Kyurem: A Speculation Thread

wraith89

This might seem like a weird question but when it comes to the ability Solorbeam is the fact that the charge step is skipped when its sunny programed into the move itself or is it the weather condition? If it is the later might these moves fire off on the first turn with hail and the reason this hasn't been found out yet is that people are looking in the wrong place? Also, I hope they don't add another form that just seems lazy and makes it so you can't even battle friends with the new forms since the older version don't have the info.....

Edit: it also isn't beat up, if you look at it from behind it seems to actually be symmetrical and intact, its just the really really bad head on sprite..

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the pokedex entry on the Black version, it generates its "freezing energy" inside its body, but the energy leaks out (how, I've no idea). So, it became frozen from excessive energy production. Or something.

...I really don't know. It sounded better in my head.

(Though maybe the energy leaks out due to the fact that it is an incomplete being/the shell of the original dragon?)

It's a weather condition. When it's sunny, Solar Beam skips the charge phase and can be used in rapid succession. Weather effects also effect certain moves like so:

In Hail:

All non-Ice type Pokémon are damaged each turn

Bizzard's accuracy is increased to 100%, being able to break through Protect & Detect 25% of the time

Synthesis. Morning Sun & Moonlight recover 25% of user's HP

Pokémon with the Ice Body Ability have 1/16th of their max HP recovered each turn

Pokémon with the Snow Cloak Ability have their evasion boosted by 20%. Outside battle in 216 & 217, if head of the party, the wild encounter rate is decreased by 50%

Castform transforms into a Ice type Pokémon

The attack Weather Ball's Power doubles and becomes Ice Type

In Rain:

Water Type move's Base Power is increased by 50%

Fire Type move's Base Power is decreased by 50%

Solar Beam requires two turns of charge

Thunder's accuracy is increased to 100%, being able to break through Protect & Detect 25% of the time

Gale's accuracy is increased to 100%, being able to break through Protect & Detect 25% of the time

Pokémon with the Dry Skin Ability recovers HP every turn and 1/4 its HP when hit by a Water Attack

Pokémon with the Hydration Ability are cured from status afflictions whenever it rains

Pokémon with the Rain Dish Ability have 1/16th of their max HP recovered each turn

Pokémon with the Swift Swim Ability have their Speed raised

Castform transforms into a Water type Pokémon

The attack Weather Ball's Power doubles and becomes Water Type

In Sunny:

Fire Type move's Base Power is increased by 50%

Water Type move's Base Power is decreased by 50%

Solar Beam does not require charging

Thunder's accuracy is reduced to 50%

Gale's accuracy is reduced to 50%

Synthesis. Morning Sun & Moonlight recover 100% of user's HP

Pokémon with the Chlorophyll Ability have their Speed raised

Pokémon with the Dry Skin Ability received double damage from Fire attacks and loses HP each turn

Cherrim's Flower Gift Ability increases it's Attack & Special Attack and changes it's form

Pokémon with the Leaf Guard Ability are protected from status afflictions

Pokémon with the Solar Power Ability have their Special Attack raised but HP lowered

Castform transforms into a Fire type Pokémon

The attack Weather Ball's Power doubles and becomes Fire Type

In Sand Storm:

All non-Rock, Ground or Steel type Pokémon are damaged each turn

Rock type Pokémon's Special Defense is increased by 50%

Solar Beam power is reduced

Thunder's accuracy is reduced to 50%

Pokémon with the Sand Veil Ability have their evasion boosted by 20%. Outside battle in 111 & 228, if head of the party, the wild encounter rate is decreased by 50%

Pokémon with the Sand Strength Ability have their Ground, Steel & Rock move strength increased by one stage

The Weather Ball attack's Power doubles and becomes Rock Type

EDIT: I'm so bad. Look at me. I should be doing homework and instead I'm here talking about Pokemon. Bad me. *wristslap*

Sorry I should have been clearer that I was asking a technical question. What I was trying to say is basically this. There is something with in the programing for the move Solarbeam or in the programing for sunny weather that causes the charge stepped for Solarbeam to be skipped. I don't' know how the programing goes but I have in my head that it is something like one of these two possibilities.

Within solarbeam's code

If SunnyWeather then

Skip Charge Step And Fire Away

or within SunnyWeather's code

If Solarbeam is Used

Skip Charge Step and Fire Away

If it is the later could hail have a similar effect on them(ie Kyurem's two Ice Charge up moves) , as sunny weather does to solarbeam, thus making them not completely worthless, and the reason people aren't seeing this is that they are looking inside the moves for the trigger(ie a trigger to skip the charge phase) and not inside the weather effect. Does that make since, I am not asking about what weather does, I am asking about the structure of the programing itself with regards to solarbeam and similar moves.

IN SHORT: I have been playing pokemon from Blue and Red I understand the game, I am asking about the actually code itself and where different things might be triggered with in it.

Crappy Java Code to show what I mean, I know Pokemon isn't programed in Java and this code is horrible its just to prove a point.

public class Solarbeam implements Move{

int countDown = 1;

public int use(pokemon target, pokemon user){

if(getWeather().equals("Sunny"))

countDown = 0;

if(countDown == 0)

damage(target, 120, Grass, user);

}

}

or is it something like

public class Sunny implements Weather{

public int check(pokemon target, pokemon user, move targetMove, move userMove){

if(userMove.isInstanceOf(SolarBeam))

userMove.lowerCountDown(0);

userMove.Use(w/e);

}

}

Solarbeam does have that effect, but the two hidden moves apparently have no such effect. It is like Sky Attack; there is no way to bypass the charge turn aside from a one-time use Power Herb.

Also regarding Kyurem...

brokenwing.png

If Kyurem's non symmetry is not apparent now, I don't know what is. Broken wing... it fell on its right side :/

I saw that too when I captured it but when you look at it from behind it looks symmetrical to me. I think they just really screwed up on its drawing.

Heres what I mean from his back side

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/ea/Spr_b_5b_646.png

That or maybe in that picture his wing is supposed to be flapping down. I don't know it just seems lazy to me, and with confirmation that the two Charge Moves aren't effected by hail just confirms, for me, that he stinks of laziness....

Yeah I saw his backsprite too... but I believe the intention was to make him non-symmetrical. Meteor crashing, well, it is going to make a fracture somewhere. Kyurem looks way too damaged and it probably kept itself frozen to conserve its energy or something? I don't know... there's a reasoning behind it.

They couldn't have screwed up its drawing. It is non symmetrical in its front sprite, official artwork, and overworld. The aberrant is the back sprite as you posted, but even that is a little obscure because the other wing's size is rather covered by its tail. They had no problems making other overworlds symmetrical... why would Kyurem be any different?

Oh, and woot, just caught Kyurem. It took 13 Dusk Balls while it fainted my Unfezant and Vanilluxe and almost fainted Jellicent and Chandelure.

I don't care how they fix Kyurem, as long as he stays a Dragon/Ice type. That and I have never heard of a pokemon changing type unless it was a trait of that pokemon from the very beginning. A form change would be good yes... but a type would not be.

That is my two cents.

Shaymin changed types when it changed forms (although not its primary type), and Rotom changed its secondary Ghost typing during Gen V. And yes, I would definitely want Kyurem to stay Dragon/Ice. Without that Ice typing, I would lose all meaning to even use Kyurem.

If it matters at all I hacked Ice burn onto my Kyurem, made it hail and to no effect now trying double battle with the corresponding legendary too see if that matters at all.... also going to try using it with the 130 power moves and the Fusion moves just to test out all possibilities.

Edit 1: Neither Bolt Strike or Blue Flare had any effect trying with fusion, though this just seems futile.....

Edit 2: Fusion moves didn't work either, I guess they really are worthless.... maybe there not in game because they knew they where so terrible....

Shaymin changed types when it changed forms (although not its primary type), and Rotom changed its secondary Ghost typing during Gen V. And yes, I would definitely want Kyurem to stay Dragon/Ice. Without that Ice typing, I would lose all meaning to even use Kyurem.

As I said, unless it was a trait it already had, Shaymin and Rotom count. Though I do see we agree on the other part. :)

I still don't get why they made the moves so terrible when they gave V-create to Victini.....

180 Base Power (100% acc with his ability) and only Speed Def and SPDef down compared too 140 and 30% burn/para 90% acc with two turn set up..... There has to be something.......

Speed reduction is almost ALWAYS bad... but yeah, 180 base power is overkill pretty much. With STAB, that is 270, and resisted, that does 135 already. We are speculating a transformation item, akin to Giratina's, but it cancels out the charge effect for the holder (Kyurem). Let's just hope it works that way. Unfortunately, something in my Gamefreak skeptical heart tells me this will go very wrong...

Solarbeam does have that effect, but the two hidden moves apparently have no such effect. It is like Sky Attack; there is no way to bypass the charge turn aside from a one-time use Power Herb.

Also regarding Kyurem...

brokenwing.png

If Kyurem's non symmetry is not apparent now, I don't know what is. Broken wing... it fell on its right side :/

It fell down? DERP.

"HELP! I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP! D:"

Also: To the latest post, YOU'RE THINKING TOO HARD THIS IS SPECULATION STOP EET >:C I kid. I kid.

Hey, why does wraith double post? :bidoof: I was thinking more along the lines of he literally fell over on his side since he's a retarded chicken dragon. :P

I double post all the time. What are you saying? :bidoof:

And he's not a retarded chicken dragon :/

That's what a Tbird is.

</offtopic>

Moving along. Any other speculations of Kyurem? I want a Fusion Ice or something of that sort.

I double post all the time. What are you saying? :bidoof:

That's what a Tbird is.

</offtopic>

Moving along. Any other speculations of Kyurem? I want a Fusion Ice or something of that sort.

I'm not betting on a Fusion Ice, but something else entirely. I mean, Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare are powered up by one another.

Fusion Ice would be a little... I dunno. Kinda off if we guessed Kyurem being just a shell correctly. MY guess is he'll get some kind of ultima-esque move similar to Judgment, but in the form of Ice (Or something to that general effect) with a slight powerdown to what it WOULD have been had Kyurem been the complete Dragon.

I'm not betting on a Fusion Ice, but something else entirely. I mean, Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare are powered up by one another.

Fusion Ice would be a little... I dunno. Kinda off if we guessed Kyurem being just a shell correctly. MY guess is he'll get some kind of ultima-esque move similar to Judgment, but in the form of Ice (Or something to that general effect) with a slight powerdown to what it WOULD have been had Kyurem been the complete Dragon.

Yeah, I guess so. Though, I was thinking more of an 100 BP/100% accurate Ice move. I mean, I know Bolt and Flare are positive energies so having an Ice move of the Fusion family would be weird because Ice is seen as a negative energy of some sort. I only said it because Glaciate feels... lacking. I mean, a -2 speed drop would have been something, but it's only an Icy Wind with a slight vitamin boost. But I suppose Cold Burn and Freeze Shock is enough, and HOPEFULLY, without the charge up effects.

That's what a Tbird is.

</offtopic>

foghornx.jpg

Well I say, I say I resent that remark!

I haven't played far enough into the game to know exactly what the story is wuth Kyurem, I may aswell read the spoilers, I doubt I'll ever get around to finishing BW anyway. Though, I hazard a guess it might be the Reshiram/Zakrom "shedinja" I may be completely off, but that's my uneducated 2c.

Yeah, I guess so. Though, I was thinking more of an 100 BP/100% accurate Ice move. I mean, I know Bolt and Flare are positive energies so having an Ice move of the Fusion family would be weird because Ice is seen as a negative energy of some sort. I only said it because Glaciate feels... lacking. I mean, a -2 speed drop would have been something, but it's only an Icy Wind with a slight vitamin boost. But I suppose Cold Burn and Freeze Shock is enough, and HOPEFULLY, without the charge up effects.

That's where I'd put my money. It's the most logical, given they're both ice type moves and they share attributes of Reshiram and Zekrom's types. I mean, if the moves were something like the way Shadow Force worked, they'd be superb. :/

foghornx.jpg

Well I say, I say I resent that remark!

I haven't played far enough into the game to know exactly what the story is wuth Kyurem, I may aswell read the spoilers, I doubt I'll ever get around to finishing BW anyway. Though, I hazard a guess it might be the Reshiram/Zakrom "shedinja" I may be completely off, but that's my uneducated 2c.

Hello there Stroke-Chicken. :3

I'm a fan of the whole "walking corpse" theory. If he's wandering out to devour pokemon and people, I think he's doing it to replenish energy, and if he froze himself internally, it's definitely possible he's dead. Obviously I'd want to know why he isn't part ghost, but the dragon typing is really necessary to tie him in with Reshiram and Zekrom, if everything else wasn't enough.

On a more science-y note, Freezing things is and awesome way to preserve them. (You know, like... in a freezer :bidoof: )

What if when Reshiram and Zekrom exploded out of The ONE Dragon,The remaining pokemon was left so weakened, it used it's little remaining energy to freeze itself in a solid chunk of ice (which is what meteors are usually made of) and when it fell to earth, creating the chasm, the chunk of ice shattering, damaging its body so it was unable to fly. It devoured nearby pokemon, who eventually learned to hide from it (explaining why the Chasm isn't empty) and gained enough strength to wander out and begin feeding on the nearby village. If it was an animated corpse, it would explain the need to keep itself frozen. Cryogenics.

I'd really like to see another form, possible one with an ability or item to ignore charging.