Kyurem: A Speculation Thread

wraith89

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought of something.

This is an extreme stretch pulled from my tired mind, but it might explain something.

Since Kyurem is from space or whatever, what if he* was, like, a runt or something? Maybe his stats are so low because he's an inferior of their species. Maybe they could do some thing in the third one where, like, a full version comes from space to get it or something.

Like, all the other Kyurems could be super space dragons, and this one fell to earth because it couldn't keep up with the others?

It would kinda explain his incomplete appearance, and low stats. The Kyurem in B/W could be the ugly duckling of Kyurems.

I guess I kinda just want a space themed pokemon game...

* I'm just reffering to it as male for siplicity.

You may be over thinking it a bit...

I think Kyurem was the corpse of the original Tao dragon and When Reshiram and Zekrom became split, the remains which is Kyurem fell from the sky and it looked like a meteor falling form the sky. also remember, the light and dark stones existed since Reshiram and Zekrom had damaged bodies afterwards. When the player/N used the stones, the two dragons have there bodies restored but Kyurem didn't get it's bodied restored from the god stone (it's a little to obvious that kyurem's stone is the god stone) so it remained "incomplete" for a long time. In the ird game, Kyurem may be able to interact with the god stone and have it's body restored to it's full potential and hopefully, Kyurem will actually be strong. This is just me speculating it since it seems everything about the legend seems to fit so well, you don't have to agree with my theory...

Personnaly, I truly believe they're going to make a Pokemon Grey Version staring kyurem. I think this because Kyurem has almost the same battle theme as Reshiram and Zekrom. And if you look into the past games, they made pokemon saphire and pokemon ruby star Kyogre and Groudon. Rayquaza was in both games but very few people would mention anything about them, and you couldn't recieve it untill you defeated the pokemon League. Ring a bell? Kyurem right? You can only recieve Reshiram or Zekrom depending on which game you have, you don't hear anything abut Kyurem until after you defeat the pokemon league. Now let's go to the geneartion between Gen 3 and Gen 5. In generation 4 in diamond and pearl were the first game of the 4th generation such as Ruby & Saphire were the 1st games of genereation 3 and black and white were the 1st games of generation 5. In generation 4 you could get Dialga and Palkia each at Lv.47. Then you couldn't battle Giratina until after you defeated the elite 4 and recieve the national pokedex. You would go to the newly opened Sendoff Spring Giratina in the Turnback Cave at level 70. But in the new game that came out two years later after Diamond and Pearl came Pokemon Platinum! Just like the previous geneation. In this game, the concepts are reversed! You meet giratina during the same course of story. Then you couldn't meet Dialga and Palkia until you defeat the Pokemon League. You have also noticed that you can recieve both Dialga and Palkia and they are level 70 and Giritina is at level 47. Just like Pokemon Ruby and Saphire and Emerald. So that is why it's going to happen in this new generation. And also, I do think that GAME FREAK hates ice-types because every other type has a super legendary pokemon except ice until now, so I beleive that there is going to Be a grey version with kyurem and that N is going to get both Reshiram and Zekrom but will instead release them at the end of the game instead of disappearing with them.

Personnaly, I truly believe they're going to make a Pokemon Grey Version staring kyurem. I think this because Kyurem has almost the same battle theme as Reshiram and Zekrom. And if you look into the past games, they made pokemon saphire and pokemon ruby star Kyogre and Groudon. Rayquaza was in both games but very few people would mention anything about them, and you couldn't recieve it untill you defeated the pokemon League. Ring a bell? Kyurem right? You can only recieve Reshiram or Zekrom depending on which game you have, you don't hear anything abut Kyurem until after you defeat the pokemon league. Now let's go to the geneartion between Gen 3 and Gen 5. In generation 4 in diamond and pearl were the first game of the 4th generation such as Ruby & Saphire were the 1st games of genereation 3 and black and white were the 1st games of generation 5. In generation 4 you could get Dialga and Palkia each at Lv.47. Then you couldn't battle Giratina until after you defeated the elite 4 and recieve the national pokedex. You would go to the newly opened Sendoff Spring Giratina in the Turnback Cave at level 70. But in the new game that came out two years later after Diamond and Pearl came Pokemon Platinum! Just like the previous geneation. In this game, the concepts are reversed! You meet giratina during the same course of story. Then you couldn't meet Dialga and Palkia until you defeat the Pokemon League. You have also noticed that you can recieve both Dialga and Palkia and they are level 70 and Giritina is at level 47. Just like Pokemon Ruby and Saphire and Emerald. So that is why it's going to happen in this new generation. And also, I do think that GAME FREAK hates ice-types because every other type has a super legendary pokemon except ice until now, so I beleive that there is going to Be a grey version with kyurem and that N is going to get both Reshiram and Zekrom but will instead release them at the end of the game instead of disappearing with them.

Yay someone who shares the same ideas I have!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have noticed two special moves that are in the games data but cannot be learned by any pokemon by regular means. These moves are the ice type moves Freeze Shock and Ice Burn. They both have a power of 140 and take two turns to charge, but look closer at these moves. Freeze SHOCK!? Ice BURN!? sounds familiar doesn't it? Freeze Shock has a chance of causing paralysis just like Zekrom's Bolt Strike and Ice Burn has a chance of burning your oppenent, just like Reshiram's Blue Flare. But since Kyurem cannot learn these moves, it is unknown if these moves will have any relationship. But if they make a Pokemon Grey Version staring Kyurem, it's signiture moves might be these moves which could very well explain it's relationship movewise. Nintendo may also air a Kyurem event that knows these two moves. But I wanted to see these moves in action so I used a move modifier to teach these moves to Kyurem and they seem like a perfect fit for Kyurem and they make it feel more strongly related to Reshiram and Zekrom and it just makes Kyurem feel more complete as it has some signiture moves now. This may be too good to be true because they're are other parts of games data that nintendo never bothered to unlock via event. Such as the last poketch apps in pokemon diamond, pearl and Platinum as well as the Azure flute to capture arceus at spear pillar. Also same with the lock capsule in Heartgold and Soulsilver so Kyurem may never truly become complete.:(

Edited by PokemonWorldMaster1

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm.... I've wracked my brain abit but this is what i've come up with so far:

I'll start at the beginning... Well, the beginning of the pokemon universe that is. According to lore, Arceus, The original one, Hatched from a space egg then created the world as we know it. This story is almost identical to the Story of the Chinese creation deity Pangu.

Via Wikipedia: In the beginning there was nothing in the universe except a formless chaos. However this chaos coalesced into a cosmic egg for about 18,000 years. Within it, the perfectly opposed principles of Yin and Yang became balanced and Pangu emerged (or woke up) from the egg.

Wait, Yin and Yang? Perfectly balanced? This, In my opinion, brings about two options.

1-The original Pokemon Was in fact The Original Tao Dragon, Who created Arceus.

2-Arceus, For one reason or another, gave Physical form/Life to the very force that brought him to be.

Fast forward to the Great Pokemon war.. Possibly the most telling piece of the entire story in regards to speculation about Kyurem. Why? Picture an all out war between two Newly formed Uber Dragons(Chyeah!)... I can't bring myself to believe that a war of such importance was a "Unova Exclusive" war. Something possibly echoed in none other than Johto. Seriouly!

Via bulbapedia: According to the anime, Ho-Oh lived in the Tin Tower in ancient times. When war broke out, burning both the Tin Tower and the Brass Tower down, it created Raikou, Entei, and Suicune, and all four disappeared.

Of coarse being that the above was taken from the anime, it may not apply here at all.. But, I do still believe that Johto does have it's ties to the mystery surrounding Kyurem. Why? Two reason. The Sinjoh Ruins, and Cynthia. Yes, Cynthia. The sinjoh ruins(Which is a rather frigid local) itself has ties to the Alpha Pokemon Arceus, and even Creation itself, As through a special event the player is able to obtain a Lv.1 Sinnoh Dragon Trio member Via Arceus Creating one on the spot. And who is present for the whole thing? Why it's Cynthia, Of coarse. Why? In Pearl/Dia/Plat, Cynthia travels throughout sinnoh researching the legends and myths of the land, Eventually bringing her, in HG/SS, to none other than(Dun Dada DUN!) The Sinjoh ruins!

But wait.. that's in GenIV, Right? and besides, those places i mentioned are waaaaaaaaaay away from unova, According to Nintendo and in game references. Which brings us to question why our dear Sinnoh Ex-champ shows up in Undella town?(Which is conveniently located adjacent to Lacunosa and the giant chasm) Her answer? Research of coarse! but on what? What possible Find could've spurred her to continue her search regarding Sinnohs' legends In unova? Possibly that the "One Tao Dragon" is actually involved in the creation of the Pokemon world? If so, Could Kyurem be the Remains of this "One Tao Dragon"? Following either of my theories of its' possible connection with Arceus, It becomes even the more plausible, As the balance of Yin and Yang seem to fit the bill quite nicely; Thus upon the split and subsequent absence of Yin and Yang(Reshiram and Zekrom), Otherwise known as Wuji(Which Kyurem represents) in Tao tradition, only the corpse of the "One Dragon", Aka Kyurem, Was left.

Okay, So now Kyurem is a dead body... Or maybe..... A ZOMBIE!!!!! (Dramitic gasps) No, I'm Serious. He's a falling apart, flesh eating(according to lore) Cold corpse.. What about that doesn't sound like a Zombie?

So, if Kyurem Was resurrected into a sort of Undead state, Who did it? What Pokemon is known for Bringing Other Pokemon back from the dead? My guess? Ho-oh. A pokemon native to Johto. This Brings me to a crossroads of sorts concerning Kyurem's Icy visage.

1- If Ho-oh was the cause of Kyurem's Zombified state, Is he responsible for the his Ice typing? After all, The legendary beasts embodied the elements related to their initial demise. Is Kyurem's case the same?

2-It is stated in Kyurem's Pokedex entries that the origin of the ice that covers it is generated inside it's own body. This could be due to the void of Yin/Yang within it, Giving a parallel to the Frigid void of space, Where it was to have fallen from.

3-The uber cold temps are relative to its' cold, corpse-like state.

This is all still speculation of coarse, But it makes sense to me. Though i have more to say, i'll save some for later since this is getting pretty lengthy.

Ew Cynthia :/

Getting involved in the most random stuff... and for no reason either. Ah well.

I'm a bit iffy on that one, but then again, people have made ties with some seemingly unrelated trios like the Musketeers, so anything might be possible. Nonetheless, pretty cool.

Psshhh, Cynthia is a-okay in my book. I'll take her over Gary Oak any day.

The thing that puzzles me is the Godstone. It being an item that will most likely come into play when/If grey version comes out, and be instrumental in awakening, or possibly bringing a forme change to Kyurem. The awakening theory is pretty much cut and dry. But since Kyurem already physically exists within the world, it's more plausible at this point in time to assume that it should bring about a forme change.

But how? I have two theories.

1-In Grey, Both Reshiram and Zekrom Are locked in a clash that Only Kyurem can stop, But Kyurem being a mindless zombie is unable to help, So to restore the "One tao dragon" The player must seek out the Godstone, Which holds both Yin and Yang, and Make Kyurem hold it, causing him to return to his former state.(Hopefully with a Continuous Power Herb type of ability)

2-The Godstone is created when both the Light Stone and Dark Stone Release their respective Dragons in the presence of Zombie Forme Kyurem. probably just before the big showdown.

Either way, I have a sad feeling that it'll lose it's ice typing. But hopefully not.

• 2 weeks later...

In my mind Gray will be a sequel of Black/White. The reason I say that is because the last thing relevant to the story said in the game is something along the lines of "A boy with green hair was spotted flying on a Black/White Dragon. I have to go. If I see you again we will talk more". It's begging for a sequel.

We all know there won't be another pokemon game for the DS, so I think that Gamefreak will just make G VI for the 3DS with Grey to kick it off.

What I hope for is that you start out as the character from Black/White with some good lvl 60-70 pokemon (Zekrom/Reshiram being one of them). After the tutorial as the character from Black/White and the possible start of another war you switch to a newbie trainer.

What I want in Gray

-Shadow Pokemon (Like the gamecube games)

-Multiple Regons accessed by Boat, Train or Plane (like being able to visit Orre, Hoen and Sinoh or something)

-History based storyline (Getting to know more about Pokearth and the legendary lore)

-Mentions of past 'Heroes'

On the topic of Kyurem, I do think he is the shell of some type of Legendary or God. Maybe he was too powerful so they scooped out his insides, soul or power and turned them/it into the Godstone, that would explain his mangled appearance and use of the Ice element. But that is a bit dark for Pokemon.

I think we would be better story writers than the people at Gamefreak. Heh.

Just a random thought, but has anyone noticed how Kyurem's tail is similar to that of Reshiram? It looks like something should plug in there, like it's missing its icy "flame/generator" equivalent. He and Zekrom also seem the share the lines that span their bodies. The overall body of Kyurem seems to match that of Reshiram and Zekrom, as far as proportions go. Large head, thin neck, smaller arms with huge legs and big toes/claws. But Kyurem looks hunched over...as if he's weakened, or perhaps, burdened by the weight of the ice.

My speculation is that Kyurem was indeed the original dragon. He would have been rather magnificent; bulky, yet elegant. A crown/crest (similar to the ice helmet he has now) would be on his head, and he would have six limbs. Wings, arms, and legs (going off of his current image, which has broken wings, arms, and legs). He would have a large mist of cold air/ice billowing out from his tail, as well as a cold air/ice "mane" or sorts flowing from between the "horns" of his crest. He would be mostly grey, but with black and white accents here and there. If anyone's interested, I can try to make a sprite of this and post it here later ^^;

There is also the energy theory; electricity and heat are forms of energy. Once those energies are released, they would leave nothing. You see, cold is not "negative energy." There's no such thing as cold; there's only an extreme lack of heat. Perhaps when the two energies left the original dragon, not only did it leave him weakened, but it also left him without heat, or "frozen."

Let's compare the energy of the two dragons to "souls" of sorts. These souls are located within the being, from the inside of his body. He would have an immense amount of power flowing throughout his body when he was whole. When the two souls left him, his body "became frozen when the energy leaked out," so to speak. Now there is nothing. No soul (explains the lack of pupils...). No energy. No heat. Absolute zero.

Perhaps when the great divide happened, he was thrown into the atmosphere by the sheer force of the energy leaving him. Imagine a nuclear bomb or splitting atoms. He returned to the earth with such speed and force that the impact created a giant crater in the ground. Now poor Kyurem, the husk of a once great and powerful dragon, wanders mindlessly. He stays near the Chasm, for he knows no other home. He only leaves at night to hunt, making no distinction between human and pokemon prey. Food is food for this soulless beast.

Meanwhile, his two halves hold hands with some random human offspring and bring death and destruction to the world over silly ideals and truths.

Talk about injustice :-/

TL;DR?

Reshiram + Zekrom = Kyurem

Kyurem - Reshiram - Zekrom = Lack of heat + Zombie Kyurem

(Lack of heat = really really cold; therefore, substitute)

Really really cold + Zombie Kyurem = the Frozen Zombie Kyurem we know now

Perhaps when the Light Stone and Dark Stone are brought together, they will merge into the God Stone. When exposed to the energy of the God Stone, Kyurem will regain his former glory as the two energies return to him and return life to him. However, since the three have been separated for so long, they have actually become their own physical beings, and the energy is merely borrowed. The three need each other in order to maintain balance. If one dies, the trio becomes disproportionate and the other two would either explode, implode, or peacefully dissipate. Kyurem is merely the absence AND presence of both energies. You know, the whole yin-yang-wuji thing. The last part is mainly just to take care of the fact that Reshiram and Zekrom would have to disappear in order to properly "return" to Kyurem, and I'm sure some people would be rather irritated that their precious dragons vanished.

I'm sure that the restored Kyurem wouldn't be quite his original self. He'd have armor and accents made of ice, his crown would be close to the helmet he has now, and his wings would probably be "finished" or "fixed," seeing as they end rather abruptly now. He'd look pretty awesome with the way I see it in my head :P I'll try to at least post drawings if I can't get sprites done any time soon ^^;

(sorry if this is too long or done wrong in some form; this is my first post on this site ^^; I joined just to post this xD )

Edited by Krazinik

This is my theory. Since the discription of the Light and Dark Stones claim they are a piece of Reshiram and Zekrom's destroyed body. Point 1: How was both Reshiram and Zekrom destroyed? There is also a stone incoded into the game called the God Stone which is a grey like colour. Point 2: Is the God Stone a piece of Kyurem's destroyed body? This would explain why Kyurem looks incomplete. There are also two attacks incoded into the game that is currently unused called Ice Burn and Freeze Shock which burn and paralyze respectively. Point 3: Is this what Kyurem used to destroy Reshiram and Zekrom?

So this is how I think it went down. Kyurem (Original Forme) was split in two when the Heroes turned against each other. Reshiram and Zekrom now alined to two different sides attacked each other. During the battle Unova is being destroyed by fire and thunder. Kyurem with its last ounce of strength uses Ice Burn and Freeze Shock to stop Reshiram and Zekrom destroying Unova. After the battle all that remains is three stones: The Light Stone, The Dark Stone and The God (Grey) Stone.

This is how I think it will go down in Grey (hopefully on 3DS). At the Dragonspiral Tower (after you defeat all eight gyms) you choose whether you stand with Reshiram or Zekrom. N will aline with the one you choose not to (Note: You not catch the dragon you simply meet up with the dragon at the Castle. After defeating the league and the Castle arises from the ground you will meet up with N. But before battling with him the God Stone which you have had all this time calles to the cripled Kyurem which emerges from the Castle and is restored by the stone (Original/Restored Forme). Kyurem uses Ice Burn to defeat Zekrom and Freeze Shock to defeat Reshiram. After seeing Kyurem N will see the error of his ways and join your cause. After Reshiram and Zekrom disappear you will fight and be able to capture Kyurem (Lv50, BST: 690, ATKS: Dragon Breath, Protect, Ice Burn, Freeze Shock). Afterwards you will be challenged by Ghetis.

After defeating him and going to the end game you will later be able to capture Reshiram and Zekrom at the Dragonspiral Tower after completing a task. The task will be to journey to the Grey Mountains (Which replaces Black City/White Forest) where you will be able to find three new stones. The Yin Stone (Powers Dragon and Fire moves), The Yang Stone (Powers Dragon and Electric moves) and finally The Yuan Stone (Powers Dragon and Ice Moves). At level 100 Kyuem will learn Glaciate now has a base power of 100 as oppose to its original 65, Now has 5pp insead of 10.

I was going over this earlier on, and thought of the pokemons Resharim and Zekrom as Ying and Yang. They both fill eachother up, and have both its weakness. Together they are cool and stuff, but when its not in balance, its going out of control.. What if Kyurem is the emodiement of the balance? Ideals, truth, but whats left in this ...I have the feeling something is missing.

Then again, might have been mentioned earlier, but the eyes of the 3 pokemon seem to relate to eachother, as resharim has blue eyes, the color of Kyurem. Zekrom has red eyes, the color of Resharim, and Kyurem has Yellow eyes, the color of Zekroms Thunder. Hmm,

The fact thats its base stats are lower might indeed relate to the original dragon, but what if there was another from, and the REAL dragon has yet to be seen? What if Kyurem has the ability to shape form, like Arceus and Genesect using items?

Hey Yall :) Managed to sprite my version of a restored Kyurem. Forgive me if the image size is too large ^^;

kyurem_restored_sprite_by_akira_wishmaker-d3k50fr.png

It's a little...off as far as size goes (I think he's 80x95pixels....a little too large for the games thanks to the misty stuffs, but that can be fixed ^^; ), and he's certainly not exactly in the same style as the true sprites (Yay 100% scratch!), but hey, it's just a doodle to get an idea out :)

Any thoughts? Also, if anyone knows how I can improve this, feel free to let me know ^^;

Minor explainations: His arms are encased in Ice, with his claws exposed. He uses the ice as swords almost. Ice Blade, anyone? xD Anywho, he's covered in icy armor and strong enough to stand upright again :D Remember, this is just my own interpretation of him after his power/life is restored to him. No noticable Reshiram/Zekrom traits in this one. I'll get to work on the Great Dragon as soon as I get home from work today :3

Wow :| apparently copy/paste doesn't function correctly here anymore, But yeah...

Nicely done sprite, Krazinik, It looks great. Can't wait to see a sprite of the original dragon.

On to speculation, I wonder how Kyurem will affect the story in grey(If it's ever made). Might your childhood friend Cheren(Who seems to pursue ideals) become one of the heroes that is destined to awaken one of either Reshiram or Zekrom, Requiring the player to attain Kyurem and the Godstone to avert the second war between Reshiram and Zekrom? Even if that comes to pass, As things are now, Kyurem, and the great chasm for that matter cannot be reached until after the player defeats the Elite four and N.

In my mind, this scenario brings forth two possibilities.

1 - The awakening of Reshiram and Zekrom Stir Kyurem and Draw him from his home in search of his missing "parts".

2 - Team plasma Awaken Kyurem in order to carry out their pokemon liberation plan.

It is also possible that alternatively, Ghetsis will first awaken and capture Kyurem, all the while Searching for a second hero to awaken either one of Reshiram and Zekrom in order to restore Kyurem to his former power; thus rendering him the strongest trainer in the world.

in the event that would come to pass, The player may be forced to challenge Cheren and N, then Capture Their respective dragons to use in the fight against Ghetsis.

Of coarse, that's a long shot, but it's just an example of how how Kyurem could affect the future storyline of the proposed third version.

I think I'll go with the Arceus Theory. He's right, 649 is an odd number. I have a hunch that when the 1 dragon separated, one half was Reshiram, one half was Zekrom, and the energy left over fell in the form of an Ice Meteor. And from the Ice Meteor came Kyurem. That's why Kyurem looks incomplete. However, it still inherits part of the other two, considering the three came from the same dragon. I'm kinda expecting that the 650th Pokemon will be the original dragon, but i don't know what type it would be. Maybe Fire/Electric? Or maybe they introduce three types into the game? Or possibly it starts off as just a Dragon Type, but the Light Stone, Dark Stone and God Stone become normal items to put on the Dragon, and it changes type to Dragon/Fire, Dragon/Electric, or Dragon/Ice and it also changes colour? I don't know. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I agree. I think he should have some sort of alternate form or something exciting like Giratina because Giratina looked like a boss, and in reality, he was a boss. Although i really dont see a relationship between Kyurem, Reshiram, and Zeckrom. It seems as if Nintendo and Gamefreak are, unfortunately, just running out of ideas. Like looks at all the other regions. Kanto, Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno all made sence because the represented one another. Kanto, the god pokemon still represent theselves although i have no idea how they represent Ho-Oh and Lugia, Hoenn, Groundon, Kyoger, and Rayquaza had a real story line to it. Shinnoh, Dialga and Palkia alone showed how everything was made then Giratina came in and everything made even more sence. Unova, The "dog" pokemon dont really tell any story let alone, they dont have any resembelence besides the fact that they are all by-pedal, Reshiram, and Zeckrom are beautiful pokemon who kinda have an ok story line just could be better. I just have no idea how Kyruem is going to fit into place here.

Hey Yall :) Managed to sprite my version of a restored Kyurem. Forgive me if the image size is too large ^^;

kyurem_restored_sprite_by_akira_wishmaker-d3k50fr.png

It's a little...off as far as size goes (I think he's 80x95pixels....a little too large for the games thanks to the misty stuffs, but that can be fixed ^^; ), and he's certainly not exactly in the same style as the true sprites (Yay 100% scratch!), but hey, it's just a doodle to get an idea out :)

Any thoughts? Also, if anyone knows how I can improve this, feel free to let me know ^^;

Minor explainations: His arms are encased in Ice, with his claws exposed. He uses the ice as swords almost. Ice Blade, anyone? xD Anywho, he's covered in icy armor and strong enough to stand upright again :D Remember, this is just my own interpretation of him after his power/life is restored to him. No noticable Reshiram/Zekrom traits in this one. I'll get to work on the Great Dragon as soon as I get home from work today :3

Yes! thats really good :D now pokemon just needs to get that image in there

btw why couldnt they make Kyruem more..... full..

I believe that kyurem is the broken remains of the 1 dragon pokemon that reshiram and zekrom once were. I thought that perhaps he will only be capable of learning one of those hidden moves at a time and then with this move, and a special hold item, his type would change accordingly, if he knows ice burn he becomes dragon/fire and if he knows freeze shock he becomes dragon/electric, maybe not exactly like that but i think perhaps he will somehow have the ability to be all three type combos (dragon/ice, dragon/fire, dragon/electirc), but after the split, reshiram came off with his fire powers, zekrom came off with his electirc powers and kyurem crashed down becoming a weak shadow of his former self, losing his control of fire and electric and therefor losing his ice burn and freeze shock moves, and now he hides away in that cave waiting for a way to regain his former power and kick reshiram and zekrom's butts into next week.

or something like that.....

you might be on to something, like since the game said that Resiram and Zeckrom are incomplete without one another, maybe this is where the Kyruem factor takes its place

Edited by wraith89

• 2 weeks later...

First Post on Project Pokemon, so here goes:

My money's on the Arceus Factor. Gamefreak couldn't just state a mighty dragon and not use it in a game. And Arceus didn't show up until a while after Diamond and Pearl were released.

I also have a small theory. I installed Pokesav onto my Pokemon White ROM. Sure, I found Ice Burn and Freeze Shock, and I think the God Stone, but when I looked in the Pokemon Party Editor, there was a certain aspect that was where you could edit where you met a certain Pokemon, and a few of the locations were Pokemon Movies, leading from about Pokemon Movie 11 through to Pokemon Movie 21, roughly. So there HAS to be a 650th Pokemon out there.

I would definitely say that the things hidden in the programming, like the two moves and the God Stone, are things that Gamefreak intentionally took out for use in a sister game (Gray version?). But the exact use of these could be tricky. My own professional (in my own mind) opinion is that the God Stone would restore Kyurem to it's former self (it being the corpse of the at one time single dragon), much likethe Dark and Light Stones contained Zekrom and Reshiram. Also, since at one Kyurem could have been one entity containing both of these two, it was possibly (very stretched here) triple typed? Possibly Dragon/Fire/Lightning? And then as said before, the corpse rose with the Dragon form and Ice powers from it's descent back to Earth? So in that scenario, it could have both ultimate attacks, since they both involve ICE and Fir or Electric, which shows it's connection to the other two dragons. I love talking about this, I feel like a crackpot dispelling rumors about the JFK murder!