What were Entei, Suicune and Raikou before they were revived?

Destati

Maybe it's something we haven't considered, like Snorlax or Gligar. I mean, assuming there was a massive fire in the Tin Tower, wouldn't the original inhabitants of the tower have all run away/died in the fire? So then the current inhabitants wouldn't really be an indicator towards what might have been in there before the fire.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait that must have answered our question the manga page said 3 pokemon without names so thus they either have not come out yet or they are from the hoenn/shinow (lol misspell) region since those two games were the only games that had not come out yet and the pokemon did not have names yet and this section of the manga was before those 2 came out.

*edit* also they one on the left looks like a numel numel being a volcano somewhat becoming a entei anyone see what i am seeing.

Or a 150 years ago, they just hadn't decided on a species name for 3 said Johto/Kanto Pokemon that died? Professor Rowan is still discovering new Pokemon at age 60, so add another 90 years onto that into the past and there is no telling what species of Pokemon had been scientifically classified yet. Don't forget, the Poke'Dex was only just completed during FR/LG/R/S/E (as of the new continuity).

LOL. Anyways, I still think it's the Eeveelutions. Look how similar their movepools are with the legendary beasts. And how the Kimono Girls are using Eeveelutions in Ecruteak... is it just me or is something amiss?

If anything that way, they were 3 Eevees

Think about it. They couldn't have been elemental typed already.

If they were a Fire, Electric and a Water Pokemon all along, then Ho-oh did nothing more but resurrect them and give them a power boost.

But the legend says Ho-oh embodied them with the elements of the events that happened:

Lightning strike->Electric

Tower burning->Fire

Rain->Water

Ratattas becoming a totally different type of mammal seems too odd for me.

Then the Eevees are a bit more suitung but still...

Btw. What else can we found in the Routes around Ecruteak city? Meowths, which are cat-like Pokemon.

What are the three legends supposed to be anyways? I remember when they first came out:

Dogs

Cats

FRIGGEN GERBILS

Anyways...

They were unnamed, or just left for speculation. Could be Eevee's that were abandoned in the tower.

Think about this:

The three roaming beasts watch for pokemon and humans coming together as one and working together as such without strife. Ho-oh sent them on that mission, and all three are reputedly wild and rarely appear to humans. Raikou in the anime was said to be so wild it could never be caught or else it would die (or something). They could have been abandoned there in the tower, which would give reason for the manga to say they were without a name. Humans can be quite cruel and abandoning something like that is just like saying they are worthless which is also like living without a name.

Hm, but no one really enters the tower. It would make more sense for something that lived in there to die and be reincarnated. If it was an abandoned Pokemon, Ho-oh probably would have transformed the human into a Pokemon to teach it a lesson on hows to beat its heart as one with the Pokemon. I still think it was three Ratatta.

Does it really matter? We really won't know until we have more to go on. For all we know they were three unlucky Rattatas that were in the tower when it burned down.
I agree ^.They will probably never explain the legend it will be left a mystery any ways it doesnt matter what they were only what they are now the legendary dogs,they chould very well have been rattata,very unlucky rattata...

I agree. The legendary gerbils were once Rattata. After all, Rattata is the most common Pokemon in the Burned/Brass Tower. Thus, all of the Pokémon except for three Rattata fled when the tower began to burn, because of a bunch of fallen rocks or something. When they died, Ho-Oh took pity on them. Ho-Oh resurrected the wettest Rattata into Suicune, the most charred Rattata into Entei, and the only Rattata who had been struck by lightning into Raikou.

They were reincarnated by 3 dead Pokemon that were killed in the tower. They used to be something else, and in the episode it showed them while they were being reincarnated as three small Pokemon. That's why I'm guessing they were Ratatta. They were something before, and now they are this. Fight it all you want, its inevitable.

i have been analizing this an i think entei was flareon suicune vaporeon and raikou jolteon.

my brother says that they are the "ground" versions of the bird trio

If they already had abilities of fire water and electric type, Ho-oh couldn't have given those to them.....

They are the ground versions of the birds, like how the regis are the underground versions? DX

i have been analizing this an i think entei was flareon suicune vaporeon and raikou jolteon.

my brother says that they are the "ground" versions of the bird trio

I'm not sure about that, but how could they be those? Was there a Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon walking around in the tower when this happened? And the picture showed them being reincarnated from small Pokemon, about the size of Ratatta, so it was most likely a Ratatta.

First and foremost, GAMES=/=ANIME. Terrible reference point. The manga is better, but still not a good ref.

You might as well just give it up. Everyone has their own opinion on this, and you're never going to come to an agreement (except maybe to disagree) on what they were beforehand. The only way we'll ever know is if you ask one of the creator's who dealt with this part of the plot, or if they answer it in HGSS.

As it stands right now, you really only have three options:

1. They were some random Pokemon that inhabited the tower when it was all nice, standy and not burnt, like a Rattata or a Pidgey, who were unable to escape in time.

2. They were a Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. You may not imagine them in the Burnt Tower, but it did look like the Tin Tower once. Maybe they were wild, or maybe they were owned by a Monk or a Kimono Girl in the past.

3. They were the legends themselves Raikou, Entei, and Suicune who were, for some reason, too stupid to get out, died, and were returned to life. (Yes, even Entei the big bad flamey volcano Pokemon.xD)

They were said to be nameless Pokemon that perished in the flames 150 years before the current GSC-HGSS plot. And when resurrected they were the embodiment of the lightning that struck the tower, the flames that burnt it down, and the downpour of rain that extinguished the flames. That's it. The legend was meant to be vague. What they were beforehand wasn't that important, it was the resulting transformation/rebirth and connection to Ho-Oh that was meant to be the focus.

I mean, I dunno about you, but I'm tired of checking the thread and seeing the same back and forth of "They were Rattata(Or other small helpless Pokemon" and "No, they were the first gen Eevee evolutions." I mean, you are totally free to banter back and forth with the same arguments and getting nowhere. lol I just though maybe you guys could convert the effort from here into another topic. xD