PokeTEX English and trainer back sprites?

So, it seems that PokeTEX can open and view back sprites from Platinum, if offsets are provided and the read size is set properly (800x64). I find this quite nifty. The problem I have is twofold;

PokeTEX refuses to select blocks for use in the color map larger than 7x8. Now, I'm a decently patient person. If replacing the back sprites requires replacing the stock stuff block by little block, I have no problems. The problem lies in how PokeTEX writes to the sheet---instead of overwriting the 7x8 block that is selected, it replaces the whole section in the sheet - 8x8 blocks - with the 7x8 block I just edited. Rather, it takes the block and streeeeeetches it across that 8x8 section. While this is amusing, it's a bit counter-productive. Is there any way to manually change the block selection size?

The only way I know of commiting palette changes is via the Save ROM button next to the sprite map. This causes the above problem to manifest itself...so...is there another way to commit palette changes?

As far as I can tell, edits will take if done in PokeTEX...most of the time. But the above problems prevent proper edits :\

(I've mirrored this over at the PokeCommunity, just sayin' so nobody goes "ehhhhhh? o.O" if they see it)

Your pokecommunity mirrors are fine. In-fact I interoperate between the two boards regularly. But I do stick to this one primarily as the pokecommunity people seem to have given up hope entirely on D/P/P (or almost entirely)

Now as I have no experience with poketex, I can not help you out but I will hop on the IRC channel and see if I can find others to aid you. As the more info we have documented, the easier it will be for me to do my texture edits on the final release of my hack.

Mmright, just making sure. I know that some fansites don't like being linked to others, and are more than happy to rip into someone who does.

Feh, quitters. The D/P/P situation isn't *completely* hopeless, it just requires creative use of old tools. Think I helped prove that with my overworld-swapping tutorial. Which reminds me, I need to go link the video I learned some of that from...

Anyway, I think PokeTEX must have some sort of auto-detection for selection size that malfunctions (and so falls back on some sort of default value) when data it's not designed to load - in this case back images, which appear to be packed differently - is loaded. Perhaps if someone could crack it open and find where the default value that it falls back on is stored, we could get somewhere :v

It's pretty strange though, if you think about it. PokeTEX brings up the back images perfectly, palette and all, even though it's packed differently. I wonder how. The palettes are stored in a separate file, after all.

'course, I'm just guessing at all this. I'm still very, very much a newb at the whole hacking scene.