TwistedFatal Black and White Toolbox

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're final version of The stats editor is now absolutely perfect. Search Function Fixed, you can save multiple things at once, abilities and hold items are translated.... and that one bug I found on the last version is no more (I didn't report it here because by the time I went to do so, you had already updated it).

You're final version of The stats editor is now absolutely perfect. Search Function Fixed, you can save multiple things at once, abilities and hold items are translated.... and that one bug I found on the last version is no more (I didn't report it here because by the time I went to do so, you had already updated it).

please redownload just quickly fixed the alternate forms again on the rom editing part lol vb failed to save it but it is now fixed :)

Nice work on the Stats Editor. Any idea when the Moveset Editor will be completed?

the moveset editor will be uploaded in about 10 mins iv finaly fixed it :D^_^

Oh twistfatal, you used nitroexplorer class? if yes, is maybe can replace/reinsert file is increase on size to ROM so no need narc mode but narc mode is usefull for researching (i waiting for this).

but on stat editor for "be able to play the game from the tool", is just open the file, i think is need wind DS pro for that (or registering nds extension to right emulator). but i like you give a notes or something changelog on archive...

thank you, is seem perfectly than old version , Good Job!! i really like this :3 i just waiting you using nitroexplorer class file :3 so is no need worried for damage ROM since is can increase file size, and twistfatal for moveset, limit attatck is 20 ? i hope is 21 move~ Move tutor and TM/HM is on stat pokemon narc data.

I think TM/HM, moveset, attack editor, Move tutor is stored in you moveset editor, is really all in one for attack/moveset editor :3

1. Make a backup copy of your ROM in case anything goes wrong.

2. Extract the a/0/2/1 narc file from whatever ROM you wish to edit (I used NitroExplorer). Make sure to add the .narc extension to the file name after extraction.

3. Extract that same narc file into a folder containing the individual data files (I used Kiwi.ds).

4. Open the Moveset editor and make the changes you want (I strongly advise making a copy of the original moveset folder included with the tool beforehand, just in case).

5. Copy the edited files and paste them into the extracted narc file, replacing the old ones. You may have to rename them.

6. Convert the folder containing the moveset data back into a narc file (With Kiwi.ds, choose "Make narc file..." under Tools).

7. Reinsert the narc file back into a/0/2/1, replacing the old one.

Note: Both NitroExplorer and Kiwi.ds are included with KazoWAR's trainer editor, if you want to use them.

hey twistedfatal. your moveset tool is just amazing! the only thing is that on certain pokemon there are errors that occur. specifically nuzleaf, taillow, swellow, wingull, and pelipper. there are arithmetic errors on each of them when i click on their names and their movesets looks distorted. i change all of their movesets to their original while saving each one separately. in-game they don't learn anything at all (i use rare candies). i then put the original moveset files back and taillow/wingull still dont learn anything. swellow and pelipper learn things but they aren't always the right moves or level :/

can you please help with this? i first noticed this oddity when i battled a trainer who had a pelipper that only knew soak and growl. i dont know if anything else is like that but these are the most obvious ones i could find.

thanks for the fixes. here are some more that give me similar errors when i click on them: Ralts (280), Nosepass (299), Skitty (300), Sableye (302), Grotle (388), and LickiLicky (463).

is it normal to have an arithmetic error when you add an extra attack to a pokemon's moveset? for instance, on Shiftry i changed the level that it learns its normal moves, saved, and when i click on it again it gives an arithmetic error. i also changed Swellow's moveset to have an extra move and it gave errors too. in-game they either don't learn them or they don't learn anything for several levels. before, i only changed moves to different ones and that worked fine but now that i tried adding an entirely new move or just changing what level they learn them at, it doesn't register.

I keep getting an unhandled exception has occured in your application error with the following details. all I did was add 3 moves to bulbasaur and save

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToShort(String Value)

at WindowsApplication1.Form1.kanto_SelectedIndexChanged_1(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

WindowsApplication1

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Evan/Desktop/TwistedFatal/5th%20gen%20Moveset%20Editor/Pokemon%205th%20Gen%20Moveset%20Editor.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Is just missing up about wrong pointer to read that (since moveset it not static file size for every pokemon, so that problem| if you move is not registered on game, is not twistfatal tools fault, is on repacking narc file... check it first- for safe thing you must repack it into new narc- it works , don't trying re insert them using CT2) ... i don't know sometime it will continued read last data and not load a another data, if i click another it will give a error but this error can resume last data and still can save, o.oa

I don't understand something. I open the Moveset editor, then try to edit Treecko. I finish with the moveset editing, and I save List 1. Then I open the Narc file replacer, I load the narc a018, I click Replace file, but I don't know which file I have to replace. If I try to replace a018, an error occurs. Please, help me...

thanks for the fixes. here are some more that give me similar errors when i click on them: Ralts (280), Nosepass (299), Skitty (300), Sableye (302), Grotle (388), and LickiLicky (463).

is it normal to have an arithmetic error when you add an extra attack to a pokemon's moveset? for instance, on Shiftry i changed the level that it learns its normal moves, saved, and when i click on it again it gives an arithmetic error. i also changed Swellow's moveset to have an extra move and it gave errors too. in-game they either don't learn them or they don't learn anything for several levels. before, i only changed moves to different ones and that worked fine but now that i tried adding an entirely new move or just changing what level they learn them at, it doesn't register.

its not normal to have the arithmetic error the only time you should see this is if ur loading the wrong file or the files do not have 22 attacks in each or the bytes have messed up for some unknown reason what i mean is in the levels it should only be 0100+ upto ff00 but sometimes it goes 0180 etc. if you would like to fix the files yourself. you will need a hex editor then once you have that. open a file in hex and replace all of the bytes to zeros then at the end have 8 f's so basicly you have 88 zeros then 8 f's also i gave swellow an extra attack and its fine so i have no idea what the problem is

I don't understand something. I open the Moveset editor, then try to edit Treecko. I finish with the moveset editing, and I save List 1. Then I open the Narc file replacer, I load the narc a018, I click Replace file, but I don't know which file I have to replace. If I try to replace a018, an error occurs. Please, help me...

in the moveset editor you should see a label that says loaded file next to that you should see the loaded file (if you have windows 7 and you have aero themes on the writting will be black its recommended to turn this of to see the program properly) also you only replace a/0/1/8 in crystal tile if you try to replace using nitro explorer the game will crash. crystal tile automagicaly repoints the moveset.

Can the narc file replacer be used to replace files other than ones located in a/0/1/8, for example palette files found in a/0/0/4?

yes probably. kazo tools also use this program

here's what i found out: first i edit the level that a pokemon learns its moves. after i save, the same error occurs where i click on it again and it says there is an arithmetic error. i used a hex editor to see what is happening and i think that there are FF's where the learning level spaces are...i really dont know why that happens. with a little effort i think i can change it manually but i just dont see why it happens.

a little more testing an it turns out that it happens to any pokemon that i try to edit the original move learning level. changing the move is fine, adding an entirely new move after the original moves is fine. just editing the level is causing this error. again, this is trivial to fix by using a hex editor. thanks for all the help and great tool twistedfatal!

Edited by FatefulEncounter