Shiny GTS [Now with Gen V support!] (Now announcing Shiny DTS!)

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I love your program mate! I'm just having some trouble with how to send files from the ds to the program. I've been able to send files successfully from my Laptop to the ds so far. If you've already addressed this issue, could you direct me to the correct page?

Many thanks.

Also, how do i notify people on this site?

Edited by Metalnix

There's a socket exception when the GTS is being initialized. This indicates that you have a program running that is using Port 80. That's all I can tell you from just looking at the screenshot.

As for the DNS to use, it's in the box that's next to the button that says "Get IP".

Hey I love your program mate! I'm just having some trouble with how to send files from the ds to the program. I've been able to send files successfully from my Laptop to the ds so far. If you've already addressed this issue, could you direct me to the correct page?

Many thanks.

Many thanks.

No need to ask the same question twice :P I don't check this thread daily but I do read it eventually and try to respond to everyone. To send files from the DS, you have to put the program in Receive Mode and let it run. You also might need to run it as Administrator, it should work.

I was able to start ...

believe

but I can not send files to the same

-imgsnip-

Ports are forwarded. IP is 71.229.150.150 and that is in the box. I am trying the receive option and I get all the spoofing done, but I get the communication error when trying to send to my pc. Any help?

Perhaps a firewall could be blocking the connection? That's the most logical conclusion I can come to right now as I know the connection routines work.

That or ya'lls ISP is blocking port 80 and/or 53.

Edited by formlesstree4
Reason 2 and Image snip

Port 80

xYluL.png

xUiEN.png

Port 53

MGHMC.png

845OJ.png

ShinyGTS Startup

tVgDc.png

There is my ports. ShinyGTS Startup.

Ports are open for sure. Port Checker says they are. Though it is unable to Ping my Router. No programs are open to block the ports while ShinyGTS is open. When I choose the option to Deposit a Pokemon it says Checking GTS's status... and then goes to the blue screen of Communication error. Please power off.

Does that help?

Edited by ZeroManArmy

@formlesstree4 hey thanks for your reply, I'm pretty raw in this forum to say the least. I have been able to establish a connection, and the DNS and GTS sections chatter like they do when I send Pokemon, but I'm unsure of the method of receiving. After it connects to Shiny GTS correctly, the normal trading system comes up where I offer a Pokemon and select the one I want in return. What is the process I follow here?

Sorry to bother you.

@formlesstree4 hey thanks for your reply, I'm pretty raw in this forum to say the least. I have been able to establish a connection, and the DNS and GTS sections chatter like they do when I send Pokemon, but I'm unsure of the method of receiving. After it connects to Shiny GTS correctly, the normal trading system comes up where I offer a Pokemon and select the one I want in return. What is the process I follow here?

Sorry to bother you.

No problem. You basically just select the pokemon you want to send and "Deposit" it. The game will say the pokemon was rejected, but in actuality, the file was accepted and written out in the proper folder.

Hmm I have all the steps good until I've selected a Pokemon to trade, and when it usually would begin to send the pokemon off to the GTS I get a communication error, and the message in my attachment. Is there something I've done wrong that you can see? I've tried this with both Gens, the image below shows the Gen 4 actions.

Error3ShinyGTS..jpg

Error3ShinyGTS..jpg.3c44e9a709004d787202

Hmm I have all the steps good until I've selected a Pokemon to trade, and when it usually would begin to send the pokemon off to the GTS I get a communication error, and the message in my attachment. Is there something I've done wrong that you can see? I've tried this with both Gens, the image below shows the Gen 4 actions.

Ahh hell not that error message again...that usually happens when the communication doesn't go through successfully. All the data wasn't received. There's nothing I can do but suggest that you keep trying.

Port 80

xYluL.png

xUiEN.png

Port 53

MGHMC.png

845OJ.png

ShinyGTS Startup

tVgDc.png

There is my ports. ShinyGTS Startup.

Ports are open for sure. Port Checker says they are. Though it is unable to Ping my Router. No programs are open to block the ports while ShinyGTS is open. When I choose the option to Deposit a Pokemon it says Checking GTS's status... and then goes to the blue screen of Communication error. Please power off.

Does that help?

I have the same problem. I have done everything I can think of. made exceptions in firewall, ran as administrator, made sure ports were forwarded pretty much everything. I was able to receive Pokemon from DS to computer on XP but I now have Windows 7 and its a no go. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same problem. I have done everything I can think of. made exceptions in firewall, ran as administrator, made sure ports were forwarded pretty much everything. I was able to receive Pokemon from DS to computer on XP but I now have Windows 7 and its a no go. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know what might've changed in Windows 7. I developed the program on XP and tested it in both XP and 7 without issues (32 bit and 64 bit). I honestly don't know what else to tell everyone that still has issues despite following the general directions. It seems somewhere, maybe the ISP, maybe not, that the connection won't go through. There's nothing else I can really do at this point if it doesn't work.

Technically yes. You would have to convert the Pokemon file from Gen IV to Gen V before hand otherwise you'll have some serious errors.

Exactly what I was looking for, I don't have two DSes. How would I go about doing this?