Shiny GTS [Now with Gen V support!] (Now announcing Shiny DTS!)

Hi I have been having issues with both the Shiny GTD and DTS. Before this, I ran Hyper GTS and had no issues and did distributions fine. when I try to give out 5th gen stuff though, the Shiny GTS will do 5 or 6 pokemon then just stops, and no matter what I do, it lets people in, but gives nothing. The shiny DTS does a similar thing, but will only give out 1 pokemon. I am still using the hyper GTS for G4, and it works perfect with no issues at all. It's not a port forwarding problem either, or else Hyper wouldn't work! The files are fine, as I sent them to a friend, and they were fine for him in IR-GTS BW, and so I tried that, and it worked fine on these files. I prefer to use your program though as I want to give out more than just one pokemon!

Is there a glitch or bug in this program somewhere? am I the only one having this issue with the newer programs?

one other thing, even when I shut off the DTS/GTS, they still block my port 80!!! I have to completely restart my PC, or use a program like RKill to stop the ports being blocked

any help you can shed on this is appreciated...

Do any error messages appear or does the program just stop sending period? It sounds like the sockets aren't closing properly which...I don't understand. I'll write some more code to try and kill it completely.

Wkdcritz: I have no idea what's wrong except that the USB might be messing with things somehow. I don't know sadly :( It's nearly identical code to that of HyperGTS, just with some rewrites to make it function better and look cleaner.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Formlesstree4: sometimes it does give errors: It gave me several last night, but I do not remember what they were, and I did not have the sense to do a screen shot! I look forward to the updated version with the more code included to hopefully stop this issue! I hope you post here when you do it, so I can download the newer version and get my G5 distros going again!

Wkdcritz: I have no idea what's wrong except that the USB might be messing with things somehow. I don't know sadly :( It's nearly identical code to that of HyperGTS, just with some rewrites to make it function better and look cleaner.

How can I swap to 'pure wi-fi' so I don't have to use my USB?

Formlesstree4: Just seeing if the GTS was updated yet due to the issue I was having....no rush if not.

I need more information before I can fully diagnose what's wrong. I have an idea as to what's wrong and I'll see about working on that for the next update.

Hey, great program. Thanks for all the hard work!

Any eta on the next revision? (And will it have the fix for Metheos' incrementing problem for GenV?)

:wink:

There will be a release probably later tonight. The bug fixes aren't major [the ones that I have enough information to actually fix that is].

Hey there.

I'm having problems sending my pkmn back to the DS...

You see,I send'em from my DS, using the ShinyGTS by Shiny Jirachi, and everything's fine 'till there. Once I edit the pkmn using pokesav, it doesn't matter how much or how little I modify them, i keep getting the same error when i try to send'em back to the DS.

It gives me this message: "incorrect file size"

and then there's another message telling me that something is null or whatever, i don't understand. I used to pokesav in HG/SS and everything was just fine, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and i've tried a lot of different things with no good results. Has anyone else gotten the same error message?

Can you help me figure out what's wrong?

I downloaded the lastest version of pokesav, if you know any links with updated versions, it'd be great!

thanks!

Formelesstree4: Here's the error I get when it tries to give out a pokemon:

Error: The Path is not of a legal form

Stack: At system IO Path normalize (string path)

what does this mean? Is it a network issue? or the program itself?

Neither, the path given is not valid. This usually indicates that the path is blank.

Does this support the 3DS?

Can i use this with WPA encryption?

Yes.

Neither, the path given is not valid. This usually indicates that the path is blank.

Yes.

And with Windows 7?

Because I do everything but my 3DS says network error and when I enter the GTS, it disconnecst automatically

And with Windows 7?

Because I do everything but my 3DS says network error and when I enter the GTS, it disconnecst automatically

I'm using the DTS on Windows 7 and it works fine.

It lets you into the GTS and then boots you out? That sounds like it might be a problem with the pkm file (to me anyway). What do the GTS logs say?

Formlesstree4: here's another error I am getting when it gives out the pokemon:

error: index was outside the bounds of the array

Stack: Globaldistributionserver:BWGTS:PostSend

what does this mean? it happens almost every time a pokemon goes thru. The GTS still registers the pokemon as given out, so I am confused...

Formlesstree4: here's another error I am getting when it gives out the pokemon:

error: index was outside the bounds of the array

Stack: Globaldistributionserver:BWGTS:PostSend

what does this mean? it happens almost every time a pokemon goes thru. The GTS still registers the pokemon as given out, so I am confused...

This is probably the issue that Metheos pointed out a couple of pages back. Is it only happening with the GenV selection doing distribution by folder? (If not, then please ignore me. )