Kyurem: A Speculation Thread

wraith89

In my mind Gray will be a sequel of Black/White. The reason I say that is because the last thing relevant to the story said in the game is something along the lines of "A boy with green hair was spotted flying on a Black/White Dragon. I have to go. If I see you again we will talk more". It's begging for a sequel.

We all know there won't be another pokemon game for the DS, so I think that Gamefreak will just make G VI for the 3DS with Grey to kick it off.

What I hope for is that you start out as the character from Black/White with some good lvl 60-70 pokemon (Zekrom/Reshiram being one of them). After the tutorial as the character from Black/White and the possible start of another war you switch to a newbie trainer.

What I want in Gray

-Shadow Pokemon (Like the gamecube games)

-Multiple Regons accessed by Boat, Train or Plane (like being able to visit Orre, Hoen and Sinoh or something)

-History based storyline (Getting to know more about Pokearth and the legendary lore)

-Mentions of past 'Heroes'

On the topic of Kyurem, I do think he is the shell of some type of Legendary or God. Maybe he was too powerful so they scooped out his insides, soul or power and turned them/it into the Godstone, that would explain his mangled appearance and use of the Ice element. But that is a bit dark for Pokemon.

I think we would be better story writers than the people at Gamefreak. Heh.

While that would be insanely awesome, no, there is absolutely no way that will happen. Gray will be a third sister game like all the others, with aspects of both Black and White in it, although seemingly missing something, as always. But it will involve Kyurem more, just as the third sister game (minus Yellow Version) always does with the third, lesser-known about being of the trio. So no, not a sequel, just another remake, more than likely one that will be on the original DS platform and not specifically for 3DS (even Nintendo and Gamefreak know not to advance like that all of the sudden).

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thread. I like things about Kyurem lol.

He better have an alternative form. I was thinking that the orb would actually, as probably said earlier, change his ability to remove charge up time, or it could give him levitate.

As for his design, I hope he becomes more serpent like as opposed to just looking like another Reshiram/Zekrom mix.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe all is not as it seems. Maybe Kyurem didn't fall off the meteor. Maybe it was where the Giant Chasm is now, and it summoned the meteors. Maybe it summoned them to split it into Reshiram and Zekrom. Maybe... I'm saying maybe too much. But this makes sense. Kyurem uses a super powerful Draco Meteor to split itself into the other two in its trio. But somehow, its original form survived. The meteors had damaged it, weakening it. These meteors may have released the ice from inside Kyurem that now freezes its body. Kyurem may have had no choice at the time but to gain nurishment from the people of Lacanusa Town. But now, Kyurem is stronger. The God Stone will grant Kyurem power, power enough to resume its old form. Power to rival Reshiram and Zekrom, Mewtwo, or even Arceus!

P.S.-Imagine the reaction of the people of Lacanusa Town if you let Kyurem out of its Pokeball after you caught it right in the middle of their city...

Hmhm...Interesting thread, interesting theories about my favorite Legendary pokemon in Unova.(Shpeal and Vanillite will spit on this Pokemon's face)

Well well here it goes:

-In the Black/White sequel(which I think is more likely to be on 3DS), Ghestis is out to find Kyurem and be a bu** kicking villain once again.

-In the near future, Gamefreak will learn from their mistake(S) and have Kyurem learn Sheer cold, Frost breath and have Glaciate be like Blue Flare and Bolt Strike('coz it's super weak or if not possible, make it that it Freezes whenever it hits). Make it have storm warning for an ability instead of the really (dare I say) pressure.

-Kyurem may be related to Reshiram and Zekrom, but is neither up to ideals and truths. Or maybe it has, just that it has a different point of view than the other two.

I have a lot racing in my mind, I just have to wait till it's there. I had high hopes for Kyurem even a year ago. So I hope they make something so that Kyurem will be impressive like the other two. (I hope they don't name it Grey)

If you ask me, I think that in the new grey version (if there is one) that maybe Kyurem will have two new special hold items that may coantain the powers of Reshiram and the other contains the power of zekrom and they may say, (for reshirams item), A gleaming white stone to be held by Reshiram, it boosts the power of fire- and dragon-type moves, and (Zekroms signiture item) A deep black stone to be held by zekrom, it boosts the power of Electric- and Dragon-type moves. These items may power up Reshiram's and Zekrom's attacks. (Adamant Orb or Lustrous orb people?) However if you give Reshiram's item to Kyurem it may become a fire- and dragon type or ice- and fire type (Which would be the first of it's kind by the way) and it's form ould change and have high Sp. Attack and learn fusion flare and at level 100 learn ice burn but then forget it's new moves upon changing back (Rotom's forme change anyone? And Also by the way I don't think ANYONE saw that coming, Like Rotom's forme changing into a microwave, fan, refridgerator , lawn mower and washing machine would have gotten a ton of laughs if you traveled back to the time of only Diamond and pearl and told people about this) Sorry, got a little off topic there and with Kyurem holding Zekrom's item it's forme will change again and have the same base stats as Zekrom and learn Fusion Bolt and at level 100 learn Freeze Shock and, like I said before, forget these moves upon going back. Who knows what to expect.

Also, and this is off topic, I would like to know if there will be spin off games of Pokemon Black and White. such as the 4th pokemon ranger game and Pokemon mystery dungeon each coantaining the new Unova pokemon

One other thing that I noticed is that if you look on your town map you'll see that to the west and north of Unova, the conteneint doesn't end. So maybe one day like maybe in pokemon grey or a further generation you'll get to head north or west to a different region. Kind of like Kanto and johto. Also if you remember when N's castle was rising out of the ground, most people were probrably just looking at the impressive graphics of the castle but if you chose to take your attention off of the rising castle and looked beyond it, you would see many dark looming mountains in the distance so maybe there will be a new region beyond that mountain range that will hold new pokemon or old retro pokemon.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Kyurem will need either a new signature move which is it's own move and nothing to do with Bolt Strike and Blue Flare. The waiting a turn is lame. Glaciate is good but needs yo be changed to have a more higher base power. If it is on 3ds (I hope) the potential of the graphics is so much greater so new animation would be awesome!!

• 2 weeks later...

Check this out: a blured image of a possible Kyurem forme. I bet it is like a serpentine type dragon like Giratina in orgin forme. Website: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/printthread.php?tid=96517&page=3 , Image: http://i53.tinypic.com/1zd9g8.jpg . (Muscular Zekrom + Slender Reshiram) x Damaged Kyurem forme = Kyurem (Serpentine/Restored Forme)!!!!

Mind telling me what page those people at pokebeach are referring to? Because I can't seem to find anything. Also, that Kyurem doesn't look right, but then again, many people denounced the Rotom formes as fake along with the final evolutions of the Unova starters... meaning I'm scared :/

Alas... http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-1-corocoro-announces-new-pokemon-game-next-month-movie-14-downloads-5-12?pid=1935818#pid1935818

And the whole thing is pretty old.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but in the ROM, Kyurem has a hex value for the form change indicator that is the same as meloeta's, but it does not have the data pointing at an additonal form (i.e. # of forms is the normal amount, and the alternate form identifier is zero). Reshiram and zekrom have normal values for all of the form-change data. I therefor suspect that kyurem will have a move that changes its form in gray. I suspect that freeze shock and frost burn will turn it into forms resembling zekrom and reshiram respectively. The question is why the value was put in at all in Black/White. Probably it is either needed for wireless battling with kyurem between BW and Grey to work, or they originally were going to implement it in BW, but decided against it.

Question: In DPPt data, was there a similar thing with giratina's new form?

That's actually quite interesting. Great find! It's either a deleted data or they were planning on it to put it in the next game... or Gamefreak is trolling us. But I am pretty sure that extra bit of data is relevant, because so many things hint about an upcoming Kyurem upgrade, which is a lot more apparent than Giratina since Giratina was very self-sustained as a standalone Pokemon.

Maybe one of our programmers know about Giratina's data. I did not know such value existed though. How about Rotom? Does Rotom have such a byte or is its method of transformation some other special factor?

• 2 months later...

i agree with alot of the ideas posted on this thread but i have a new idea:

it has not been mentioned yet of the possiblity of a new type? my theroy is once zekrom and reshiram fuse into kyurem again(or however the true dragon will be formed) insted of changing kyurems types between combinations of dragon ice and fire a whole new type will be created! a type that only the true dragon will have think about it theres only 17 types ( not including ???) and that seems like a pretty weird number. This new type will be superior to all other types in defensses and strengths and will make dragon typing look weak. Just a thought i have more theroys mayb ill post later but anyway thats my peice and again i love this thread.... really interesting to think about.

This is so weak! I think Articuno is better because it learns sheer cold! You know move upgrades? Well I think Glaciate will have 80 BP, 100 Accuracy And 100% chance of lowering speed by two stages in Grey. There is a possiblity that there's gonna be an event with freeze shck and ice burn. And I think it will have a Dragon/Steel Second Form. Just my oppinions.

I think Gam Freak will go beyond for Kyurem if they want to develop the pokemon's following or fanbase, look wise ans stats wise this pokemon is so broken down like you begin to speculate if such move of the desiginers was intended or they are just simply run out of time , I say if Kyurem will have multiple forms like Giratina, they better make sure that its stats are way beyond of Reshiram and Zekrom. A new movie will be released sometime soon. Nintendo/gamefreak needs to prove the importance Kyurem's existence in the franchise. this pokemon not only needs a good background story, it has another purpose and that is to fill in the story behind Reshiram and Zekrom.

I completely agree except for the dragon steel typing but if they do not give Kyurem an upgraded form I personally boycott or protest gamefreak and I am pretty sure mulholliman will too also I am pretty sure they will make an updated version of Kyurem or else they will lose many customers that like Kyurem now

This is so weak! I think Articuno is better because it learns sheer cold! You know move upgrades? Well I think Glaciate will have 80 BP, 100 Accuracy And 100% chance of lowering speed by two stages in Grey. There is a possiblity that there's gonna be an event with freeze shck and ice burn. And I think it will have a Dragon/Steel Second Form. Just my oppinions.

Though Kyurem has a lot left to be desired, it's certainly much better than Articuno. Articuno is a pathetic excuse of a legendary that either needs a complete revamp or needs to be completely trashed. Unfortunately Gamefreak did not see this or blatantly decided to ignore it and let it be. Kyurem, even in this "incomplete form", is actually very useful. I'd rather it stick with Ice typing and charge up on those secret moves need to go...

At serebii, they said there's gonna be a new movie called ''Kyurem VS the Sacred Swordsmen. This doesn't even explain anything about it's connection between Zek and Resh.

well then wraith or whoever posted about the relations they had was right and im sure theyre not gonna leave out zek and resh theyll be in there just mayb not how we imaginned it

Who knows? Maybe this new movie will spread alittle light on some important aspects and abilities of Kyurem maybe not a full explanation of his origins. I do think there will be some light shed on this and possibly there will be some explanation of at least a part of the relationship between ReshiramZekrom and Kyurem after all they did release their movies and now they are releasing Kyurems movie right after, it is not a coincidence I am catiously optimistic abou this movie. Also who do you think the swordsman may be? I think they might be the musketeer quartet and then if that is true we might finally get a Keldeo event and the connection between the tao trio and the musketeers may be explained and why they hate humans so much