Is this how it works?

Zerole

Hi guys, I'm still trying to use Pokegen but I'm running into some issues that I believe may be basic. I've searched through these forums and haven't found a specific enough answer so I'd appreciate it if you could help. I've tried trial and error to figure them out but since my game keeps crashing because of the code I can't tell what's wrong.

A) Say I have 3 Pokemon in my party, if I edit the stats of all three should I have all of them selected when I generate a code or should I select each individually and generate a code (I don't know if the code actually varies between the two situations). My emulator keeps crashing so I think the issue might be that I'm inputting too much code.

B) I'm having issues getting the Pokemon I create to show up in my Pokedex. I hatch them as eggs and follow the usual steps to creation that I've seen and I generally leave the PID blank since I can't find one for the personality/IV settings that I want. It's weird because sometimes they work and sometimes they don't, even though I keep everything the same but the species.

C) Say I have 3 Pokemon and I want to add 2 more to the empty slots in my party. Similar to (A), can I do this both at once and use 5 as X for the code that's needed for adding Pokemon to non-existent slots or would I need to add one at a time with X as 4 and 5 respectively?

Hi guys, I'm still trying to use Pokegen but I'm running into some issues that I believe may be basic. I've searched through these forums and haven't found a specific enough answer so I'd appreciate it if you could help. I've tried trial and error to figure them out but since my game keeps crashing because of the code I can't tell what's wrong.

A) Say I have 3 Pokemon in my party, if I edit the stats of all three should I have all of them selected when I generate a code or should I select each individually and generate a code (I don't know if the code actually varies between the two situations). My emulator keeps crashing so I think the issue might be that I'm inputting too much code.

B) I'm having issues getting the Pokemon I create to show up in my Pokedex. I hatch them as eggs and follow the usual steps to creation that I've seen and I generally leave the PID blank since I can't find one for the personality/IV settings that I want. It's weird because sometimes they work and sometimes they don't, even though I keep everything the same but the species.

C) Say I have 3 Pokemon and I want to add 2 more to the empty slots in my party. Similar to (A), can I do this both at once and use 5 as X for the code that's needed for adding Pokemon to non-existent slots or would I need to add one at a time with X as 4 and 5 respectively?

A) If you select the 3 Pokemon then the code will be pretty big. Not too sure if your emulator can handle it. Picking individually will be a better alternative.

B) If your making Eggs then make sure the nickname is correct.

Example:

Pokemon: Squirtle

Nickname: Egg\FFFFrtle\FFFF\0000\FFFF

Nickname check box is checked

Egg as well

When they hatch, they should be registered in the Pokedex right away.

Also, if you want the egg to hatch very fast then set the Happiness to 1

C) I do not understand you.

Ah thanks, I had a feeling the code would be for all the Pokemon selected. I guess Question C was kinda answered with A, what I was referring to was this:

This is integrated into the beta.) Generating codes for Pokemon in your party when you don't have a Pokemon in that party slot already requires an extra code. You also can't skip slots in your party, they need to be consecutive. For example, you can't have Pokemon in slots: 1, 2, then 4. It must be 1, 2, 3.

Use this code to change the number of Pokemon in your party (X is the number of Pokemon.)

94000130 FFFB0000

B2111880 00000000

000000A4 0000000X

D2000000 00000000

From your answer to A though, is it safe to say that adding multiple Pokemon at once would generate too big a code and cause me to crash? I'd have to do them individually and change the X each time.

Thanks again for the help.

Edit: Sorry, follow up question to A. Okay so say I edited a Pokemon, generated the code, activated it and everything's great. If I wanted to edit another Pokemon, would I need to save and load the new file with the first edited Pokemon or could I continue off from the file before?

Ah thanks, I had a feeling the code would be for all the Pokemon selected. I guess Question C was kinda answered with A, what I was referring to was this:

This is integrated into the beta.) Generating codes for Pokemon in your party when you don't have a Pokemon in that party slot already requires an extra code. You also can't skip slots in your party, they need to be consecutive. For example, you can't have Pokemon in slots: 1, 2, then 4. It must be 1, 2, 3.

Use this code to change the number of Pokemon in your party (X is the number of Pokemon.)

94000130 FFFB0000

B2111880 00000000

000000A4 0000000X

D2000000 00000000

From your answer to A though, is it safe to say that adding multiple Pokemon at once would generate too big a code and cause me to crash? I'd have to do them individually and change the X each time.

Thanks again for the help.

Edit: Sorry, follow up question to A. Okay so say I edited a Pokemon, generated the code, activated it and everything's great. If I wanted to edit another Pokemon, would I need to save and load the new file with the first edited Pokemon or could I continue off from the file before?

You can continue from the file before but you will then need to edit the 1st Pokemon's stats too. But... if you have the AR code for the 1st Pokemon then you can use the old save file and edit another Pokemon. When you use the AR code, you will have both Pokemon edited because you have it from the 1st and the 2nd Pokemon. Hopefully I answered your question. I'm kind of tired...