Kazo's B/W Tools

select a trainer to edit and boom crash

Extract Narcs - Select the folder were they are and chose a trainer to edit = boom crash

Screen: http://puu.sh/3xWnl.png

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
  at BWTE.Form1.comboBox_TrainerID_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.32559 built by: FX45BLUEMPREL
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BWTE
   Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
   CodeBase: file:///G:/Documents/pokemon%20rom/edit/BW%20Tools/BWTE/BWTE.exe
System.Windows.Forms
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
   <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Did you also extract the files in the narcs? It sounds like you just extracted the narcs from the ROM.

The only other reason I can think of is that you selected the wrong version and picked an out of bounds index.

• 4 weeks later...

Any specific problems?

But in a nutshell, open up narc with BWOE and extract the images you need.

If the images are of different formats (e.g. different sizes) then you need to copy sprites from Bianca's pngs to Rosa's png files.

Make sure that the images match up (face direction, walking, etc), and that you use only a maximum of 16 colors (1 background + 15 for actual image).

Reinsert narc.

Any specific problems?

But in a nutshell, open up narc with BWOE and extract the images you need.

If the images are of different formats (e.g. different sizes) then you need to copy sprites from Bianca's pngs to Rosa's png files.

Make sure that the images match up (face direction, walking, etc), and that you use only a maximum of 16 colors (1 background + 15 for actual image).

Reinsert narc.

Do I need to aquire sprites for Bianca running/on a bike/etc from anywhere btw? Also in BW2, Bianca is 227 and Rosa is 225 correct? Or am I wrong on either or both? Cause I see Rosa and she has multiple sprite png files, like her running and etc.

If you would like to do a full sprite replacement, then it would be best to have all the sprites you need (running, walking, surfing, etc., etc.)

As for locations, I'm not so sure... (don't have the files right now...)

Rosa Image: http://i.imgur.com/Ndk1iFS.png (I believe this was 218)

Bianca Image: http://i.imgur.com/n5MDYBs.png (227 If I recall)

When it comes to placing the Bianca sprites over the Rosa ones do they have to line up exactly? And I haven't been able to find any surfing sprites for Bianca yet so if anyone has them might I ask they pass them my way via PM? Also sorry really am like brand new to this, its a wonder I got the back sprite to work.

Replace each sprite with one that is the same purpose; do not insert leftfacing sprites over rightfaced ones ~ keep the order that they are in.

The surfing sprites are two sprites combined: the hero surf sprites and the "surfboard" sprites. Just look for hero sprites that are in a mounted position.

Well I noticed the whole seperate surfboard etc, problem is finding Bianca sprites to fit the hero's surf/biking sprites since I don't know if they've been created yet or at all, and I can't make them lol. Btw if I don't change over the sprite for Surfing/Biking will it cause any problems in the game?

Also in regards to replacing each sprite with its correct sprite, do they have to be perfectly overlapping the one of the original hero sprite?

If they don't resemble the previous ones (orientation, placement, and size), then they will look goofy ingame.

If you're doing sprite replacements for the protagonist then you should have all of them ready to go... or else the "hack" is pretty pathetic. If not, make sprites yourself! Incomplete edits to sprites don't impact the game itself; it only looks bad :P

I see what you meant by goofy lmao. I got the walking sprites down, pretty sure of that. Problem I'm currently having is with the running sprites, and not sure whats messing it up. When I run I get this sprite (Here: http://i.imgur.com/bMvBHaP.png) and it stays like that for a good second or so instead of putting the other foot forward then the other, its like I have two of the same sprite for pretty much every sprite running in either right or left. Not sure how to fix it unless Bianca is supposed to be like that lol.

Bianca Sprites (http://i.imgur.com/NnJSmQg.png)

Rosa Sprites (http://i.imgur.com/7haYpiw.png)

If you happen to know what might be causing it it'd be a big help.

starting from the bottom, frames 3 and 6 and the same as frame 1 and 5. if you are just trying to copy the walking animation in to the running animation then copy the side standing frames in to 3 and 6.

Thanks it works! And yeah I did the copy of the walking frame cause I noticed when you are followed by Bianca later in BW2 when you run her sprites still walking, she just walks faster to keep up. Until I can find an actual sprite sheet that'll work for; Picking Up Items, Surfing, Biking, Pokemon Center (Healing Pokemon) and Running, I figured copying the walking animation would work fine for now.

Hello! I'm new in Project Pokémon.

I've got a problem with de BWME:

when I try to edit Bianca's mugshot, and I import it to BWME it corrupts.

This is how it looks when I finish editing it:

thump_857523803-mugshot-2.png

And this is how it looks when I import it in BWME:

thump_8575234wth.png

Can somebody help me?

PS: I'm Spanish, so if I wrote something wrong, sorry.

• 2 months later...

Hi umm I'm having a problem with BWME... Everything works fine until I try to overwrite one of the mugshots. When I do and then close the program and reopen it to see if it stuck, the file I edited is deleted. For example, what I'm doing is editing the male hero's mugshot to be Red from FR/LG's mugshot and when I close the application and reopen it, it's gone and the first file/mugshot is the female hero's mugshot. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)