What were Entei, Suicune and Raikou before they were revived?

Destati

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said before it's the opposite.

Consider the fact that Ho-oh embodied the revived Pokemon with the Elements of the events that happened. It wouldn't make sense if they already were of these typings.

I still think the theory of them to have been Eevees is the most plausible. It has the most information backing it up (while the others don't have any xD).

EDIT:

I made this out of boredom xD

legendaryeevees.png

Makes Perfect Sense! Plus Look At How The Sprites Are Standing That Shows Their Nature Alone They Have The Same Poses In A Way Right? They Seem Pretty Close And I Think Your Right!;):kikkoman:

Since the tower was filled with pokemon, isnt it possible alot of pokemon died there? maybe the legendary gerbils are the spirits of ALL the dead pokemon in the tower. and who knows, before the tower burned, it may not have been infested with rattata. they could have moved there AFTER the fire since it was abandoned. It could have been bellsprout for all we know.

I like this one. It makes sense and says that anything else that died could have survived. Points to you cortal. To keep going on this theory, did it actually say they were even pokemon before? If not they COULD have just been wild animals since those exist.

I belive it said it was pokemon in the legend. With how this discussion has been going, though, it could be moon people for all we know :P

But yeah it did say there were unknown pokemon in the tower that were killed. Maybe a pokemon maniac/cllector lived there and had rare, unheard of pokemon.

think this way... (in this scenario, assume there's a storm)

vaporeon, flareon, and jolteon decided to explore the tower. they separate to search faster. jolteon went to the top and was hit by a powerful lightning bolt. vaporeon went to the basement. rain had built up on the floor above and it suddenly gave out directly on vaporeon. flareon stayed near the base of the tower when they set it on fire. several flaming wooden supports and floorboards slammed on him. i know their abilities make them stronger when hit with their own element, but they can only handle so much power. they were so 'juiced up' that their physical bodies started tearing apart. then Ho-Oh came and reshaped their bodies to handle the impossibly high power and re-bound their souls to them.

isn't this at least within the realm of reasonable doubt? it explains why they are similar. it would fit (to some extent) with the story behind them. it would solve the mystery without completely going out off the way to say it was some impossible and stupid cosmic phenomena. there is definitely some room for improvements upon my theory. if you want to add or change something, please give me some credit. now that ends my first post on this site.

now to sleep.

Entei could have been either a Houndour or a Growlithe (or any of their evolutions)

Raikou could have been either a Shinx or a Electrike (or any of their evolutions)

That leaves Suicune open for me, because I feel that it must also have been a canine-like pokémon. It could also have been an Absol, but that disturbs the theory about keeping their own type.

Maybe this will be revealed in the new movie, since the beasts will appear in the new movie. But that's just spectulation on my part.

hmmmm...let ME make something up like doombringer505 did...

Long before the time of humans when ancient (and even now undiscovered) Pokémon roamed the earth, which had intelligence greatly superior to ours, built two towers and used their ancient powers to enchant it to keep it standing and in the same place. Since there were Magic-types back then, this was actually possible. They forgot to protect them from natural damage, though, and when some of the ancient Pokémon were doing housekeeping (all who had matching types of the legendary cats/dogs/gerbils) a lightning bolt struck one of the towers. It became a fireball of death, and the Pokémon inside were trapped as falling debris blocked the exits and their enchantment prevented them from using attacks or abilities while inside. They were protected from the fire, thanks to their trusty Magic-types, but since they had no escape some rogue Pokémon living there had a...feast, I should say, when the trio was sleeping. Ho-oh came and realized what was going on, and then attacked the feasting Pokémon with Sacred Fire and instantly took them all out. It let out a loud screech to be heard all over the land, signaling the Pokémon a death had just happened. They gathered around the tower and watched Ho-oh resurrect the trio, but seriously weakening itself in the process. It fled to the Bell Tower and began a long slumber, until humans walked the Earth and one worthy of Ho-oh obtained the Rainbow Wing...and once the item fell into the right hands, it would awaken and fly into hiding, watching for the worthy person to reach the Bell Tower...

I think the legend was created and then just leaved as it was, I mean that probably is something they just created to explain why the three dogs appeared in the new games as legendary dogs and not as normal pokèmons. But the theory of the eveelution seems interesting. Nintendo should develop such things.

A legend is first and foremost a LEGEND AKA "An unverified story handed down from earlier times, especially one popularly believed to be historical."

In other words, nothing say that the 3 beasts were resurrected or anything as such. We don't quite know what role Ho-oh has in the world. He he often called the "guardian of the skies". What if Ho-oh had the task of protecting the skies. Task given by some other legendary pokemon... Maybe he did his task but one day, he and Lugia decided that they needed to something to be the guardians of the land. Thus, maybe they created these 3 together. After all, what is between the skies and the seas? The earth. Someone may have witnessed the act and thought that Ho-oh resurrected some pokemons when in truth, these 3 were created from the knowledge and wisdom of Ho-oh (and possibly lugia).

I do think it could also be eevee too. Maybe eevees were not always rare. Maybe they occupied the tower when the even occured. Since eevees are mutants, when ho-oh ressurected them, they still had the power of the storm, water and flame that killed them. This mixture of power transformed them into the legendary beasts we now know instead of simply being flareon+jolteon+vaporeon.

So yeah... unless a pokemon game make us re-witness said events, we will might never know :-/.

• 3 weeks later...

Nintendo is notorious for leaving information out. They may never tell us. And to be honest, I never thought bout what Raikou, Suicune and Entei were before they became their present selves until reading all this. But then again, there's alot of things we don't know about Pokemon which we are eager to know. Like is Lugia related to Latios and Latias after all? Did Mew come before Arceus or vice versa? We just don't know.

Raikou could have been a Raichu the names are alike Suicune could have been an Altaria ( Suicune's mane looks like the clouds of an Altaria ) I agree that Entei was an Arcanine. But Suicune could have also been the female evolution of Snorunt ( male evolution of Snorunt is called Glalie if I'm not mistaken ) Then again Raikou could have been an Amphpharos or however you spell it.

• 2 weeks later...

My theory is this; The beast Trio of today were, before death, the ledgendary bird trio. It was said that Lugia(the bird trio master) once roosted in the Burnt tower. Also, the tower was hit by lightning. this may have weakened the trio(due to their shared weakness of electric type attacks) and rendered them unable to escape, or possibly been the cause of death. Though it would have had to have been an extremely powerful attack. Possibly a lightning type Judgment from Arceus himself? if so, for what reason?

• 1 month later...
I agree up to the lightning striking them part. If lightning was to strike them i believe that lugia would have stopped it, and if he couldn't they only two would have died, only zapdos would have survived that conciderig that he is electric too.

Hmm I agree with this logic

• 2 weeks later...
I agree up to the lightning striking them part. If lightning was to strike them i believe that lugia would have stopped it, and if he couldn't they only two would have died, only zapdos would have survived that conciderig that he is electric too.

Perhaps the collapsing tower pinned his wings during the fire? And if lugia had been there at the time of the accident, it would've most likely been prevented all together..

o_o though that makes it seem more like some one waited until Lugia has out to launch an attack on his trio.

• 1 month later...

my geust would probely be flareon, jolteon, and vaporeon

reason is that these eeveelutions have similar stats, type, and moveset to the legendary beast, jolteon is good in special attack and is somewhat fast like raikou, flareon is good in attack but has a horrible moveset like entei, and vaporeon can be defensive and somewhat slow like suicune