What were Entei, Suicune and Raikou before they were revived?

Destati

lol, true. I'm just presenting the facts that are already known, such as that Ratatta inhabit the tower, and that the picture of the reincarnation showed three small Pokemon. So I believe they were Ratatta, but everyone can feel free to think what ever they want. I do want to be proven wrong, because I want this to be solved. I don't see how it could be anything else, but if anyone else has an idea, please share.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been discussed this with my brother and we get to this point:

the were.........................

eevees!!!

1small pokemon

2who is the pokemon who has the ability to "evolve" with a type

3jolteon flareon and vaporeon are similar to the legendary trio 2nd generation

they are like the mutant-legendary versions of jolteon flareon and vaporeon but they (before they die) were eevees, then the powerfull hooh revived them with his famous scared ash then he?? or she?? give hyperblot stone(hehe) to one eevee, supernova stone to another and tsunami stone to another eevee!!!

What would Eevee's be doing in the tower? It would make more sense for the previous forms to be Pokemon that inhabited the tower.

I agree now that they were most probably Eevees.

Rattata seem so... regular..

But that's not my point.

I just remembered though that Eevees around Ecruteak are not that unusual.

The Kimono girls use one each and even more important:

3 Eevees lost their lives in the Tin tower.

Ho-oh resurrected them and instead of evolving them with elementary stones, he gave them an overdose of the elements taken from the 3 events. They became Raikou, Entei, Suicune.

I can easily imagine 3 other Sages, protectors of the Brass tower having their Eevees in the tower or something.

Or Ho-oh revived them (Eevees). If you ask me the Eevee, were killed by various disasters while injured.

Raikou - Eevee hit by lightning.

Entei - Eevee burned by fire.

Suicune - Eevee drowned by flash flood.

These seem the best possible to me, at least.

• 1 month later...

i think that maybe raikou could have been a luxray or a manetric

and maybe suicune could have been a floatzel

i like the idea of entei being a arcanine

the eeveelution theory is also possible

but how do we know the original pokemon were the same type as the revived forms for all we know they could have been a phycic steel and fighting type

the eeveelution theory is also possible

but how do we know the original pokemon were the same type as the revived forms for all we know they could have been a phycic steel and fighting type

We don't know but it sounds more likely to have been the same elements as thy are after being revived.

if you think about it

when youve been in the tower in the game mostly ratatta lived there but suicune,raikou and entei were created hundreds of years ago,the pokemon that lived in the tower could have been diffrent at the time

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

proboly the only people that know the real answer are the pokemon company

We don't know but it sounds more likely to have been the same elements as thy are after being revived.

As I said before it's the opposite.

Consider the fact that Ho-oh embodied the revived Pokemon with the Elements of the events that happened. It wouldn't make sense if they already were of these typings.

I still think the theory of them to have been Eevees is the most plausible. It has the most information backing it up (while the others don't have any xD).

EDIT:

I made this out of boredom xD

legendaryeevees.png

Edited by Klaatu

And here I thought we had dropped the subject. lol

I still say there is no use trying to prove anything, as there is no evidence for or against any of the theories. The legend says 3 nameless Pokemon died in the fire. It does not say their species, nor their type, and the fact that it says nameless means that NOBODY in the game from the time the events happened to the present knew what Pokemon died. There are three simple facts known about the Pokemon.

1.3 Pokemon died in the Brass Tower fire.

2. Ho-oh revived the Pokemon into the 3 Legendary Beasts known as Raikou, Entei, and Suicune.

3. Ho-oh granted them these forms to embody the events at the tower; the lightning strike, the raging flames, and the torrential downpour.

Anything other than that is fan speculation and will NEVER be proven unless Gamefreak addresses the issue in HGSS. And if most of the old stuff is kept as is, like most the dialogue was in FRLG, we will never know. The best bet is just that 3 wild Pokemonm like Pidgey/Hoothoot/Ratatta got caught in the fire. I doubt wild Eevee were in the tower, as Eevee are domesticated Pokemon only, and if a trainer had an Eevee die, then we'd have had a known species to put in the legend. lol

And here I thought we had dropped the subject. lol

I still say there is no use trying to prove anything, as there is no evidence for or against any of the theories. The legend says 3 nameless Pokemon died in the fire. It does not say their species, nor their type, and the fact that it says nameless means that NOBODY in the game from the time the events happened to the present knew what Pokemon died. There are three simple facts known about the Pokemon.

1.3 Pokemon died in the Brass Tower fire.

2. Ho-oh revived the Pokemon into the 3 Legendary Beasts known as Raikou, Entei, and Suicune.

3. Ho-oh granted them these forms to embody the events at the tower; the lightning strike, the raging flames, and the torrential downpour.

Anything other than that is fan speculation and will NEVER be proven unless Gamefreak addresses the issue in HGSS. And if most of the old stuff is kept as is, like most the dialogue was in FRLG, we will never know. The best bet is just that 3 wild Pokemonm like Pidgey/Hoothoot/Ratatta got caught in the fire. I doubt wild Eevee were in the tower, as Eevee are domesticated Pokemon only, and if a trainer had an Eevee die, then we'd have had a known species to put in the legend. lol

Well that's where at least something is backing up my Eevee theory:

3 Sages, the protectors of the Tin Tower, have Eeveelutions. wouldn't the Brass Tower also have 3 Eevee trainers as protectors before burning down?

The hole in this is that it's said they're unknown and if this was true anyone would know. Maybe we could really encounter 3 Eeveeless Sages which are successors of the original 3 Sages and who would tell us that those were their grand grand fathers Pokemon who died xP

Yes this speculation. But what's wrong with looking for the most logical theories and ones for which we also find some hints?

There is no proof at all that the Bass Tower was basically a copy of the Tin Tower, only with Lugia statues instead. We don't know the inner decor, nor do we know what Pokemon the Sages had back then in either tower. The only time we see it is after it is burnt. The only evidence for your theory is that 150 years after the fire, 3 sages have the 3 elemental Eeveelutions, and so they possibly used them as tradition.

Heck, there is a possibly they have them not because they are the standard Pokemon for Sages and the same species as those who died in the fire, but to honor the 3 Legendary Beasts that Ho-Oh created, since the Beasts are also known to be protectors of Ho-Oh (Crystal).

There is nothing wrong with speculating and trying to theorize what the Pokemon were who died, its just no matter what you do, you are probably never going to get a answer to prove anything. To me it just seems kinda in vain, especially if HGSS don't delve deeper into the legend. I hope they do though, I love mythology, and Pokemon is no different.

maybe entei, suicune and raikou are ancestors of vapoeon,jolteon and flareon

what i mean is what if there was one original type of eevee that evolved, not pokemon evolved , i mean like the t -rex becoming a chicken type of evolution, so maybe entei, suicune and raikou are the original flareon,vapoeron and jolteon

No, they would be the ancestors of Eevee, since Eevee was the original of the Eeveelutions (duh :P) and that doesn't make any sense. Besides, they were resureccted taking the forms of the different elements, so it makes even less sense.

Rattata, maybe? They live in the Burnt/Brass Tower.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Brass_Tower

I agree with you. I don't want to be repetitive, but it's the only logical explanation. Here's a previous post of mine, and I remember someone linking to the plot of the episode and showing the being reincarnated where they resembled Ratatta.

lol, true. I'm just presenting the facts that are already known, such as that Ratatta inhabit the tower, and that the picture of the reincarnation showed three small Pokemon. So I believe they were Ratatta, but everyone can feel free to think what ever they want. I do want to be proven wrong, because I want this to be solved. I don't see how it could be anything else, but if anyone else has an idea, please share.

I agree with you. I don't want to be repetitive, but it's the only logical explanation. Here's a previous post of mine, and I remember someone linking to the plot of the episode and showing the being reincarnated where they resembled Ratatta.

It's not the only logical explanation O: (Besides it also sounding a bit crap, 3 Rattata LOL)

Eevee can evolve into stronger elemental evolutions of it, when exposed to the 3 main elemental stones (Water/Thunder/Fire Stone) (which happen to be the beasts types, ANY other stones don't work).

Ho-oh resurrected the 3 dead Pokemon and embodied them with elements from the 3 events that caused the incident: Heavy rain, Lightning strike and flames.

If they were Eevees, this could have triggered like an overdose exposure to the evolution inducing elements needed.

Btw, Eevees are rather popular in Ecruteak city, being the home of the Kimono girls, and considering the Tin tower has 3 protectors

which own, guess what, one original eeveelution each.

It's not the only logical explanation O: (Besides it also sounding a bit crap, 3 Rattata LOL)

Eevee can evolve into stronger elemental evolutions of it, when exposed to the 3 main elemental stones (Water/Thunder/Fire Stone) (which happen to be the beasts types, ANY other stones don't work).

Ho-oh resurrected the 3 dead Pokemon and embodied them with elements from the 3 events that caused the incident: Heavy rain, Lightning strike and flames.

If they were Eevees, this could have triggered like an overdose exposure to the evolution inducing elements needed.

Btw, Eevees are rather popular in Ecruteak city, being the home of the Kimono girls, and considering the Tin tower has 3 protectors

which own, guess what, one original eeveelution each.

We've already discussed how that theory is almost ALL speculation. The tower burned and the Beast's were resurrected 150 years before the games take place. You have absolutely no idea what Pokemon the Sages used back then, and even if they did use Eevee's that they hadn't evolved yet, had a trainer lost a Pokemon in the fire we would have known what Pokemon died. All evidence points to wild Pokemon that would be found in or around Ecruteak that just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. they were likely fairly weak Pokemon who weren't supposed to die in the fire, and in return they were given great power to prevent a second death. The Sage's using the 3 1st Gen Eeveelutions is likely to honor the Legendary Beasts who rose from the dead and Ho-Oh who returned them to life.

Not to mention that Eevee are fully domesticated Pokemon, there has never been a truly wild Eevee in any of the main Pokemon games. The Trophy Garden in Sinnoh is the closest thing we've had, and even Mr. Backlot is forced to have the butler import them to the garden after lying about seeing one in there. Domestication takes a LONG time ("modern" dogs were domesticated up to 30,000 years ago), so its not like Eevee were wild 150 years ago. So if there was Eevee in Ecruteak back then, they were trainer owned. And I think a trainer would know if his pet died. lol

No offense, but the Eevee theory is one of the ones least likely to have happened. Comparing the resurrection of the dead Pokemon into the Beasts to a "super" evolution of resurrected Eevee is just plain odd. legendary Pokemon aren't related to normal Pokemon, that's what sets them apart as Legends.

3 dead Ratatta (or other common Pokemon) that people didn't realize were trapped in the fire makes way more sense than 3 dead Eevee that people somehow "misplaced and forgot about".

Hm, damn Klaat I forgot about the Kimono girls... you bring up very good points, it's just how Eevee do not inhabit the tower that bothers me, how would they be in their? Did they just randomly decide to come in? I mean, the reaction theory makes sense, but it's just the question on why the Eevee's would be in there at the moment.

Hm, damn Klaat I forgot about the Kimono girls... you bring up very good points, it's just how Eevee do not inhabit the tower that bothers me, how would they be in their? Did they just randomly decide to come in? I mean, the reaction theory makes sense, but it's just the question on why the Eevee's would be in there at the moment.

Well the only thing I come up with is that 3 Sages were once protectors of the Brass Tower and used an Eevee each...

I don't get it tough how the legends having been Rattatas is less speculation and more logical than the Eevee theory, which is what DanteKoriyu is pointing out.

Anything about this is speculation, especially since this thread is about just that. Searching for the last small hints and speculating.

How much the assumed time for domestication of dogs in the real world takes, tells us that there were not 3 Eevees in the Brass tower 150 years ago?

o_o