The use of ARs and legal checkers

alexion891

Greetings I'm new to the fourms and I would like to know how nintendo legal checkers in the vgc work for black and white.

I would like to known what is determined by to be illegal for the vgc such as changing the pokemon's nature and iv.

A friend of mine who plans to enter it is a bit worried that he might be caught.If changing the nature and ivs are detectable by the legal checkers in the vgc then how can he fix his team?

Edit- I would also like to add that he doesn't have an issue with using these modified pokemon in random battles.

Some say Nintendo VGC does random screening, and will be able to detect whether a game cart has ever come into contact with any hacking devices such as AR.

Would be safer to use a different game to hack and send to your original (VGC), or use the ir-GTS method.

Edit,

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-pokemon-black-version/58742236

Fix: transfer pokemon, delete game save, transfer pokemon back?

Some say Nintendo VGC does random screening, and will be able to detect whether a game cart has ever come into contact with any hacking devices such as AR.

Would be safer to use a different game to hack and send to your original (VGC), or use the ir-GTS method.

Edit,

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-pokemon-black-version/58742236

Fix: transfer pokemon, delete game save, transfer pokemon back?

I've personally competed in the VGC and can assure you that this is false. I hacked my Platinum, Heart Gold AND Soul Silver to hell and back for items, Perfect IVs, etc. When they ran their "Hack Check" on my game, they passed it off as fine. Their check is used to find anomalies such as inappropriate stats for certain Pokemon, hacked EVs (Like 255 in every stat), etc etc. It in no way detects whether or not a cheat device has been used unless the user leaves a glaring pile of bread crumbs that shows they have.

In short, their checks look for illegal stats and move-sets. Nothing more nothing less.

I've personally competed in the VGC and can assure you that this is false. I hacked my Platinum, Heart Gold AND Soul Silver to hell and back for items, Perfect IVs, etc. When they ran their "Hack Check" on my game, they passed it off as fine. Their check is used to find anomalies such as inappropriate stats for certain Pokemon, hacked EVs (Like 255 in every stat), etc etc. It in no way detects whether or not a cheat device has been used unless the user leaves a glaring pile of bread crumbs that shows they have.

In short, their checks look for illegal stats and move-sets. Nothing more nothing less.

Thank you for your answer, I personally checked his pokemon stats and they were all legal and I even seen him use the random wifi matcher which proves further that his team is legal, thank you for your time to explain to me how the legal checker works.

However, if a Pokemon in a team you try to use in Random Match has ANY kind of erratic info, it kicks you back off.

Also, the Pokemon Global Link seems to have a block involving the Pokedex. Whether it's because of just using a code, or because if it's completed it has the unavailable Keldeo/Meloetta/Genosect isn't clear yet, but it seems quite true that you will be blocked with the 13204 error code.

However, if a Pokemon in a team you try to use in Random Match has ANY kind of erratic info, it kicks you back off.

Also, the Pokemon Global Link seems to have a block involving the Pokedex. Whether it's because of just using a code, or because if it's completed it has the unavailable Keldeo/Meloetta/Genosect isn't clear yet, but it seems quite true that you will be blocked with the 13204 error code.

Wrong.

Half of my legal Pokemon have incorrect areas in which they were caught. As long as the Stats, EVs, IVs and movesets are all Legal, nothing else will mater. Additionally, it was proven that having Moeletta, Keldeo and Genesect in your Pokedex was NOT the issue with the 13204 error (Danke to DaDeforest from GBATemp for that bit of info) but rather something else entirely.

It didn't kick him off even though he changed their ivs and nature.

Wrong.

Half of my legal Pokemon have incorrect areas in which they were caught. As long as the Stats, EVs, IVs and movesets are all Legal, nothing else will mater. Additionally, it was proven that having Moeletta, Keldeo and Genesect in your Pokedex was NOT the issue with the 13204 error (Danke to DaDeforest from GBATemp for that bit of info) but rather something else entirely.

Are you german???

well.....

It didn't kick him off even though he changed their ivs and nature.

if the change is not resulting in overflowing the borderlines then everything seems to be legal.....well...nature will fix it self in game (did it on my own and was suprized that it correct the ev/iv for attck/def/sped/sattck/sdef and HP automaticaly----tested /w rare candy/lvl. up)

Something I've been wondering is about the PID.

If you edit the Pokémons IV's, nature ect without using a generated one of those.. does it notice the PID is wrong? I tend to trade Pokémon from a real game to a rom then edit it on the rom save (Just case I like using them like some sort of base).

I also worry about legendaries, if they're any different.. there's like all these different PID generation methods. I think some are used for normal Pokémon and some for events.. I really worry about them being wrong, should I?

I feel kind of bad making my team like this for this one.. but after going through all the breeding, EV's and stuff last year and being knocked out in round 1.. yeah. xD;

Something I've been wondering is about the PID.

If you edit the Pokémons IV's, nature ect without using a generated one of those.. does it notice the PID is wrong? I tend to trade Pokémon from a real game to a rom then edit it on the rom save (Just case I like using them like some sort of base).

I also worry about legendaries, if they're any different.. there's like all these different PID generation methods. I think some are used for normal Pokémon and some for events.. I really worry about them being wrong, should I?

I feel kind of bad making my team like this for this one.. but after going through all the breeding, EV's and stuff last year and being knocked out in round 1.. yeah. xD;

Not really. My friend Kyle edited like... half his team. Wrong PID on pretty much his entire team. He passed with flying colors. X3 Pretty sure they just look at the moves and stuff, so you should be okay. :3