Gym Leaders Should Be More Tough!

wraith89

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a random battle. My movesets were terrible, and yours was good. I can't base the facts off that. Totodile isn't that bad and can usually destroy a Miltank with ease, including Whitney's.

Even then, my moveset wasn't that great either (all I get was Dizzy Punch?). But it was still there to show you Miltank is surprisingly fast and can take hits.

Totodile? Destroy Miltank with ease? No way.

• 3 weeks later...

Gym leaders would be tougher if they could level up according to the average level of the pokemon in the party, of course, there should have a default minimum level for the gym leaders' pokemon. The way I see it, gym leaders are really easy to beat if you have high leveled pokemon. ;) don't mind me, i'm just giving my POV. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think that Gym Leaders should make their Pokemon hold useful items.

For example, Whitney's Clefairy could hold a Chople Berry, to reduce the power of fighting moves, and Whitney's Miltank could hold the Leftovers, to improve it's staying power.

The possibilities are endless!

The ghost gym I got lucky when my level 5(i think, i know it was just hatched), used metronome and it wash hyper beam and it killed their last pokemon that had full HP. i was soooo lucy.

Now that I have matured as a player I would hope that the gym battles are tougher than before because even in D/P the game was wayyyy too easy.

I think that Gym Leaders should make their Pokemon hold useful items.

For example, Whitney's Clefairy could hold a Chople Berry, to reduce the power of fighting moves, and Whitney's Miltank could hold the Leftovers, to improve it's staying power.

The possibilities are endless!

I really wish... but the game tradition is "signature Pokemon carries Sitrus Berry" and nothing else :(

I really wish... but the game tradition is "signature Pokemon carries Sitrus Berry" and nothing else :(

That's not true. In Pokemon Emerald, Juan's Kingdra held a Chesto Berry, to heal the sleep status that was self-inflicted from "Rest".

That's not true. In Pokemon Emerald, Juan's Kingdra held a Chesto Berry, to heal the sleep status that was self-inflicted from "Rest".

So did DP's Byron with Chesto Berry Bastiodon. Anyways, for the most part, it's some form of berry. I haven't seen anything like Leftovers or Life Orb or the more useful items or those really rare items. So I'm not even sure what to say.

Edited by wraith89

I hope they don't change the gym leaders pokemon, save the level of them maybe. I don't like any of the pokemon after gold and silver anyways, and i wanna play 'em like I did when I was 8 years old.

I do agree that they should have more useful items though.

Just make 'em stronger, not different

I have been playing through my old Gold ROM and I have to say, even though the gyms where low leveled I am surprised they aren't as easy as I was thinking them to be. I mean, still easy, but since I am so use to how the 4th gen works I guess it is throwing me off going old school haha.

Either way, I would still LOVE to see something stronger then a lv 9 Pidgeoto. That was so painful to see >.< And in spite of Whitney giving me such a hard time when I was young, I owned her first go this time. But I also knew type advantages this time so that helped. I want more of a challenge. I hope they really put everything they got into this remake.

I hate it when Gym Leaders/E4 have more than one of the same pokemon or its pre-evolutions. The Champion is just ridiculous. Electric- and Ice-moves take care of his whole team, so Weavile and Jolteon would be ideal, due to their fantastic speed. In Platinum, I really liked the Champion because she had variety on her pokemon. Same goes to the rest of the E4.

I hate it when Gym Leaders/E4 have more than one of the same pokemon or its pre-evolutions. The Champion is just ridiculous. Electric- and Ice-moves take care of his whole team, so Weavile and Jolteon would be ideal, due to their fantastic speed. In Platinum, I really liked the Champion because she had variety on her pokemon. Same goes to the rest of the E4.

I loved the fact that the Champion in Platinum had a wide range of types. It was just like Gen 1 when facing off againts Green/Blue. It would be neat to have that in the remakes, but at the same time not.

• 1 month later...

They changed a few gym leaders

Falkner - No longer is his Pidgeotto level 9, but level 13!! (Rejoice :P)

Bugsy - All his pokemon's levels have gone up by one

Whitney - Her Clefairy and Milktank's levels have gone down by one each (boo :frown:)

And Morty hasn't changed at all

As for the rest, I dunno, but I'm glad they made changes to those gym leaders, now we'll get nostalgia AND a challenge