Stall Storm - OU

Sand-Stall

General strategy of the team – Sandstorm to damage my opponent in combination with entry hazards while my team aren't hurt by sandstorm and recover with leftovers. Also contains a couple of powerhouses for lategame sweeping and after all the hazards are set up.

This isn't something i've tested just an idea i've had

Hippowdon @ Leftovers

252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD

Ability - Sand Stream

Nature - Impish

Earthquake

Stone Edge

Stealth Rock

Roar

My lead, sets up sandstorm with its ability and can set up rocks. It actually outspeeds more than most people think and earthquake will always hurt

Skarmory @ Leftovers

252 HP / 64 Atk / 176 Def / 16 Spe

Ability - Keen Eye

Nature - Impish

Brave Bird

Roost

Spikes

Whirlwind

Similar to hippowdon, he sets up entry hazards and then walls to hell while cycling the opponents team with whirlwind

Forretress @ Leftovers

252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def

Abiltity - Sturdy (not that it matters or i have a choice)

Nature - Relaxed

Toxic Spikes

Gyro Ball

Rapid Spin

Explosion

My third entry-hazard-setter-upper which can also get rid of my opponents rocks and explode to take down a key target.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band

176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe

Ability - Sand stream

Nature - Adamant

Stone Edge

Crunch

Pursuit

Aqua Tail

Standard ChoiceTar who isn't hurt by storm and packs as much of a punch as usual. Also sets up sandstorm again with his ability if the opponent has rain danced etc.

Heatran @ Leftovers

252 HP / 16 SpA / 240 SpD

Ability - Flash Fire

Nature - Modest

Will-O-Wisp

Substitute

Overheat

Roar

Burns things for even MORE damage over time and extra rawr support. Also another good lategame special sweeper

Zapdos @ Leftovers / Life orb (help deciding)

4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Ability - Pressure

Nature - Timid

Thunderbolt

Thunderwave

U-Turn

Roost

Leftovers cancels out sandstorm but life orb really hurts things. This is mainly used to kill water types which destroy most of my team and can then escape again with U-Turn. Thunderwave is to keep with the general stalling strategy

Yeah like i said i haven't tested this at all and a lot of things will probably need changing but yeah, criticize constructively

Your team is Swampert weak unfortunately. Try giving your Zapdos HP Grass somewhere to deal with that.

I'll give you a full rate later, but so far, some of your Pokemon have strange movesets that I'm very interested in examining.

Your team has a huge weakness to water and fire have you tried using one less rock type to balance out the mix like adding a recovery pokemon or wall like blissy with leftovers so the sand storm is cancelled out? sorry if my suggestions are bad this is my first real try at rating a team but I think it is looking not bad as a start to build up from. I like your idea of having two different weather changers.

Your team also feels a little Lucario-weak, but moreso Infernape weak. I don't see many teams with both Skarmory and Fortress, mostly since they're both epically weak to the same thing. Personally I'd remove one of those two and replace it with Swampert.

That'll help with some Pokemon, but that actually still leaves you open to Infernape thanks to grass knot...

They say Vaporeon and Latias make good Infernape counters. Maybe try one of those instead?

And yes, like everyone else said, give Zapdos HP Grass.

Gliscor works wonders in Sandstorm, most notably being able to resist fighting moves while at the same type resisting Sandstorm. Only Claydol, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Wormadam and Nincada (lol) can boast that same feat, none of which are particularly useful in OU.

Thats why a lot of sandstorm teams are weak against Scizor and Lucario.

And despite Lucario getting Ice Punch, Gliscor is still an ideal counter to Lucario. It outspeeds him and hardly any Lucario carry ice punch. The things that are weak to ice punch all outspeed him anyway. Except for Torterra I guess. And either way, why are you battling a Torterra with Lucario? Get out of there, he'll own your face. Probably.

So which ability should he go with, Sand Veil or Hyper Cutter? Both are good... especially when the former benefits from Sandstream and the latter prevents the drop from Intimidate from the likes of Gyarados and Salamence (not that Gliscor should stay in either of them, mind you...)

Gliscor is a good Lucario counter (unless they use Ice Punch or HP Ice)

OK WHAT?! Giving some things ( Like heatran ) leftovers does not make your team a stall team.Usually Magnezone isn't a problem for most stall teams, but he comes in and traps + Kills skarmory and Fortress.

What you want in Fortress's spot is a Tentacruel

Tentacruel @ leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD

Calm with Liquid Ooze.

Toxic Spikes

Surf

Rapid Spin

Ice beam/ Hidden power electric

or if your feeling advantageous use Swords dance/Waterfall/Rapid spin/Toxic spikes

Anywho your stall teams lacks a few important things, one is a perish song user to take care of last Pokemon stat uppers that stall teams really have a problem with but MOST IMPORTANTLY you lack a rapid spin blocker ( which really screws ANY good stall team not relying on Stallrein for passive damage. )

Your team is more offensive - balanced than it is stall, Tyranitar, Offensive zapdos and heatran tell me that.

Also just arbitrarily sticking 3 walls ( all physical by the way ) + 3 sweepers onto a team doesn't do you any good. I fail to see any synergy between your pokemon either. ( other than the fact that 5/6 of them aren't hit by sandstorm damage. )

I would give you a more in depth rate, but from the way it seems you haven't particularly thought this out, and I ( and I'm fairly sure no one else ) wants to entirely change your team for you. :/

What I notice about your Heatran is that, strangely enough, it's weak to the standard Scarf/Specs Heatran. Two moves get Flash Fire going, and then you have set-up moves. It also leaves Heatran open to any number of bulky water types, and someone who has GUTS Machamp/Heracross tucked away will learn how to abuse Will O Wisp.

While bulky Pokemon such as Dusknoir, Zapdos, and Vaporeon can operate on sand storm teams, you basically have to choose Leftovers. And using a standard 252/252/6 spread on Zapdos is just making it into a standard sweeper, when it can do so much more.

• 3 weeks later...

First off, change zapdos to rotom(any forme, preferably heat for scaring off forretress).The moveset should be wow, rest, sleep talk, thunderbolt;252hp, 120def, 136spdef, Bold nature.Now you have a great spin blocker and that means you don't have any problems with rapid spinners ruining your strategy.

Now, we need a good mixape counter.Tentacruel is very good.Use Toxic spikes, surf, rapid spin, knock off;252hp, 120def, 136sp.def, calm nature.Now, we have a good mixape counter and a tser too.

Forretress is really not that important now, so change it to blissey, an awesome staller.Wish, protect, toxic, flamethrower;252hp, 80sp.atk, 176spdef, Calm natureis way to go.

One minor thing, slack off instead of stone edge on that hippowdon.Also, change to flamethrower on that heatran.

^_^