Shiny GTS [Now with Gen V support!] (Now announcing Shiny DTS!)

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

l tried install Mono but not really what l'm supposed to do is there somekind of tutorial or video? Either l'm lost on this.

If you downloaded it from the site and installed the .dmg (I think it gives a .dmg), try opening Terminal and typing "mono" and pressing enter. It should do -something-.

Development:

--aot[=<options>] Compiles the assembly to native code

--debug[=<options>] Enable debugging support, use --help-debug for details

--debugger-agent=options Enable the debugger agent

--profile[=profiler] Runs in profiling mode with the specified profiler module

--trace[=EXPR] Enable tracing, use --help-trace for details

--jitmap Output a jit method map to /tmp/perf-PID.map

--help-devel Shows more options available to developers

Runtime:

--config FILE Loads FILE as the Mono config

--verbose, -v Increases the verbosity level

--help, -h Show usage information

--version, -V Show version information

--runtime=VERSION Use the VERSION runtime, instead of autodetecting

--optimize=OPT Turns on or off a specific optimization

Use --list-opt to get a list of optimizations

--security[=mode] Turns on the unsupported security manager (off by default)

mode is one of cas, core-clr, verifiable or validil

--attach=OPTIONS Pass OPTIONS to the attach agent in the runtime.

Currently the only supported option is 'disable'.

--llvm, --nollvm Controls whenever the runtime uses LLVM to compile code.

--gc=[sgen,boehm] Select SGen or Boehm GC (runs mono or mono-sgen)

What should l do next to run the .exe?

My-name-iMac:~ myname$ "cd Users/myname/Downloads/ShinyGTS"

-bash: cd Users/myname/Downloads/ShinyGTS: No such file or directory

My-name-iMac:~ my name$ cd Users/myname/Downloads/ShinyGTS

-bash: cd: Users/myname/Downloads/ShinyGTS: No such file or directory

My-name-iMac:~ my name$ mono ShinyGTS.exe

Cannot open assembly 'ShinyGTS.exe': No such file or directory.

My-name-iMac:~ myname$ Users/myname/Downloads/ShinyGTS

-bash: Users/myname/Downloads/ShinyGTS: No such file or directory

My-name-iMac:~ myname$

Soon l get sad about this little thing that doesn't want to work....is there a teamviewer for mac?

It Just Works - Apple's Motto.

I found that immensely amusing.

It's not working if you read the log l just posted above. "There is no such file or directory"

Ok l may get a time with Shiny Jirachi so he can review that mono application.

Sounds good; I think you have me on MSN or Yahoo, not sure which. Just send me a message with your MSN/Yahoo information and we'll go from there, mmk?

Yes, that is right the one with ShinyGTS should match the DNS one (your public IP)

Okay..

And my public IP address can be found with this site, right?

http://checkmyip.com/

I also have another question. On the instructions on the first post, it says to "follow interface instructions". Where might these be? Are these the steps on the side? "Initial Setup"? If so, what do I do after selecting my pokemon file?

Okay..

And my public IP address can be found with this site, right?

http://checkmyip.com/

I also have another question. On the instructions on the first post, it says to "follow interface instructions". Where might these be? Are these the steps on the side? "Initial Setup"? If so, what do I do after selecting my pokemon file?

No, that is your local IP try this site: http://portforward.com/ it will say your external/public IP adress.

Make sure your port 80 is forwarded/open by checking your router/DSL settings. You can download a PortForward checker right here: http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm

Check port 80 in it.

Right below that you readed :=)

How can I use them?

Step 1) Make sure no programs are currently running that can block Port 80 [TCP] AND Port 53 [uDP]

Step 2) Now, make sure your Router has the two ports listed in Step 1 forwarded to your local IP. This is crucial if you want to do public distributions. [if you don't want to do public distributions, you can skip this step].

Step 3) Make sure any active firewalls have an exception for either ShinyDTS and/or ShinyGTS on both ports listed in Step 1.

Step 4) Run either program and follow the interface instructions.

Step 5) On your DS [in either game], be sure to change your first connection properties [which is your active one] ONLY! Do not create a new connection for this. You need to change "Auto-Obtain DNS" to "No", and change the "Primary DNS" slot to the IP address that ShinyDTS and/or ShinyGTS display in the textbox on the program. [if you skipped Step 2, then you must use your local IP address assigned to your computer by your router, no exceptions].

Step 6) You can now send or receive Pokemon!

If you need more help feel free to ask if l cannot help probably formlesstree4/Shiny Jirachi might be around :)

No, that is your local IP try this site: http://portforward.com/ it will say your external/public IP adress.

Make sure your port 80 is forwarded/open by checking your router/DSL settings. You can download a PortForward checker right here: http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm

Check port 80 in it.

Right below that you readed :=)

Sorry! Another question.

I used that site and got the exact same IP as the one before.

And all I have to do is click Start GTS, Start DNS, and then enter the GTS on my game, right?

Sorry! Another question.

I used that site and got the exact same IP as the one before.

And all I have to do is click Start GTS, Start DNS, and then enter the GTS on my game, right?

Start DNS first then make sure it says something with port 80 then select the file and chose if GEN IV/V and select mode "Individual Pokemon Sending" and Start GTS and make sure you have your DS done then contact to the GTS as normally but if you using GEN V use the first GTS at top when you talk to the women to right. Not "GTS Negotiations"

~ Enjoy

Start DNS first then make sure it says something with port 80 then select the file and chose if GEN IV/V and select mode "Individual Pokemon Sending" and Start GTS and make sure you have your DS done then contact to the GTS as normally but if you using GEN V use the first GTS at top when you talk to the women to right. Not "GTS Negotiations"

~ Enjoy

I don't get anything about Port 80 in my DNS System box...

I can't seem to be able to install the PortForwarder Checker, and I'm assuming that my Port 80 is closed. How can I open it?

I don't get anything about Port 80 in my DNS System box...

I can't seem to be able to install the PortForwarder Checker, and I'm assuming that my Port 80 is closed. How can I open it?

same for me

I can not ..

the doors are open .. I have done everything but does not give me the DNS to use ..

rghh.png

What's wrong?

Edited by Astro86