Shiny GTS [Now with Gen V support!] (Now announcing Shiny DTS!)

Thanks for the great fake GTS!

I do have one more problem though :/

Whenever I connect to get a pokemon, after the sppofing it says

Data sent to:192.168.1.35

even though my primary dns is 192.168.1.33 and on my Dsi's screen it has a blank white box on the top screen and when I press 'a' it says 'disconnected from nintendo wifi connection due to communication error'

http://img43.imageshack.us/i/dsc00010pc.jpg/

http://img705.imageshack.us/i/gtsproblem1.jpg/

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone explain why ShinyGTS has it were if you deposit a Pokemon from the Box in BW, the file size is 220 and not 136 bytes since 136 is the size for Pokemon in the PC Box?

Because, when transmitted across the networking, ShinyDTS/GTS resizes the array to 220 bytes.

Thanks for the great fake GTS!

I do have one more problem though :/

Whenever I connect to get a pokemon, after the sppofing it says

Data sent to:192.168.1.35

even though my primary dns is 192.168.1.33 and on my Dsi's screen it has a blank white box on the top screen and when I press 'a' it says 'disconnected from nintendo wifi connection due to communication error'

http://img43.imageshack.us/i/dsc00010pc.jpg/

http://img705.imageshack.us/i/gtsproblem1.jpg/

The reason that the program puts that IP in the DNS area is because that is the IP address you should be using. You can use your Internal IP of 192.168.1.33, but I don't recommend it; haven't done much testing on the system with it. As for the 192.168.1.35, that is the IP assigned to your DS. It also sounds like you might have some port problems or conflicts somewhere with either your router or a program on your PC.

The reason that the program puts that IP in the DNS area is because that is the IP address you should be using. You can use your Internal IP of 192.168.1.33, but I don't recommend it; haven't done much testing on the system with it. As for the 192.168.1.35, that is the IP assigned to your DS. It also sounds like you might have some port problems or conflicts somewhere with either your router or a program on your PC.

so should I set my dns as 192.168.1.35 and leave my ip address to auto obtain?

Oh and what server address should I forward the ports to?

so should I set my dns as 192.168.1.35 and leave my ip address to auto obtain?

The IP address should not be changed in the DS, that should always be on Auto-Obtain. The only thing that should be changed is your Primary DNS. I was saying you can have your Primary DNS as 192.168.1.33, but it's recommended [by me at least] to use your External IP address for the Primary DNS server, which is what the program gives you in that textbox.

The IP address should not be changed in the DS, that should always be on Auto-Obtain. The only thing that should be changed is your Primary DNS. I was saying you can have your Primary DNS as 192.168.1.33, but it's recommended [by me at least] to use your External IP address for the Primary DNS server, which is what the program gives you in that textbox.

I've done that now I get the error 52100, I've port forwarded port 80 and I've made the rule in windows firewall what should I do?

I've done that now I get the error 52100, I've port forwarded port 80 and I've made the rule in windows firewall what should I do?

A 52100 error still points to a port being blocked. I don't know what else could be blocking it though, are you running any programs like Skype or Teamviewer?

A 52100 error still points to a port being blocked. I don't know what else could be blocking it though, are you running any programs like Skype or Teamviewer?

well I uninstalled skype and got the same error, but the weird thing is that my ip changed :S

@ Isins: Port 80 is closed, is there a way to open it?

I tried to recieve Gen 4 Pokemon for the first time, but when I tried to deposit something, I got the error message System.FormatException: Invalid character in a Base-6. I have both ports open so what happened?

I tried to recieve Gen 4 Pokemon for the first time, but when I tried to deposit something, I got the error message System.FormatException: Invalid character in a Base-6. I have both ports open so what happened?

Sounds like a transmission error...could be a problem with padding maybe, but I doubt it. Try uploading a different Pokemon.

I have updated the main post with newly compiled versions of ShinyDTS and GTS, containing a few bugfixes that should address any concerns that have been raised in the thread. Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

AWESOME!! gonna try now

Dunno, maybe its just my PC or something... but...

If my PC goes idle for a few hours people can't connect to the server.

When I stop the DNS and GTS server it pops up with an exception error.

Switching back to the old version for a bit to see if I still get this to happen.

Just got to a new place, and it has a Belkin Router. Anyway, when I try to use Shiny GTS, both the External and Local IP Address don't work. Then I tried HyperGTS and apparently it's giving me the IP Address: fe80::5efe:192.168.2.8%15. Can anyone tell me what this means?

Just got to a new place, and it has a Belkin Router. Anyway, when I try to use Shiny GTS, both the External and Local IP Address don't work. Then I tried HyperGTS and apparently it's giving me the IP Address: fe80::5efe:192.168.2.8%15. Can anyone tell me what this means?

Just replied to your thread, but I'll re-answer it here. The new place is configured to use IPv6 which means you will need to use some sort of tunneling service because the DS does not accept IPv6 and probably won't be able to without a firmware update. I don't know what this means for GTS transferring, but the transition to IPv6 will not be an easy one.

So I disabled my IPV6 and Port Forwarded 80 on this new Router, but now I get the error code 13274. I also got the message from the ShinyGTS "Got wrong request, probably not from a DS." What does this mean?

Okay, I'm running Windows XP via VMWare Fusion on my Macbook Pro. HyperGTS works dandy with this setup, but I can't figure out ShinyGTS.

I get this message, which I assume is a normal message: "GTS initialization on Port 80 complete." However, when I try and connect to the GTS after doing all the steps, I still get error message 52100 (I made sure the firewall is off, Skype is off, etc.). When I try and scan port 80 with http://www.whatsmyip.org/ports/ I get a "timed out" message, which to me contradicts what ShinyGTS is telling me. Do I need to mess with port forwarding? I'm doing everything on my local network. I also get this feeling like I'm being a dumb technology-stupid girl and skipping an important step.

Hi, l tried to use the Receive Mode recently but my friend got a bluescreen when he tried to connect and deposit a pokemon. Is this temporaliy problem? or the program still not fully done?

Here is a example of the bluescreen he got.

http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/8339?tstart=-6

My ports are open and everything working for sending but receiving won't work.

Any help is appriciated =)

-img snip-

any help?

This sounds like you need to open the ports on your Router. Check out port forwarding.

Okay, I'm running Windows XP via VMWare Fusion on my Macbook Pro. HyperGTS works dandy with this setup, but I can't figure out ShinyGTS.

I get this message, which I assume is a normal message: "GTS initialization on Port 80 complete." However, when I try and connect to the GTS after doing all the steps, I still get error message 52100 (I made sure the firewall is off, Skype is off, etc.). When I try and scan port 80 with http://www.whatsmyip.org/ports/ I get a "timed out" message, which to me contradicts what ShinyGTS is telling me. Do I need to mess with port forwarding? I'm doing everything on my local network. I also get this feeling like I'm being a dumb technology-stupid girl and skipping an important step.

ShinyGTS is telling you the truth. It did bind to port 80; it does not know however if it can see the outside. You should not need to mess with port 80 if and only if you are trying to do this locally. If you are doing this locally, make sure the DNS you're putting in your DS is the local IP address of your computer. For example, my router assigned my PC the local address of 10.0.0.2; your PC would have something similar or, probably 192.168.1.x, where x is a number between 1 and 255. Do not use the IP that ShinyGTS displays because to use that one, you would probably have to mess with port forwarding.

Hi, l tried to use the Receive Mode recently but my friend got a bluescreen when he tried to connect and deposit a pokemon. Is this temporaliy problem? or the program still not fully done?

Here is a example of the bluescreen he got.

http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/8339?tstart=-6

My ports are open and everything working for sending but receiving won't work.

Any help is appriciated =)

Did any error messages appear on the screen? Are you sure the program was in the right GTS mode?

Edited by formlesstree4
Answering other questions