TwistedFatal Black and White Toolbox

Before you finish another tool, it would be best to add in narc support to the tools you already have finished. I'd love it if the next one you finish would be the attack editor, actually, since it will be quicker to finish that than the Wild Pokemon editor, right? If I knew a programming language, I'd make one myself, since it's one of the simpler tools to make.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TwistedFatal, might I humbly inquire as to when you expect to finish the Wild Pokemon Editor?

i have all the progress i made so far its just a matter of replacing offsets. but the wild editor is a massive tool and tbh i would rather make all the easier tools to do first so i will halt the program until my other tools are done

which you can expect to be done in a week or probably sooner but the wild editor will take me a week to make

Before you finish another tool, it would be best to add in narc support to the tools you already have finished. I'd love it if the next one you finish would be the attack editor, actually, since it will be quicker to finish that than the Wild Pokemon editor, right? If I knew a programming language, I'd make one myself, since it's one of the simpler tools to make.

i still need to figure out how to add narc support i did try it it worked but then messed up but yea i will be making all the the attack editor and moveset editor after the stats editor is done as its my main priority

But i have problem to edit last byte D: so my program is not fun for me.

Anyway wild editor is huge for gui. Must have 7 slot set in every map, also in seasonal route too. Also header byte, is can disable and enable.

yes the wild editor is defo huge exactly 14k lines of code just for the routes alone not mention im probably gonna run out of controls because i am programming it on vb6 lol i should be on vb2011 but vb6 is what i know

and i dont really wanna learn a new language atm

Btw Twisted fate,

There is a list here that mention the Pokemon encounters within the black and white roms.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/RNG/Black%20Slots.html

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/RNG/White%20Slots.html

thnx for this info this will defo help with landmarks :D

In my experiment i was edited header byte, if default are disable, it can't be enable....... except insert something script in some narc .. . .

anyway that landmarks is from kaphotic files. ... is from japanese wiki for pokemon black and white games~~.... i know japanese language (not all kanji :P)

hey your programs are great but ive been having problems as it seems they do not support Eur pokemon roms it always says unsupported rom and closes, so meanwhile im gonna go see if i download an US version. Also could you upload the file of the stats editor in mediafire? for some reason when i enter to megaupload it shows as if i exceeded my download (which isnt the case) and also is deleted on rapidshare. Anyway thanks in advance !

hey your programs are great but ive been having problems as it seems they do not support Eur pokemon roms it always says unsupported rom and closes, so meanwhile im gonna go see if i download an US version. Also could you upload the file of the stats editor in mediafire? for some reason when i enter to megaupload it shows as if i exceeded my download (which isnt the case) and also is deleted on rapidshare. Anyway thanks in advance !

done 1st post, whats the header for eur roms

done 1st post, whats the header for eur roms

Thanks a lot ! and forget about the Eur problem its working fine now it was just an error of mine, works just fine on Eur roms ! oh and btw is there any chance you could make the attack editor do the following;

- Stay in the task bar when using another programs (it sucks not to see it when it goes background)

- add a function to revert the attack back to how it was originally (in case we mess up)

- maybe add a function to replace pokemons egg/level up moves (this is to make the rom hacking even more complete and unique)

- Add scrolling function in some windows mainly the pokemon one and the effects one.

I guess that´s all i can think for now, i hope my suggestions help ! :D and thanks again !

Thanks a lot ! and forget about the Eur problem its working fine now it was just an error of mine, works just fine on Eur roms ! oh and btw is there any chance you could make the attack editor do the following;

- Stay in the task bar when using another programs (it sucks not to see it when it goes background)

- add a function to revert the attack back to how it was originally (in case we mess up)

- maybe add a function to replace pokemons egg/level up moves (this is to make the rom hacking even more complete and unique)

- Add scrolling function in some windows mainly the pokemon one and the effects one.

I guess that´s all i can think for now, i hope my suggestions help ! :D and thanks again !

1. nps can do that

2. i chould do this but it would take a while

3. il add that in my moveset editor

4. if you mean the middle mouse click a.k.a auto scroll i dont know how to add that

1. nps can do that

2. i chould do this but it would take a while

3. il add that in my moveset editor

4. if you mean the middle mouse click a.k.a auto scroll i dont know how to add that

Cool looking forward to them, and on the scrolling yeah but well i guess we cant have it all ^_^

Erm, hi and awesome editting tools. Just wondering if you've fixed your attack editor yet... I would love to use it and edit a lot of them moves to my desires. lol

Thanks!

well i need to find out what effects are because the effects are in a completely diffrent order compared to hgss and dp this tool is based of the tool i created for hgss which i never released

and iv just found out that the byte after the attack type is actually the effect enabler which works with the effect accuracy but i will explain this better when iv finished the tool

TwistedFatal, might I most humbly inquire of you as to when you expect the Attack Editor to be completed?

chould be anywhere from today to a few days the way im checking is im using fire punch to check effects then the effects i dont know i will use protect and so forth till i find out what the effect does its a time consuming process because iv got to use probably every attack till i find out the correct effect and their is 337 effects so far iv only fount 23 effects i should of really tested before i released but tbh i didnt think they would change the way the effects are i mean theirs no change from dp and hgss its just the effects that are diffrent the power,accuracy,pp,eff accuracy, type are the same

I hear ya, man. I noticed that it was a piece of cake to hex edit a move's PP, Accuracy, Power, etc., but i couldn't figure out for the life of me how to change those tougher ability effects.

I wanted to make Retaliate into a Normal-type Circle Throw / Dragon Tail, and I even went so far as to go to the correct narc (a/0/2/1?) and copy *all* of the hex values from Dragon Tail and paste them over *all* of Retaliate's values. In the end, I got a Dragon-type Retaliate with 60 base power, 10 pp, 90 accuracy, and the same old Retaliate effect.

Has anybody successfully hex-edited some of the more complicated move effects? Ones like Baton Pass, Heart Swap or Roar? I could see this helping out TwistedFatal a fair bit...

I hear ya, man. I noticed that it was a piece of cake to hex edit a move's PP, Accuracy, Power, etc., but i couldn't figure out for the life of me how to change those tougher ability effects.

I wanted to make Retaliate into a Normal-type Circle Throw / Dragon Tail, and I even went so far as to go to the correct narc (a/0/2/1?) and copy *all* of the hex values from Dragon Tail and paste them over *all* of Retaliate's values. In the end, I got a Dragon-type Retaliate with 60 base power, 10 pp, 90 accuracy, and the same old Retaliate effect.

Has anybody successfully hex-edited some of the more complicated move effects? Ones like Baton Pass, Heart Swap or Roar? I could see this helping out TwistedFatal a fair bit...

looking more at diffrent attacks its even more advanced swords dance and all moves that raise stats is in its own location whirlwind and protect have their own location but the good thing is. is that you have more control over effects ie if you wanted you chould make swords dance raise you attack 6 stages thus making swords dance equivalent to anger point :) unfortunately tho iv now got too look at every attack in hex and guess where the effect is lol so this will take a while as iv got to copy the whole move hex and paste into fire punch since this is the attack im going to be testing

Is there any reason for just using Fire Punch? Your party alone can carry up to 24 separate moves, to say nothing of boxed pokemon. Unless I misunderstand, this might save ya some time jumping back and forth between the hex editor and the game...

Is there any reason for just using Fire Punch? Your party alone can carry up to 24 separate moves, to say nothing of boxed pokemon. Unless I misunderstand, this might save ya some time jumping back and forth between the hex editor and the game...

good point but this way is just easier its time consuming but i will get a better result, but im gonna put the attack editor on hold and focus on my moveset editor which im working on now

good point but this way is just easier its time consuming but i will get a better result, but im gonna put the attack editor on hold and focus on my moveset editor which im working on now

Very cool, I'm looking forward to the moveset editor. If you're not working on the attack editor at the moment, though, would you be willing to share the locations for effects that boost stats and effects like Whirlwind?

Very cool, I'm looking forward to the moveset editor. If you're not working on the attack editor at the moment, though, would you be willing to share the locations for effects that boost stats and effects like Whirlwind?

swords dance attack located at "0670da8" 5353 4A00 0000 0002 0000 651E 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 3200 0000 0701 0000 0200 0000 0000

0002 second byte must be 02, 0701 1st byte is who gets hit in battle "07" = your poke 2nd byte is what stat gets raised this can go up to 7

00 - nothing 01 - attack - 02 - defense - 03 -special attack - 04 special defense - 05 speed - 06 - accuracy - 07 - evasiveness

0200 - attack multiplier can go up to 6

0002 - if you change 02 to 0c then the attack becomes protect and if you change 02 to 0d -the attack becomes whirlwind

thats all i can help you out with atm

hm effect of move is added effect poison or other, in item is remove these effect, but i don't know is still same or not.........

TwistedFatal, can give HEX value for poison, paralyze, sleep, freeze, confused, badly poison for compare with item effect :)

yeah i was understand many hex value effect and many but i no documented it xD

anyway you will create tools pokedex entries for pokemon location editor too? i just found 3 narc is maybe for that.......

but is weird hex value :/ some file like "XXFFXXFFXXFFXXFF...." , i was discover all sprite (because script data is same place) so i easy found many data to research xD