Kazo's B/W Tools

I'm having a minor problem with the mugshot editor. I only replaced one sprite, and it works, but for some reason the other mugshots turn glitchy, even though I never even edited them. If I decompress the NARC I made, they're fine when I look at them in the editor. The problem only appears ingame. I've tried using a new NARC file, and it gave me the same result. Same thing happens when I use a different sprite.

5u4axl.png8x3t00.png

Actually I used Desmume to take those screenshots. It looks like that when I played it on a flashcard, too. :\

And I just checked the filesize. It's actually slightly smaller than the original. Not sure if that makes a difference. I know games can get really fussy about things like that.

Also, Lenora's mugshot uses 18 colors. I'm guessing that might have something to do with it? Burgh, Cheren and Cilan all work fine, and they use 16 colors. I'm not sure why her mugshot uses 18 colors, though. Bianca's sprite uses 18 colors, too, and it has the same problem.

that problem is not on pallete but is file size....

1. check ncgr again, after you insert on narc, try open in consoletool for checking ...

2. if still get that problem, check again is was compressed by 0x10 and NOT! 0x11 ...

3. check pallete size, all nclr file is 552 byte, if is over than this, is simply get glitched ...

4. check ncgr size, all ncgr file is 8.06 KB (8,256 bytes/size on disk 12,288 bytes) if is bigger it will glitched (need repack narc - DON'T use crystal tile for replace sprite- use alphanarc for reinsert), bigger is no problem but i think is same problem on moveset/ pokemon trainer data it will broken ....

if is still glitched, you must repack it (not reinsert on narc)

• 4 weeks later...

I do have a small but confusing problem with BWOE. I am trying to replace an image that has 7 sprites on it with one that has 12 sprites. It does replace, but it cuts off 5 sprites.

Now when I try it on the emulator, if I make a character face left, it doesn't, it stays looking down with a different position (walking-down position). The only sprite that works normally is the one that looks "up". When I put the original sprite back (the one with 7 sprites displayed), it does turn left (or any other direction), even if it doesn't have the remaining 5 sprites displayed on BWOE. Why does it not change direction when I import the image that once had 12 sprites but now has 7 sprites?

However, when I change an image that has 12 sprites with another image that has 12 sprites, it does change perfectly. But I do want to change the image of the one with 7.

On a side note, do you or anyone else know how to change trainer names in BWTE?

• 1 month later...

@Blaquaza:

rar / 7z / zip / tar / gz / zipx (is for power zip 2011 format) all are archive format by deafult supported by seven zip, winrar, ultimatezip, wezip, and another tools...

you just click right on you mouse > open with > select winrar/winzip/ ect, you can see on http://www.softpedia.com/get/Compression-tools/ , oh yeah peazip is powerfull too)

also this tools request net framework .. 4 (if you using win XP, you must install net.framework 4 ... - i don't know is support win XP...), and a-map is using delphi so is different IDE...

• 3 months later...

Umm... I was able to get the Trainer Editor working, thanks to your tutorial on Youtube, but I was wondering were the NARC files for the other three editors are located in the rom. ;^_^

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm just an idiot. Finally figured out what those _/_/_/_ addresses mean.

Edited by Kindrindra

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...