Infinite Starters (Hoenn, Kanto, Johto) in Soul Silver, US version?

Aven Phoenix

Hey, I've looked around for certain codes all over the internet and this site as well, using the search engin here best I could, and I still need help.

I want an action replay code for reobtaining the hoenn starters from Steven in Sliph Co. in Soul Silver, US version.

I found codes all over online but they're all for the EU version. The ones that say they're the US version are identical to the EU version and never work.

I have codes from reobtaining the Johto and Kanto starters as well, but I haven't tested them and assume they probably won't work either. I believe I got them from the same locations as I got the hoenn starter codes. So I'd like those codes for the US version too.

Please help if you can. I know the person who made the infinite hoenn starters code for the EU version made it so the game though the event never too place.

PS: I did the event where you trade a fortress for "iron" with Steven. I think that event comes after you get a hoenn starter from him. I don't know if that will impact whether or not the code will work, or not.

Attempted again, still does not work. Here is the code I am using. I've checked it over so many times, I make "tripple checking" seem like a joke. I've even re-entered it from scratch a few times:

----------------

Infinite 3rd gen starters from Steven Stone at Sylphe Co. (Start+Select) :

94000130 FFF30000

B2111880 00000000

20001054 00000003

DA000000 00001102

D3000000 00000000

D7000000 02000010

A2000010 FF7F0000

D4000000 0000FF80

B211187E 00000000

D7000000 00001102

D2000000 00000000

Just press Start+Select before entering the building, Steven will be back and give you one more starter.

----------------------------------

(I don't see how to "hide" code text, maybe it does it automatically.)

The only question is if I'm entering it correctly and at the right location, et cetera.

I'm in Saffron city, outside of the huge office building, only one pokemon on my belt. I boot up the game with the codes, click start+select at the same time, then walk into the building. The building is, of course, empty except for the woman at the counter and the police officer at the elevator. I tried walking around to activate the event or clicking a to see if he's invisible and I need to talk to him, nothing worked.

Also attempted HOLDING start+select while entering, and also tried other activations such as L+R. Nothing works.

If you want, I'll through up a YouTube video, beginning with me entering the soulsilver-loaded action replay into my DS, booting it up, showing you the accuracy of the code, and the failure to get the Steven 3rd gen starter event via ANY activation.

try this:

94000130 fff30000

b2111880 00000000

20001054 00000003

da000000 00001102

d3000000 00000000

d7000000 02000010

a2000010 ff7f0000

d4000000 0000ff80

b211187e 00000000

d7000000 00001102

d2000000 00000000

press start and select together while enter the house....(nearly the same way as obtaining WC Goodies from the delivery guy with the L+R combo)

dsa, the code you posted is exactly the same. x)

I'm gonna upload a YouTube video to show you that it does work.

EDIT : Aw, the video won't upload, it's always stuck at 11%, I tried 4 times with 4 different browsers... oO

I'll try to find a solution.

EDIT² : Wow, finally it worked.

Here's the video :

The game-ID of the ROM is IPGE-EBB387E7, as given by DeSmuME (spoiler below).

13020854238615Pokemon_SS_U_DESmuME.png

Edited by M@T
Added the video

dsa, the code you posted is exactly the same. x)

I'm gonna upload a YouTube video to show you that it does work.

EDIT : Aw, the video won't upload, it's always stuck at 11%, I tried 4 times with 4 different browsers... oO

I'll try to find a solution.

EDIT² : Wow, finally it worked.

Here's the video :

The game-ID of the ROM is IPGE-EBB387E7, as given by DeSmuME (spoiler below).

13020854238615Pokemon_SS_U_DESmuME.png

yes...because it´s your great work! :D

well...think he uses a retail not a rom to play.....but as i said....it also must work...because worked perfect for me...thx to you M@t!

Okay, my GAME ID is not the same as your GAME ID.

But I've done tons of different action replay hacks and they have all worked.

I've done nature modifiers, shiny modifiers, max items, all TM/HM, max money, et cetera. All work immediatly. Never even had to re-enter the code, always get them right the first try: even the long ones.

Until now.

My GAME ID is as follows:

IPGE2D5118CA

It was automatically detected by my action replay, but I double checked it on some forum somewhere just in case, and it was what was posted there. But it's not what YOU just posted here. I'm afraid to change it for these reasons (works with other codes, was automatically detected, and independently verified), but I guess I can always change it back. I'll try the code you put in and see if it works. If it doesn't, I'll show you a Youtube video showing the code I've entered and everything working except for the Steven Stone starter thing.

Edited by Aven Phoenix
spelling fix

The Game-ID is not a problem, I think my ROM is patched or something.

It is basically a checksum of the ROM which helps the AR recognize which game is inserted, but it does not affect the codes at all.

Moreover, it works fine for other people, so the code is not the problem.

For example, does the code to re-obtain Kanto starters from Prof. Oak work ?

It works differently, because a whole byte is used to store the informations about the event, instead of only one bit like for starters from other gens, so the code is much shorter.

::Infinite 1st Gen Starters (Start+Select)
:::The starters are invisible but they are here, just press A in front of the table.
94000130 FFF30000
B2111880 00000000
20001056 00000002
D2000000 00000000

Okay, my GAME ID is not the same as your GAME ID.

But I've done tons of different action replay hacks and they have all worked.

I've done nature modifiers, shiny modifiers, max items, all TM/HM, max money, et cetera. All work immediatly. Never even had to re-enter the code, always get them right the first try: even the long ones.

Until now.

My GAME ID is as follows:

IPGE2D5118CA

It was automatically detected by my action replay, but I double checked it on some forum somewhere just in case, and it was what was posted there. But it's not what YOU just posted here. I'm afraid to change it for these reasons (works with other codes, was automatically detected, and independently verified), but I guess I can always change it back. I'll try the code you put in and see if it works. If it doesn't, I'll show you a Youtube video showing the code I've entered and everything working except for the Steven Stone starter thing.

maybe you should try using the game id M@t posted....maybe it will work then?

I guess the title to this forum is inaccurate. I assumed that because I couldn't get Hoenn starters, other ones wouldn't work.

The other infinite starter codes work perfectly.

Just had someone else read out the codes for the Hoenn starters to me to make it easier and more accurate to re-enter it. That code still doesn't work at all.

It probably doesn't matter since all my other codes work perfectly, but I'm using the Action Replay DSi. The newer black version. I think the older version had a red label or something.

Also, for the record, it shouldn't matter, but I'm using a DS Lite. The DSi action replay is supposed to work for the DS Lite and DS original, and it DOES for every other code. Just not this one.

There is something in the code that is preventing it from working in a CERTAIN circumstance. Otherwise it would work for all of us or none of us. There's something different in my file from most other files that is preventing the code activation. I can't read or understand your code, so I can't logically figure out what it is.

Is there ANOTHER block or event "switch" that tells the game that the event already too place? Is there another event or situation in the game that can tell Steven Stone to not show up? There must be, or else it would work. We're missing something.

Maybe some other old code I used had a side effect that told the game I didn't BEAT the game yet, or something, so it won't allow Steven to show up.

What do you think? Why would one code not work for me, but all others work? Why would that same code work for everyone else, but not me? What could cause it?

Just had someone else read out the codes for the Hoenn starters to me to make it easier and more accurate to re-enter it. That code still doesn't work at all.

Wait, so you enter it manually directly into the AR ?

Did you try copy-pasting with AR Code Manager ?

There is something in the code that is preventing it from working in a CERTAIN circumstance. Otherwise it would work for all of us or none of us. There's something different in my file from most other files that is preventing the code activation. I can't read or understand your code, so I can't logically figure out what it is.

Not "in the code", but what you wrote after that is more interesting :

Is there ANOTHER block or event "switch" that tells the game that the event already too place? Is there another event or situation in the game that can tell Steven Stone to not show up? There must be, or else it would work. We're missing something.

Maybe some other old code I used had a side effect that told the game I didn't BEAT the game yet, or something, so it won't allow Steven to show up.

You need the National Pokédex, I assume you have it already.

And you have to defeat Red too.

Did you try battling Red again ?

A "bad" code could have erased some "switches" (that's called flags), and made the game think you didn't defeat him.

Wait, so you enter it manually directly into the AR ?

Did you try copy-pasting with AR Code Manager ?

Not "in the code", but what you wrote after that is more interesting :

You need the National Pokédex, I assume you have it already.

And you have to defeat Red too.

Did you try battling Red again ?

A "bad" code could have erased some "switches" (that's called flags), and made the game think you didn't defeat him.

After reading his post......and maybe before that i got the feeling that he did not hit all the flags necesary to meet steve for the first time....: You must get the copycat girl´s item back then meet steve in vermillion city and then have the national dex and then he must show up in saffron city for the first time and ask you for a stone to obtain....then after you get the first "legal" starter you should use the cheat code and then enter the buillding and it should work.....!

I'll try beating Red again when I have enough time, Fridays and Saturdays I'm at work all day, lol.

The first time I got the Hoenn starter I got it legit, so I know I originally got all the events completed to allow Steven to appear. I got all the badges, got the national pokedex, beat the elite 4 the second time around (after 16 badges), defeated Red, and did all the Copy Cat girl stuff. Just in case you're wondering about any of that. Hum, maybe I'll check to see if any of the copy cat girls events repeat or anything weird...

I kinda doubt that any codes I've used screwed up the events allowing for Steven to appear, since I haven't entered any code since I got my first Hoenn starter from him. If a "bad" code I entered is what's screwing Steven up in this new code, then wouldn't it have screwed up my legitamite obtained hoenn starter? I DID actually enter the duplication code after I got my first Hoenn starter, but that was long after I was already having issues with this infinite steven stone starter code.

Very weird. I always have the worst of luck. Nothing can ever just WORK. No matter what I'm hacking, I always have some magical problem no one else has... So annoying.

Anyways: Yes, I manually enter all my codes directly into the action replay on my DS. It's sometimes long and grueling, lol. I have no idea how to copy paste them into the code manager, I cannot find the option to do that anywhere. It all looks very simple and limited.

But don't worry, like I said I checked the code over dozens of times without exaggeration. And I've never made an error before. Even my friend Jenner (who can look at codes like these and even tell me what certain lines mean) looked it over.

EDIT ADDITION:

Alright, figured out how to do it. Wasn't that hard. I didn't want to do it because somehow I remembered a long time ago whenever you added codes this way it wiped everything else on your action replay or something.

For some reason the back of my mind keeps telling me it's because I didn't that Steven event AFTER you get the hoenn starter from him. It's in the same building. You trade a Fortress to him for "Iron." This event only occurs after you get the Hoenn starter. I have the feeling that it marks the over event as having occured. Or "flags," it, or whatever. What little I know about codes comes from when I made games in RPG Maker 2003, lol. Event switches. If I made the Steven Stone Event, I'd made it end with an event switch that makes it so he doesn't reappear to give you another starter, right? What if I put that same event switch (or a SIMILAR event switch in effect) after you complete the Fortress-for-Iron trade? Then if someone wanted to hack the game I made, the action replay code would have to reset/overrule both event switches.

But maybe my lack of code understanding is showing here. I should go back to making new exciting variations of "PONG" in visual basic....

well....riolu has an reset all event-flags code....that let you play the game from the beginning......maybe that would help.....but why did you not use the code directly after gettin´some mudkip or whatever you took?