Abusing DPPt PRNG

So a Pokemon with an initial seed under 1000 calls could be classified as a reasonable soft-resetted?

Just an example :

Mine legends birds/shiny Giratina/ Dialga&Palkia/ come all out on dppt capture/time finder just i make the first 1000 calls, with the exact date and a 600/630 delay on 2009 (usually are under 610/15).

I have a nice jolly starly too for example coming out on the first 1000 calls with the exact date.

Don't let me worried xD

Edited by Gold88

By flipping through the journal with enough persistence, people have hit offsets of over 20,000 so it is not a reliable way to check. Hitting offsets that high is not practical, but it is possible, which is the only requirement of legality.

And in my case ? For an offset within the 1000 calls a pokemon is classified as a random catch, a soft reset or whatever ? Is possible to distinguish a soft-resetted pokemon from an abused through RNG or from a random captured ?

And in my case ? For an offset within the 1000 calls a pokemon is classified as a random catch, a soft reset or whatever ? Is possible to distinguish a soft-resetted pokemon from an abused through RNG or from a random captured ?

No, it is not. The RNG numbers allow us to determine the approximate probability of obtaining a high offset, and allow us to shift those odds in our favor, but a Pokemon with that offset can still be obtained via a completely random catch.

• 2 months later...

I have looked into determining legitness based on date of acquisition and the PID/IV combination. The problem is that kids sometimes leave their game on, plugged in, for lets say... days at a time... with NPCs moving, and shit going on in the screen.

While not practical, it is possible for someone to have the game on for a really long time, before and after catching it. So how do you determine when they turned their game on? If you can determine when they turned it on (to the minute), then you can verify legitness for ANY pokemon caught during that gameplay period.

Unfortunately there are too many variables to determine this, and the RNG, ARNG, and IRNG can be advanced independent of time or other factors.

• 2 weeks later...

this is all very interesting but isnt it just another thing slowly making pokemon pointless, whats the point in playing if we all have all the pokes with all 31s all shiny all perfectly ev trained and all exactly the same with what has been determined as there greatest move set.

if thats how it goes then we might as well only use 1 identical poke each, with the same move set and just see who wins by chance.

using this info to learn more about the inner workings of games ect is great, but once every one knows about it we will start seeing far too many perfect shiny pokes and we might as well go back to playing trumps or whatever.

sorry to pee on the bonfire but as i said at the start, this is still an interesting topic.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Ow, too much reading.

I guess if you wanted legit shiny Pokemon that this is the way to go, but I find it much easyer and less brain cell overloading just to use POKESAV and edit the Hidden HEX to make the game's engine to register it as Legit.

• 3 years later...