One Wiggle Catch

Kitty80

I guess alot of you will have seen the new type of pokeball catch animation that sounds different when you throw the ball, it stays up for a moment longer and when it drops it only wiggles once and then you catch it, i thought this was pretty cool because i seem to be getting more of them than my boyfriend lol.

I have noticed that its not always a guaranteed catch though because sometimes they still escape. Does anyone else see these things?

If the first catch roll of the pokeball passes, then it is caught.

It ignores the other 3 catch calculations.

Does it actually do these calculations while the ball is shaking then? or is it all done as soon as you throw it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
CC = floor(mr(max(255,X)*J))

where:

* J = 2.5 if the player "obtained" more than 600 Pokémon species; else 2 if more than 450; else 1.5 if more than 300; else 1 if more than 150; else 0.5 if more than 30; else 0.

Then, if a random number from 0 through 255 is less than C, then a critical capture results.

After checking for a critical capture, the capture will succeed if X equals 255 or more.

Then a value for Y is determined, based on X:

Y = floor(mr(65536/sqrt(sqrt(mr(255/X)))))

If X is 0 in the formula above, Y is 0.

Finally, 3 random numbers are generated, or 1 random number in the case of a critical capture. The random numbers can range from 0 through 65535. If all the numbers generated are less than Y, the Pokémon is caught. Otherwise, the catch attempt fails:

* In a critical capture, if the catch attempt fails, the ball shakes once before it breaks ("Oh no! The Pokémon broke free!")

* In a normal capture, if the catch attempt failed on the first random number, the ball breaks immediately. ("Oh no! The Pokémon broke free!")

* In a normal capture, if the catch attempt failed on the second random number, the ball shakes once before it breaks. ("Aww! It appeared to be caught!")

* In a normal capture, if the catch attempt failed on the third random number, the ball shakes three times before it breaks. ("Aargh! Almost had it!")

src

• 1 month later...