The man behind the face of Theodore Daconus

Theodore Daconus

First off I would just like to say that I hold both Dragon and Steel type as being among my favorite type, though I put just Dragon. Second I have played the old school Pokemon games much more then the newer ones. (R/B/Y/G/S) I am a fan of Pokemon though I have not watched the tv series for a long time, though I do keep up with the movies.

I have an avid reader, and a huge bookworm. I can never pass up a good story. :)

I have started a bit of writing, but I have far more story and character 'ideas' then I do chapters. I am (if possible) an even bigger fan of anime and manga then I am of reading in general. One of my top favorite manga is Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle, and I feel if will remain such for a while (I would recommend the series to everyone here).

If you want to know more about me just ask.

Dragons are indeed pretty cool. I was rather in the obscure about it in Gen I though, only because the only dragons I've seen were Dratini, Dragonair, and Dragonite, and the only Dragon attack was Dragon Rage, which did not indicate what type of coverage dragons had to offer. Sad thing is, I never appreciated Dragonite enough until Generation IV. Now it happens to be my favourite dragon. I stopped watching television shows as well sometime in the middle of Johto. The Kanto series does make up the majority of my memories though. RBYGSC are indeed awesome and nostalgia has a lot to offer, one thing being adventure, despite the lack of features and whatnot. I like Steel types too but I was raging when nothing seemed very effective on Steels back in GSC. Ha ha.

Books are indeed amazing. Though I do not really like manga or anime, it's rather nice to see that some people still hold on to books and literature. It seems we do have a lot in common and it would be great to get to know each other as well. Welcome to Project Pokemon.

Thank very much for the welcome. :)

Also, thank you for pointing out the error I had on move-sets. I was wondering though what you think of my idea and of my Pokemon persona Theodore Draconus? Any advice you would give on his Dragons of Legend team or any of my other teams?

I always preferred the look of Dragonair over Dragonite interestingly, that and I feel that adding flying to the mix is more of a disadvantage then a benefit. Heck it caused the ice moves that dragons were already weak to to be even stronger against Dragonite. Lol, yes Steel type was, and still is to some degree, very strong defensively. Which is why Dialga is among my favorite Legendarys, as it combines two of my favorite types (and looks cooler then Palkia I think).

Have you read the Warriors, Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, Pendragon, and Keys to the Kingdom series?

I don't have much to offer on competitive battling these days, sorry. However, if I ever get to read your thing in-depth, I can perhaps show you some things.

Dragonair to Dragonite evolution is one of the many mysterious things in Pokemon. Seriously, something as elegant as Dragonair becomes this orange Barney-esque monster? Ah well, Dragonite is still cute and all, but I still find it strange. Adding Flying to the typing? It's not all that bad actually. This allows Dragonite to be immune to Earthquake, the most used and one of the most widespread moves in the entire metagame, and it gives a handy resistance to Fighting, a very POPULAR attacking type. If anything, Dragonite actually has the stats to survive an Ice Beam, unlike the likes of Salamence and many of the other dragons. Its new move Hurricane also gets STAB from its Flying type, allowing it to deal incredible damage to Pokemon more than it would without the Flying. The Flying type DOES add Rock to its weaknesses, which is unfortunate, and doubles its weakness to Ice and steals its Electric resistance, but it does have its pros and cons. I think the Flying was there to add balance to an otherwise scary monster (Haxorus on the other hand >_>)

I've read Lord of the Rings and Chronicles of Narnia from the things you have listed. I used to be a fan of those when I was in my teenage years but my religious convictions tells me otherwise, but I will not get there for now. They are pretty remarkable work of literature though.

Nice to meet you. I'm one of competitive battlers here at PP, and I'd look at your teams, but I don't really see them. Are they linked here or something? O.o

Also, of the books you've listed, I've read them all, if I'm correct in saying that the Keys to the Kingdom series is that set by Garth Nix with the Morrow Days and whatnot?

Nice to meet you. I'm one of competitive battlers here at PP, and I'd look at your teams, but I don't really see them. Are they linked here or something? O.o

Also, of the books you've listed, I've read them all, if I'm correct in saying that the Keys to the Kingdom series is that set by Garth Nix with the Morrow Days and whatnot?

The link to my teams is here, as well as information on Theodore Daconus: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?71-Competitive-Battling-Discussion

Hmm, I'm not sure what you are asking. Yes Arthur Penhaligon must fight the Morrow Days, that series. Also, I have read every book of the series but the last one, Lord Sunday.

Edited by Theodore Daconus

Who is Bobby? Also if you mean that Theodore Daconus' "final" team is not competitive because they are all legendary I can see why you could say this, yet at the same time (at least I hope, as is wouldn't be fun otherwise) I do plan on his team being defeated by someone. My other non-legendary teams though should be competitive, just that they need work. There should be three.

A' somewhat' more complete list of books I have read: Warrior Cats series, Guardians of GaHooele series, Pendragon series, Keys to the Kingdom series, Harry Potter series, Lord of the Rings series, Redwall series, Last Dragon Chronicles series, The Tales of Alvin Maker series, Ender's Game series, The Sisters Grimm series, Fablehaven series, Ravenspell series, Little House on the Prairie series, The Lost Years of Merlin series, Vampirates series, The Myth Adventures of Aahz and Skeeve series, My Side of the Mountain series, Hatchet series, Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, Watership Down, Le Morte d'Arthur, More than Human, Balook, White Fang, Call of the Wild, Dracula, Frankenstein, The Hunchback of Notre Dome, Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Finn, Gulliver's Travels, and so many more...

Who is Bobby? Also if you mean that Theodore Daconus' "final" team is not competitive because they are all legendary I can see why you could say this, yet at the same time (at least I hope, as is wouldn't be fun otherwise) I do plan on his team being defeated by someone. My other non-legendary teams though should be competitive, just that they need work. There should be three.

Sorry for the confusion. Bobby = Gin. Don't mind me.

The world of competitive battling is a different matter than you think... not because you have legendaries and all but... well, I do not show my face often in the competitive scene as I used to, so it is best you ask Gin. Though I do have a lot to say, but I will post later.

I play competitively based on my own imaginations too, yes. In fact, they are mostly themed and try to cover every weaknesses they can possibly face. As for mono Dragons, I'm not so sure about its viability overall. Dragons are the scariest type offensively, and many of us know that, but it leaves you open to a lot of weaknesses.

Sorry for the confusion. Bobby = Gin. Don't mind me.

The world of competitive battling is a different matter than you think... not because you have legendaries and all but... well, I do not show my face often in the competitive scene as I used to, so it is best you ask Gin. Though I do have a lot to say, but I will post later.

Ah, okay. lol, I was wonder who Bobby was. Also, like I said in my first post to you, I have mostly just played the games. I never really got the chance to battle with others. Hence why i am asking for help.

Hello there, Theodore Daconus! :)

Since you are/were into the old Pokémon Games, I had to come up with some random quote of those games... but it does not seem to happen right now. ^^ Welcome here, I hope you enjoy it a bit (I've already seen some posts from you more early this week). Beside reading books, what kind of music do you (frequently) listen to? And do you have some favourite artists? I do not have some useful things to say about books, because the only interesting things I've ever read are Sartre and Camus... but it does not seem you are reading that kind of books. Well, it doesn't matter. Oh, and, Dragonair really is cute. :)

Bye for now!

Hello there, Theodore Daconus! :)

Since you are/were into the old Pokémon Games, I had to come up with some random quote of those games... but it does not seem to happen right now. ^^ Welcome here, I hope you enjoy it a bit (I've already seen some posts from you more early this week). Beside reading books, what kind of music do you (frequently) listen to? And do you have some favourite artists? I do not have some useful things to say about books, because the only interesting things I've ever read are Sartre and Camus... but it does not seem you are reading that kind of books. Well, it doesn't matter. Oh, and, Dragonair really is cute. :)

Bye for now!

Thank you Sunny :)

I am still into the games, if I wasn't I wouldn't be working to put a few teams together. I also still have a fondness for the old games. On music and favorite artist, here is a list: Josh Groban, Celtic Woman, Kenny G, Yanni, Micheal Jackson, Mannheim Steamroller, John Williams, Classical, Folk Music, Soundtracks, Pop, Classic Rock, Rock Operas. Though I actually have favorites from all genres apart from Rap and the 'heavier' Rocks.

Hmm, philosophy huh. To be honest I find such subject very interesting, but... well I have always found most philosophies to be too complex or to use terms or expressions that I don't understand. I am interested in the Taoism philosophy though and understand it, does that count?

A quote from Red and Blue... "What's my grandson's name again?" :)

Hmm, philosophy huh. To be honest I find such subject very interesting, but... well I have always found most philosophies to be too complex or to use terms or expressions that I don't understand. I am interested in the Taoism philosophy though and understand it, does that count?

To be honest, philosophy isn't also my kind of thing, mostly it's too complex for me too. But reading books, those 'normal romans' especially, will sometimes be more comprehensible than the thoughts of a certain philosopher an sich. To be more precise, I read those books: 'L'étranger' (of Camus) and 'Les jeux sont faits' (the one of Sartre). They have blend their philosophy in a normal story in those books and I found it very appealing! Maybe that kind of books are also more suitable for you? Oh and, about Taoism, I do not know anything about it, but I am sure it will count, too. :)

That list of artists and genres are interesting, too! Do you also like the soundtracks of the Pokémon games (or did you mean soundtracks of films and the such)?

A quote from Red and Blue... "What's my grandson's name again?"

Yeah, that is a good quote, but I do not think I want to say something like that as a greeting. xD Unless the answer is 'Theodore Daconus'! It gets me wondering... where did that name come from?

Maybe that kind of books are also more suitable for you? Oh and, about Taoism, I do not know anything about it, but I am sure it will count, too. :)

That list of artists and genres are interesting, too! Do you also like the soundtracks of the Pokémon games (or did you mean soundtracks of films and the such)?

Yeah, that is a good quote, but I do not think I want to say something like that as a greeting. xD Unless the answer is 'Theodore Daconus'! It gets me wondering... where did that name come from?

Perhaps, though from the titles the books seem to be not in English, that and I have no clue what the books are about. Can you give me some links by chance?

Admittingly Taoism is more of a religious philosophy, and I was lead to understand the subject because of a book called the "Tao of Pooh", though I looked into it more when I was finished reading it.

Soundtracks from movies and games :) Though I have never come upon soundtracks for the Pokemon games.

On the name Theodore Draconus, it actually just came to when when I started first considering the idea of 'a man that was obsessed with dragon Pokemon and wanted to capture the Dragons of Legend' into my head, though I did want his name to be dragon related (thus Draconus). That and I wanted it to sound like a name mysterious gentleman would have.

Wait... dang I forgot the 'r', how did I do that.

Sign, well it is to late to change it now.