New Sig.

Immerse

Hi im new to the community and I like to see people's artistic work as well as the other forum contents.

Also since i havn't done any PS work for a long time i thought id create a new sig for a new forum and was wondering if anyone would CnC it please? Any constructive criticism is welcome :) P.S The text is blah i was supposed to use a clipping mask but i ran outa time :L

I can see the basic gist of how you got most of those effects, and it's quite nicely done. I could probably manage something similiar, but it wouldn't come out so clean, mind sharing all the affects you used? or better yet, could you attach the PSD so I can look at all the pretty layers?

For the most part, I really like it. The lighting is great, and render really pops. Just a couple things though, the text is a bit on the large side. It's kinda taking away from the focal. And the render is awkwardly placed, just a bit.

Also, since the focal appears to be in motion, it might be a good idea to change the border to a solid colour and just have it along the top and bottom of the sig. xD

But yeah. Overall, great job. :]

• 3 weeks later...

Heya, I'd like to have a shot (:

It's a nice signature to look at and I like what you've done with the border!

There are just one or two things, which aren't disturbing at all but since you asked for CnC I'll be glad to share.

1. There's the lighting, you've done a nice job on the background but the character is a bit bland. There are some possibilities with the render you've chosen since its lighting isn't too over apparent. Remember though that lighting isnt just burning/dodging - it's best to take the color of your lighting and brush over your image on a new layer a bit and then set the layer mode (overlay, soft light, etc) and opacity. Also darker spots are more saturated but obviously less bright. The opposite is true for brighter areas.

2. The blending, this is something which is always difficult and sucks alltogether. I for one am not that great at blending but it's essential to make a sig look like a whole instead of a background with a render slapped on. Things you could try to blend includes putting up a dust cloud and having parts of the render disapear behind the dust cloud which makes it more included in the picture or something the like.. It's hard to explain exactly how it works but if you can get it done it'll make any sig look a hundred times better.

Again, you've done a good job on this one (especially for someone who's been out for a long time, I know what that's like) but these are just some pointers which might increase the quality of your work.

Either way, keep it up! They do say practice makes perfect (:

Cheers!

I thought it was bleneded okish :L

YEah i found the lighting hard to place on this on so i opted for the simple Black layer with liner doge add some curves and bit o' dodging.

Blending and text are the things i generally lack on, iv only been able to do one were i was able to blend them in so well :L Took me hours like :D

Thank you for the rate :D Greatly appriciated! Yes it's been a year since i was making these, time to get back to work :D