Which Starter Pokemon does you best in battles?

wraith89

Pick a Starter Pokemon  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a Starter Pokemon

• Venusaur
    • Charizard
    • Blastoise
    • Meganium
    • Typhlosion
    • Feraligatr
    • Sceptile
    • Blaziken
    • Swampert
    • Torterra
    • Infernape
    • Empoleon
    • Serperior
    • Emboar
    • Samurott
    • I am happy Unova Pokemon were added!
    • What's Pokemon?
    • I have no preference.

So people all have their favorite starter Pokemon... that's a given, but here's a twist to the question; which Starter Pokemon helps you win your battles?

I guess you can vote for four... one from each generation.

[sprite]009[/sprite]

Gen I: Blastoise makes things so slow and deadly for the opponents. My Blastoise was able to survive a Modest 31 IV Max SpAtk Kyogre's Thunder and strike back with Mirror Coat :)

[sprite]160[/sprite]

Gen II: Feraligatr... the awesome Dragon Dancer!

[sprite]260[/sprite]

Gen III: Swampert, the mudfish with only one weakness, able to take hits from stuff like Tyranitar and Metagross, and take them down one on one. I just love this thing :D

[sprite]395[/sprite]

Gen IV: Empoleon, the steel penguin in a tux destroying those Outraging Dragons for me :)

So what's yours?

Feraligator:

He's a monster crocodile, and he's first evolution is so hyperactive, and randomly blasting out high volumes of water.

Typhlosion:

It has a shimmering blaze of inferno on his BACK! and giving him Eruption + STABED + Choice Spec + max EV's in Attack and Speed = AwEsOmE

Sceptile:

2 words, Leaf Blade, nuff said.

Wraith89 you have more votes than some pokemon.;)

Come on people! 5 me vs 9 Typhlosions? Really? I must be a genius! :D

On a serious note... I had no idea people thought Typhlosion is great in battles. This is an interesting study indeed. In reality, the two best starters in battles are Swampert and Infernape... but keep going! I'd like to see all your opinions! :)

unfortunately, while playing through the game with the fire starters I have come to find that they are most beneficial to beating the game. I restarted pearl and chose chimchar and I have faced no threats so far in the game. The same with charmander, I chose him and finally evolved it and no threats have appeared.

I'm planning on playing with blaziken in sapphire soon but I'm sure it will come up with a similar outcome.

[sprite]006[/sprite]

Strong and powerful. High rankings from one of my other friends and high rankings in a book I read that ranked pokemon. Plus it looks so cool!

[sprite]257[/sprite]

Quick and deadly, blazing across the country side! I also thinks he looks cool

[sprite]392[/sprite]

Quick, deadly, and efficient. It is good at covering up its weaknesses with a varied move pool.

Overall the fire starters are pretty decent. Although I prefer the water starters I like playing through the game with the fire side as well.

• 3 weeks later...

i never had the chance to play previous versions (Gen I to III), i just started playing pearl, and my favorite among the three is kind'da obvious :)

395.png

solid single vote for "me" lol!

During the in-game, Empoleon never had the experience of staying inside the PC box. from that level 5 Piplup all the way to E4 @ level 60 Empoleon until level 85 post-national dex (Pearl), and in Platinum, from level 5 Piplup to E4 @ level 65 Empoleon :). Now, he is at level 72 and usually join my Sand Team during competitive battling against my friends :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...