Kazo's B/W Tools

I get an error when I try to edit trainer 813 Colress for BW2.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '2' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.

Parameter name: SelectedIndex

I've seen the expanded version of bwte that allows editing up to trainer 1000 but I don't see one that has the nature hack stuff in it as well.

• 1 month later...

Hey there everyone! A few days ago I realized this hacking system for pkmn bw2 and I got so hyped about it and tried to start right away. What my idea was, is to create several new NPCs such as Satoshi (ash) and some people I know in RL. I already figured out how to create a sprite and so I also made a sprite of the chibi form (so just the sprite of a person on the map) however I got several problems which I just cant seem to solve, even after watching several video tutorials.

So what I did was creating a new sprite for an NPC on the map. This new sprite got the number 975. Then I placed a new NPC in the restaurant from Cilan Cress And Chilli with the NPCE 1.0 program but once I entered the sprite number, it took the wrong sprite. I tried several changes in the number of the sprite, like 975-6(because the 1st 6 sprites have no picture) and several other numbers but none seemed to help. Then I also tried this totally different program called HxD, but after watching a tutorial and trying to do it myself, the whole game had a bug so I didn't try that program anymore.

Does someone know how to add a NEW sprite to a certain NPC, also I couldn't figure out yet how to make a trainer out of that 1 NPC, do I have to use BWTE for that?

Here are some links which might solve the problem:

own made sprite: http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb146/silver_rasengan/newNPC.png

info of NPC: http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb146/silver_rasengan/info.png

Result: http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb146/silver_rasengan/wrongNPC.png

If someone could help me out, I would really appreciate it!

Edited by sjonnoh

• 2 months later...

Hi! I'm trying to cange the sprites of the male character in pokemon white 2, and it works with the overworld sprites, however, I have a problem with the backsprites. This is what I do:

- Extract the file a/0/7/2 with nitroexplorer.

- Decompress it using Tinke

- Replace the male character's backsprite (yes, my sprite have only 16 colors) with BWSE. It asked me to change the name of the files.

- Make a narc file using wiki.ds editor.

- Replace the narc inside the rom with nitroexplorer.

When I'm on a battle the game freezes before showing the backsprite, what am I doing wrong?

This is the backsprite I'm using:

nhWktXY.png

nhWktXY.png.5dcf2f38b853da69e79e08177e11

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello

It is possible to add new trainer and battle?

To do that I think is a lot of things to do :/ To add new trainer , battle I need to add sth in Overworld narc, Script narc, Trdata narc, Trpoke narc right?

I know there is sth like ID of a trainer also name of a trainer :/ Somebody knows how to add new trainer?

• 1 month later...

I have a problem: when I import an image into the BWME, it appears on the preview thingie perfectly. If I then click on another file in the folder and then click back to the first file (e.g. I edit 00, I click on 01 and then click back to 00), it appears as a black and white mess rather than what the image should really be. Does anyone know how to fix this?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Kazo. First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the hard work that surely went into these tools! I have an issue with the trainer editor, however. When I open a trainer that I have not edited, the program works fine and the changes take effect in-game. But when I try to go back to a trainer whose roster I already edited, the program crashes. I'm running BWTE through Wine as I have a Mac, so I don't know whether that's the issue or if the altered .narc files are to blame. Do you (or anyone else, for that matter) have any ideas of what might be to blame?

EDIT: I managed to hook my stuff up to a PC, and yeah, it was Wine. I changed the abilities of some Pokemon in the PRC (Adaptability Weavile), but when I gave them those abilities in the TE it caused the error message that Wine couldn't load. Maybe this will help other Mac users in the future.

Edited by ConstantineV

• 4 months later...
Hi! I'm trying to cange the sprites of the male character in pokemon white 2, and it works with the overworld sprites, however, I have a problem with the backsprites. This is what I do:

- Extract the file a/0/7/2 with nitroexplorer.

- Decompress it using Tinke

- Replace the male character's backsprite (yes, my sprite have only 16 colors) with BWSE. It asked me to change the name of the files.

- Make a narc file using wiki.ds editor.

- Replace the narc inside the rom with nitroexplorer.

When I'm on a battle the game freezes before showing the backsprite, what am I doing wrong?

This is the backsprite I'm using: [ATTACH=CONFIG]11394[/ATTACH]

You Need to pack the files back and it should be working

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Yeah, i clicked the download link and a BIG red window poped up saying that my antivirus quarantined a Trojan. it's a damn shame really. :/

download button is on green button not red one, you should install ad blocker. you still can't see what different ads download trap button with true download button? lol.

download button is on green button not red one, you should install ad blocker. you still can't see what different ads download trap button with true download button? lol.

Red button? What? i clicked the link on the first post that said Attached files, BW Tools *so many gb* and the Mediafire link, Both of em lead me to a download page it downloaded the tools THEN it immediately got quarantined by my antivirus (Big red window) so i then got rid of it. and yeah i have adblock.

• 9 months later...

I'm using BWSE to edit trainer sprites in Pokemon Black. I opened the rom in Nitro Explorer, went to a 0 7 2, extracted the file, opened it in Tinke, extracted all of the trainer sprites, and when I tried to open the folder in BWSE, it says DSDecmp failed to decompress the file. Do you know how to fix this?

• 2 months later...