Shiny GTS [Now with Gen V support!] (Now announcing Shiny DTS!)

Ok i'm not sure if this is a bug.. But one I minimized the program.. it went to my tray but now I cant re open it or close it..

Double click the icon that is in the tray.

@Butterfree; It probably does have to do with the bug fix that I'm currently working on, OR some cleanup issues in the PostSend routine. I'll look into it.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using this to distribute pokemon at random to users at gameFAQs.

People can connect and get Pokemon but seem to be getting tons of errors.

I'm assuming this is due to some kind of server overload?

My internet connection is stable and ran speed test, they check out fine.

Is this designed to handle so many simultaneous connections?

A user reported "I either get errors and or get into the GTS but it won't give me anything it's about 50/50"

Any suggestions on what to do?

Edit - Been constantly reading the log. A trend I'm seeing is when 3 or more people enter the GTS at the same time it just craps out some where. It seems to handle two ppl at the same time just fine...

GTSlog.png

Edited by cH053n

I'm using this to distribute pokemon at random to users at gameFAQs.

People can connect and get Pokemon but seem to be getting tons of errors.

I'm assuming this is due to some kind of server overload?

My internet connection is stable and ran speed test, they check out fine.

Is this designed to handle so many simultaneous connections?

A user reported "I either get errors and or get into the GTS but it won't give me anything it's about 50/50"

Any suggestions on what to do?

Edit - Been constantly reading the log. A trend I'm seeing is when 3 or more people enter the GTS at the same time it just craps out some where. It seems to handle two ppl at the same time just fine...

GTSlog.png

You might have a fast Internet, but it might not be able to handle multiple queries extremely fast. Who is your ISP and what brand of router do you have? Just because you have fast Internet doesn't necessarily mean you can keep running this, you also have to be able to handle the incoming queries. I've been able to handle multiple connections in a row, upwards of 30 at a time when I was at my all time high.

You might have a fast Internet, but it might not be able to handle multiple queries extremely fast. Who is your ISP and what brand of router do you have? Just because you have fast Internet doesn't necessarily mean you can keep running this, you also have to be able to handle the incoming queries. I've been able to handle multiple connections in a row, upwards of 30 at a time when I was at my all time high.

AT&T HSI DSL 6 mbps

Actiontec all-in-one modem/router/wifi

my router can handle 190-254 simultaneous connections - http://www.actiontec.com/support/product_details.php?pid=112&typ=faq#q2

Also some people and myself included get the ERORR CODE: 13275

Though I don't get this error when using ir-gts

any reason why I can't connect to my own Shiny GTS server but I can connect to ir-gts just fine?

Also please any suggestions on how to get connections to my server more reliable... please!

I torrent stuff all the time and have a really good connection, it doesn't make sense to me why Shiny DTS performs so shitty with multiple connections...

Edited by cH053n

AT&T HSI DSL 6 mbps

Actiontec all-in-one modem/router/wifi

my router can handle 190-254 simultaneous connections - http://www.actiontec.com/support/product_details.php?pid=112&typ=faq#q2

Also some people and myself included get the ERORR CODE: 13275

Though I don't get this error when using ir-gts

any reason why I can't connect to my own Shiny GTS server but I can connect to ir-gts just fine?

Also please any suggestions on how to get connections to my server more reliable... please!

I torrent stuff all the time and have a really good connection, it doesn't make sense to me why Shiny DTS performs so shitty with multiple connections...

Then I don't understand why you're having issues. I don't have them myself and several others don't as well...the only thing that I can think of is that your OS is being stupid about incoming connections; that or a firewall of sorts is reacting to the incoming traffic and maybe treating it as a potential DDoS? But then again, that would also happen with, say, IR-GTS. You're one of the weird cases. I'm working on a rewrite that I'm hoping will speed things up, no promises though.

@Mike Waggs: That can have plenty of potential sources. Check your firewall, ISP, and be sure that you have no open programs that bind to port 80 or 53.

@Mike Waggs: That can have plenty of potential sources. Check your firewall, ISP, and be sure that you have no open programs that bind to port 80 or 53.

It's not the firewall or any ports that bind to port 80 and I can port forward to port 80 so I don't think it's blocked. I can connect using my internal IP but I get the error for the external. If I have to port forward should I forward the internal or external?

Edit: My ISP originally blocked Port 80, but I fixed it.

It's not the firewall or any ports that bind to port 80 and I can port forward to port 80 so I don't think it's blocked. I can connect using my internal IP but I get the error for the external. If I have to port forward should I forward the internal or external?

Edit: My ISP originally blocked Port 80, but I fixed it.

Forward your Internal IP to line up with your External. Double check with your ISP to make sure they're still not blocking port 80 if the problem persists.

Then I don't understand why you're having issues. I don't have them myself and several others don't as well...the only thing that I can think of is that your OS is being stupid about incoming connections; that or a firewall of sorts is reacting to the incoming traffic and maybe treating it as a potential DDoS? But then again, that would also happen with, say, IR-GTS. You're one of the weird cases. I'm working on a rewrite that I'm hoping will speed things up, no promises though.

Thanks for the support, appreciate it.

Now I'm a little worried and might end up reformatting my PC! lol thanks, j/k

but anyways... I ran Windows Updated and noticed I was missing Service Pack 1 for Windows 7!

are any other updates needed like .Net Framework or anything? I have the latest python I think...

Sorry, bit of a nooby question and i apologise if its the wrong place to put this...

I work with this fine send pokemon to myself.Work really easy.

I can send it using my local IP which is the 192.***.***.*** with ease. My question is how do i send it out like worldwide, like hosting and sending pokemon Pokemon?

Sorry, bit of a nooby question and i apologise if its the wrong place to put this...

I work with this fine send pokemon to myself.Work really easy.

I can send it using my local IP which is the 192.***.***.*** with ease. My question is how do i send it out like worldwide, like hosting and sending pokemon Pokemon?

You need to use the IP that the program gives you.

This being the IP when i turn the Shiny GTS on?

Go to this site

http://checkmyip.com/

give them the IP it shows

you have to make sure you have ports TCP 80 and UDP 53 open in your router and firewalls

If it still does not work you may have a program blocking those ports

start menu > run > cmd > type netstat -o

that will tell you if something is using those ports

if not then call your ISP to see if they are blocking port 80

Go to this site

http://checkmyip.com/

give them the IP it shows

you have to make sure you have ports TCP 80 and UDP 53 open in your router and firewalls

If it still does not work you may have a program blocking those ports

start menu > run > cmd > type netstat -o

that will tell you if something is using those ports

if not then call your ISP to see if they are blocking port 80

Right Firewallis disabled, and tbh it neverseems to cause troubles, nothing else is using the ports, they're open from what im aware as i can send to my private ip... anyhoooo

this is what im getting...

My primary dns and secondary dns are both whatit show on the above and im getting nothing :/

GTS..bmp

GTS..bmp

Right Firewallis disabled, and tbh it neverseems to cause troubles, nothing else is using the ports, they're open from what im aware as i can send to my private ip... anyhoooo

this is what im getting...

Are you trying to connect to your own GTS server using your external IP?

it doesn't work like that...

only people outside your network can connect to your server using the external IP.

My external Ip is 80.65.243.236

Why are people unable to connect to it

http://portforward.com/

has guides on how to open router ports

also if you have any firewall running... disable it or make an exception rule for the firewall to allow Shiny GTS traffic.

if all else fails call your ISP and ask if they are blocking port 80, have them open it.

I was able to get Port 80 open. Now you may or may not know the answer to this, but when I used a program to check the ports it said it couldn't ping my router. Any idea why?

And maybe I should clarify a little bit. I'm getting 52100 when I put in the DNS. I can get into the GTS just fine.

Having problems with the ShinyGTS: Tried it for the first time and it gives me a completely wierd IP Address: 108.3.73.97 (not the one I used with HyperGTS). I try to send a Pokemon to my computer and it gives me that 52100 message. I did the same thing I did with HyperGTS: My Antivirus made ShinyGTS open to all ports, and it's allowed to my Antivirus Firewall and Windows Firewall, I even did a port forwarding, so what's going on?

:EDIT:

So 5 min after I did port forwarding, I tried using my computer's ip address because I remember I used that for hypergts, and it worked. Can anyone tell me why the program would give me a different ip address to use if it wasn't the right one?

Edited by JRT