Kazo's B/W Tools

• 3 weeks later...

Kaphotics, I have been searching for a follow me hack for so long, it would be really awesome if you could tell me how. I tried it in bw2 using the npce tool and ect. but it freezes whenever i enter the grass. I dont know if it happens to you but if it doesnt please reply.

• 3 weeks later...

I may have many further questions and this may seem like a dumb one, however

I have been messing around with the NPCE program briefly to understand how it worked better and managed to move a npc's rest location within the building.

Yet when I went to add an overworld sprite to the area in a location that was uninhabited the game froze each time i entered the room.

I was wondering what was the reason for this and how can i from now on successfully add these.

Thanks in advance

Maleficusu

P.S. And also if anyone knows how to script an overworld with a unique script without relying on Hex Editor, that would be divine :)

I have been messing around with the NPCE program briefly to understand how it worked better and managed to move a npc's rest location within the building.

Yet when I went to add an overworld sprite to the area in a location that was uninhabited the game froze each time i entered the room.

I was wondering what was the reason for this and how can i from now on successfully add these.

Thanks in advance

Maleficusu

P.S. And also if anyone knows how to script an overworld with a unique script without relying on Hex Editor, that would be divine :)

Thanks in advance

Maleficusu

you can't add scripts for Gen V stuff without hex editing. It's really not hard.

Your overworld problem could be solved if you just did it in hex like I have in my tutorial videos. Might as well mention what overworld file you tried changing, because it's possibly a problem with the program and someone would have to reproduce it.

you can't add scripts for Gen V stuff without hex editing. It's really not hard.

Your overworld problem could be solved if you just did it in hex like I have in my tutorial videos. Might as well mention what overworld file you tried changing, because it's possibly a problem with the program and someone would have to reproduce it.

Okay from what I remember I believe it was overworld 169 (so the first town in what i believe is the first house north of your own)

Basically i opened the NPCE and managed to move the first npc (the female in the chair) to the position x: 1 y: 1 which is in the left upper hand corner of that room.

After which I decided to ADD my own sprite and rebooted the game to see if it worked. When i reentered the house the game froze.

As for the Hex editing, I was watching the videos and I got to the part where I was analyzing the hex, but I honestly am quite confused as to how one knows where the hex "script" begins and ends for the "scripts" within the room. I wouldn't mind learning a bit more, however tutorials are limited to certain areas when it comes to gen 5 hacking

As for the Hex editing, I was watching the videos and I got to the part where I was analyzing the hex, but I honestly am quite confused as to how one knows where the hex "script" begins and ends for the "scripts" within the room. I wouldn't mind learning a bit more, however tutorials are limited to certain areas when it comes to gen 5 hacking

tutorial is give is just basic editing, for other areas, you must understand the basic of editing hex, scripting....

Well I understand scripting. I was working on and programming a MUD for a short while, however Hex Editing is where I run into my weak point, for it's a different concept. If I got a simple run down of how Hex was setup then I would understand things a bit better. As everything I have learned up until this point has basically been self taught due to trial and error, but hexing is a bit more troublesome. Sure I could play around and cut scripts and reboot the room until i figure out what is what, but that would take way too long and I'd rather be pointed in the right direction before going down that path.