TwistedFatal Black and White Toolbox

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Yea Sorry Guys Forgot To Add The Instructions Of How To Use The Moveset Editor

Ok So What You Need To Do Is

First Extract a/0/1/8 Using Nitro Explorer 2b

Once Extracted

Open Kiwi.ds NDS Editor (If You Don't Have It You Can Download It Here http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/utilities/download-nds-editor-01-f5658.html)

Once Done

Click On File - Open (Or Click On The Open Folder)

Once The Open File Dialog Pops up Click On The Drop Down Box Where It Says Supported Files

Click On All Files

Then Locate To Where You Extracted The 8 File

Then Open The 8 File

You Should See A Rar File (In Kiwi.ds)

Double Click On That Rar File

And Another Window Pops up

Click On The The All Button with A Tick (The Second Button Up The Top Next To The Page)

Now Click On The Page

Now All The Mini Narcs Inside That Narc Will Be Dumped (The Mini Narcs Is What The Moveset Editor Will Be Using)

Now The Hard Part

You Will First Need To Locate Them Mini Narcs (They Should Be Where You Extracted 8.narc Their Should Be A Folder Called 8 or The Mini Narcs Will Be inside That Folder)

Once You Have Successfully Found Where They Are

You Now Have Two Options

1st Option (Quickest Way But Longer If You Want all Pokemon To Have Their Default moveset)

Locate 208.narc (This Is Steelix Moveset It Has 24 Attacks)

Delete All Them Files Except 208.narc

Once Done Copy 208.narc 648 Times

Now Rename Every 1 Of Them Files 1 to 649

Quickest Way To Do This is Get A Mass File Renamer Tool (I Wont Go Into Detail Of How To Mass Rename)

Once Finished You Will Be Able To Load All Them Files Into My Moveset Editor

Now The Way My Tool Works Is You Open The Modified Mini Narc and Replace It Using PPNFR And Nitro Explorer

So Basically You Can replace 1 Moveset at A Time

Now The Second Option Is Will Take Alot Longer

Option 2.

Open 208.narc In A Hex Editor and Note Exactly How Many Bytes Their Is

Now To Give All Pokemon 24 Attacks You Need To Add Loads Of Zeros Till It Has The Exact Amount Of Bytes As 208

I Have Just Thought Of The First Option

I Have Been Doing The Second Option Which Takes A long Time

Also When i Created The Moveset Editor i Was Playing Dray's First Black And White Hack So Thats Why I Didn't Dump The Mini Narc Files From The First Rom As It Would Of Taken Me Even More Time

It Is A Long Process But Once You Have Done It. It will Make Editing Moveset Much Quicker

But When The M Project Is Finished All Tools Will Have Loads Of Features That Will Make Life Easier

No Only The Moveset You Wish To Edit

All The Default Movesets Will Be Stored In The Game

Unless You Replace Every Single File

If you Copy 208.narc 649 Times and Rename em 1 to 649

Then Every Pokemon Will Have Steelix Moveset In The Moveset Editor But Its Only If You Replace The Files Using PPNFR Then Nitroexplorer2b That The Pokemon In The Game Will Have Them Movesets

Its Done By Per File Basis

Its Only When You Replace The Narc In Nitro Explorer 2b That The Moveset Becomes Active in The Game

So Basicaly Yes You Will Need To Change The Moveset In The Tool

To Be Honest That Should Be Ovbious

Either Way

You Can Either Change The Moveset Files Using My Tool

Or You Can Change Them Via Hex

Heres A Rundown On What Happens

PPNFR Is Used To Replace The Mini Narc Into The Main Narc

The Mini Narc = The Pokemon Moveset

The Main Narc = The Master Narc That Get Inserted Into The Game (The Master Narc Is All Pokemons Movesets In 1 File That The Game Will Use)

The Mini Narc Cannot Be Inserted Into The Game Directly

Now How My Tool Works Is

When You Click On a Pokemon

The Mini Narc File Will Be Loaded Automatically

Say You Click On Gengar For Example

Gengar's National Dex Number Is 94

Gengar's Index Number In My Tool Is 94

So The Mini Narc File 94 Will Be Loaded

And So On

Also The Reason The Open Narc Is Disabled Is Becuase It Will Be Used In The Master Project Aswell As Direct Rom Editing

If You Actually Hovered Your Mouse Over The Disabled Button It Says (Used For Master Project) <-- I Put That Their For A Reason

This Version Of The Tool Was Not Meant To Be Released

But Because I Updated It And People Was Asking I Figured I Would Release It

Also If You Are Replacing The Files Make Sure You Do it In The Tool because It Gives you Instructions On How To Do Everything

1 Last Thing Always Hover Your Mouse Over Every Readable Text Because Their Is Alot Of Tooltips That Tell You What Stuff Does

This Includes Labels, Textboxes, Menu's, Drop Down Boxes

I Know They Don't Show For Long but just Keep hovering Til You read The Tooltip(s)

Also The Mini Narc Files Must Be Placed In A Folder Called "Moveset Files" And The tool Must Be In The Same Place But Not In The Folder

Minus The Quotes = ""

Tools Needed Are

PPNFR (Project Pokemon Narc File Replacer) - (Used For Replacing Mini Narcs) - (http://projectpokemon.org/mirrors/PPNFR.zip)

Nitro Explorer 2b (Used For Putting The Main Narcs Into The Game) - ( http://projectpokemon.org/mirrors/NitroExplorer2b.zip)

Kiwi.ds (Used For Dumping Mini Narcs From Main Narcs) - (http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/ut...-01-f5658.html)

Create A Folder Where My Tools Are Call It "Narc Tools" And Place Them Tools In Their For My Tool To Be Able To Load Them

Now it makes sense. So basically, if I just add zeros equal to the number needed for 24 attacks to any Pokemon learn list I want to expand, the tool will operate correctly. However, if I just want to replace one move for another, I shouldn't have to do that, right? Or perhaps the program will crash when loading any learn list with less than 24 attacks?

Yes The Program Will Only Work If The loaded Mini Narc Has 24 Attacks

Because When You Click Save The Program Will Save All 24 Attacks So If The Narc Has Less Then 24 attacks It May Mess Up The Game

But To Be Honest I Haven't Tried That

But Im Going To Be Updating My Moveset Editor Very Soon

To Get Rid Of The Limit

Also ffff ffff Has To Be After The extra zeros In Every file

Edited by twistedfatal

Then Go To 00050a97 In The Hex Editor. You Should See This - EF01 5700 01EF 0157 0002 EF01 1E <-- This Is The Information For Snivy

Note That The Hex Bytes In Bold Is The Information For Snivy. Two Of Them Bytes Are Used For The Game To Identify The Pokemon And 1 Of Them Bytes is Used As The Actual Pokemon

I just fixed this :

actually pokemon starter is script give pokemon command (is give to you a pokemon)....

is stored on a/0/5/6:854-7

is on narc a/0/5/6 , file id : 856, script id : 7 is pokemon black 2

offset script id 7 : 2BB + 4*7 = 02BB + 1C == 2D7

you will find it :

2800 2580 EF01 5700 01 EF01 5700 02 EF01 1E00 5100

2800 2580 : is command id pokemon for pokemon you will get

5700 01 EF01 : is command for text purpose only, id text 01, is on black white border message.

5700 02 EF01 : is command for text purpose only, id text 02, is on text, on normal message.

last :

1080 2580 0000 0500 23006109

1080 2580 0000 0500 , is pokemon command again, 1080 is another script id for 2580 id, is controlling forme and level of pokemon~

you will see :

P_black2_U_28_6811.png

actually you can added item holder or another attribute, btw is need scripting~

I'm having trouble loading the narc file in the Starter editor. I extracted the file TwistedFatal indicated in the Narc Locations text file, but when I try to load it in the tool, it doesn't work. This is what I get:

screen.png

I'm pretty sure I'm using a clean rom.

choose the «back to main» option (above credits) and this should bring you to the screen showing B2 and W2. Once you choose your version you should then be able to open the rom, not the narc file. hopefully that does the trick for you.

^^^ I Have Recreated That Tool Will Upload Shortly So You May Aswell Delete That Tool

Also @all I Currently Have 2 Weeks Holiday Starting From 21st So I Will Continue With My Master Project, It Should Be finished Within Them 2 Weeks

I Haven't made No Progress Due To Work

But It Will Defiantly Be Finished In Them 2 Weeks holiday

• 1 month later...
^^^ I Have Recreated That Tool Will Upload Shortly So You May Aswell Delete That Tool

Also @all I Currently Have 2 Weeks Holiday Starting From 21st So I Will Continue With My Master Project, It Should Be finished Within Them 2 Weeks

I Haven't made No Progress Due To Work

But It Will Defiantly Be Finished In Them 2 Weeks holiday

You made any progress with this? We are all Curious. I am currently anticipating the Starter Editor Tool for the English versions myself.

• 1 month later...

Can you make it so you can edit patched roms too please??? Or recommend a tool that can?? im tlaking about the "Pokemon Black And Version 2 Stats Editor Direct Rom" i really wanna edit this patched rom i have but ur tool wont let me, anyway to make it so it will?

Can you make it so you can edit patched roms too please??? Or recommend a tool that can?? im tlaking about the "Pokemon Black And Version 2 Stats Editor Direct Rom" i really wanna edit this patched rom i have but ur tool wont let me, anyway to make it so it will?

why you not try unpack rom and get narc file than just waiting twistfatal for supporting a modified rom?, twistfatal tools is work with fixed offset.

tools released now like PPRE or Spiky DS map editor is just unpack and pack file from file, is can't called direct edit, is automatic edit.

Ok thanks i can now do it :).

I have bigger quesiton now, is there a tutorial anywhere for creating new sprites for pokemon B/W/ 1+2? can you make static sprites or do they have to be animated and how would i insert a custom sprite, like for example, for some fakemon images i have?

Also, is it possible to add a 650th pokemon? or is 649 the limit? like if i wanted to add my new fakemon sprites would i need to replace existing sprites, for example 001/002/003 or could i just add them at the end as 649/650/651?

TwistedFatal- i know this is exceedingly late and i love your tools!!! They are the best! But how do you use the Moveset Editor?? I've been searching through your forums everywhere.... and i cant do it.... When I try to open the narc, it says "used for master project"..... And i can't find your tutorial video.... :( If you could answer this you'd be the best ever. :P (By the way it's for Black 2....)

• 2 weeks later...
I know i should know this, and you've probably explained this to many people countless times. And i have NitroExplorer2b

I Have Written What Needs To Be Done 18 Posts From Your Last Post

Also Im No Longer Making Tools For Pokemon Anymore

A. Because I Have Lost The Projects Due To A Virus

B. Because I Am No Longer Interested In Pokemon. I'm Currently Making Mods For Skyrim

Also Sorry To Those That Were Waiting For My new Tools

I Did However Add All The Narcs Before But Unfortunately They Got Taken Down So Thats Why You Have To Do It Manualy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres A Quicker tutorial

Tools Needed: PPNFR (Project pokemon narc File Replacer) Kiwi.ds Nitroexplorer2b

1. Open Nitro Explorer 2b

2. Go To a/0/1/8

3. Extract That 8 File To Desktop

4. Download Kiwi.ds (Located 19 Posts Up From This Post)

5. Open That 8 file Inside That Program

6. Double Click On The Rar File

7. Click On The Plus Sign

8. Dump 208 File

9. Copy 208 File 648 Times ( So You Should Now Have 649 files)

10. Rename The 208 File From 1 To 649

11. Move All Them Files To Where The Moveset Editor Is Located

12. Create A new Folder Called "Moveset Files" And Put That Folder In The Same Place As Where The Moveset Editor is

13. Put All The Mini Narc Files Into That Folder

14. Open Up Moveset Editor and Click On Any Pokemon You Wish To Edit

15. You Will Notice That Every Pokemon Has Steelix Moveset

16. Change The Moves To What You Want The Pokemon To Know

17. Click On Pokemon Tab Then Click Save

18. Fire Up PPNFR

19. Load Your Rom In PPNFR

20. Replace The File You Just Edited

21. Open Nitroexplorer2b

22. Replace The 8.Narc with Your Modified 8.narc

23. Fire Up Pokemon And Enjoy Your New Moveset

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Wrote This All From The Top Of My Head as I Dont Have To Tools Or The Rom Anymore

Its Been Along Time Since I Edited Or Even Played Pokemon

So Their May Be Mistakes But You Should Get This Gist Of How To Use The Program

..:::']['-\/\/-|-$-']['-3-|):::F-/\-']['-/\-L:::..