TwistedFatal Black and White Toolbox

I'm pretty sure the above trick is only used for the japanese versions. And I've experienced the same issue, so I'm not sure if it's a general bug or not, but the US roms can't be editted like that. I've even remade the narc file but still have the same issue, just with 2 pokemon showing up instead.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got Good News For People Needing The Moveset Files lol Turns Out Ages Ago When I Released My 1st Version Of The Moveset Editor The Tool Got Leaked To Other Sites Who Kept The Original Link

http://www.mediafire.com/?kg9upe7fl6f7fe7 <-- Thats My 1st Version With The Moveset Files

If You Use That Tool You Can Only Change 22 Attacks But It Should Work

Because It Is The 1st Version It Was Only Made For Black And White not Black And white v2

However Doing What I Wrote Above to The Files Should Work

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How are you supposed to use the Moveset editor? When I click on "File" to select "Open Narc" it's grayed out. Then it talks about PPNFR, and I don't know what that is?

Without trying to load a file, selecting any Pokemon from the list results in an unhandled exception error. So I'd imagine you're supposed to load the Narc in there somehow.

I thankfully can use the old moveset editor (and since I wanted to modify White 1, that leaves me with no incompatibility.) from http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?14825-TwistedFatal-Black-and-White-Toolbox&p=163871&viewfull=1#post163871

Twisted, your instructions in the new editor and readme downloads don't include instructions to get the mininarcs, but it seems they should from what I read.

---

I enhanced the performance of the first editor for speed editing with an AutoHotKey script found here: http://pastebin.com/aMNX4rgE. I have yet to test the results on an actual ROM to make sure I'm not breaking anything, but it seems like it'll work. Struggled through plenty of errors from manual inputs before I figured out that you have to hit the down arrow key. So I solved that, and set it so that with this script running you can hit Enter instead of the Down arrow. Furthermore, moving from item to item is inconsistent in the program. I'd normally accomplish it with TAB, but that jumped me seemingly randomly. So I set it up so that you can enter the levels all in one or two goes, and moves, by clicking one box and hitting Enter to move to the next one.

I also added a couple commands for clearing out the existing movesets. Pressing \ with your mouse over a level box will clear it and the adjacent move box. It can be pressed in quick succession, as your mouse moves to the row beneath. Pressing ] will do the same thing as \, but 11x in a row, so you can clear one column of level and attack quickly.

Hope this might come in handy for some people.

----

I came up with a second script for automation after seeing the PPNFR tool. I modified the original 151 Pokemon's moves for my hack, and was not about to sit through patching 151 files. So I automated it.

http://pastebin.com/nUMDQ9rT

Press Ctrl+] to run the script while PPNFR is active. It is currently set up to take ~2 hours to run through all 667 files. A small amount of time compared to anyone who actually did customize all 667 files. You can modify the script to make it run through only a certain number of Pokemon and change where it will start running at. You can change the very last number if you want, it's in milliseconds. I set 10000 ms or 10 seconds because PPNFR freezes up for ~6 seconds, but sometimes up to 8 seconds for me, as I apply my changed movesets. If your computer runs faster, you can tone the time down, but if it's not enough, just increase it.

Edited by Exaskryz

• 3 weeks later...

Helllo I got a problem with the narc stats editor.

For some reason when I select certain pokemon like cinccino

The editor crashes.

But works for most of the pokemon...but was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this..

Edited by lionheart99

• 8 months later...

im having trouble with the moveset editor. it worked fine when i used it a month ago, but now i change the moves, do all the insertion steps, and i level up to the level i set the move to be learned at, it doesnt ask me if i want to learn it. i cant figure out what wrong. my steps are:

1. open moveset editor

2. set watchog to learn sleep talk at level 29

3. save

4. open ppnfr

5. open Moveset.narc

6. open File 505

7. replace with 505.narc

8. open nitroexplorer2b

9. open Black2.nds in nitroexplorer2b

10. select a\0\1\8

11. replace with Moveset.narc

now when i open it in desmume, i level watchog to level 29 and he doesnt learn sleep talk. i cant figure out what wrong

• 2 years later...
Got Good News For People Needing The Moveset Files lol Turns Out Ages Ago When I Released My 1st Version Of The Moveset Editor The Tool Got Leaked To Other Sites Who Kept The Original Link

http://www.mediafire.com/?kg9upe7fl6f7fe7 <-- Thats My 1st Version With The Moveset Files

If You Use That Tool You Can Only Change 22 Attacks But It Should Work

Because It Is The 1st Version It Was Only Made For Black And White not Black And white v2

However Doing What I Wrote Above to The Files Should Work

Hey twistedfatal I used your 1st version with the moveset file to edit both bw and b2w2. It is fine as I don't need to add more than 22 attacks. I forgot that since the files are of black and white 1 it doesn't have the kyreum forms either.... can I just extract the files from the 8.narc and pasted into the movset folder and will the editor read them? If not than do I have to extract the steelix file and use your newer version of the tool?

Thanks

• 2 years later...
56 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

@twistedfatal (or anyone that has the file), PM em to me, I'll upload em to the ROM editing portion.

Thread locked.

Edit: We have the files, it's edited into the first post.
Thread re-opened.

yes thank you for that
but the tool in the first post only contains the moveset editor and in-trade game editor
and only works on Japanese roms ...

18 minutes ago, D'Alessandro Lucas said:

but the tool in the first post only contains the moveset editor and in-trade game editor
and only works on Japanese roms ...

eh what? I think these were the only ones that were obtained prior to all the links died.

Plus Japanese and International games should have the same narcs (for what you mentioned) for it should work.
(Unless it reads the game directly, instead of narcs, then GG)

In any event, my tags to the user is still there.. so if OP comes online (hasn't been online since 2014), the user will get the notification.
Now wait patiently..