Poké Transfer

KazoWAR

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you forget to extract the table.tbl file? it should have come with the program. it is needed to convert nicknames and OT names to Unicode.

Well, that solved the problem. Table.tbl was elsewhere in the folder. Thank you.

oowhh, really ??

cause non of my pokemon keep their ribbons with me right now, i'll try to double check it later Kazo :)

EDIT : problem found.

It's all Pokegen's fault that the Ribbons is beeing Wiped Out.

It appears right if we just load the .pkm to the game, but the next time we load the save data with Pokegen, all the Ribbons is wiped out >.<

I wonder if it is natural for generations 5 pokemon doesn't have ribbons or what ??

Has this been resolved with the newest version of PokeGen? :)

I did not understand I eat to use poke transfer. later that vc get the archive pkm with the extension _transfered what I must make to capture it in the game of the fifth generation? they can place a tutorial one step by step of as to use poke transfer?

FYI to everyone, if you are transferring pokes with names that have special symbols (not letters/numbers), it will NOT translate the text properly.

I was able to transfer a Time Square Shaymin just fine.

Or do you mean it would look fine on the outside, but would actually be wrong on the inside?

well i am using a program called pokesav and i create pokemons with their original english name,but when i am using the program to transfer them from 4g to 5g,it also changes the name of the pokemon,and trainer's name,to japanese.......is there any solution?????

FYI to everyone, if you are transferring pokes with names that have special symbols (not letters/numbers), it will NOT translate the text properly.

it should do special characters fine, unless i used the wrong tbl file when i zipped up the program.

*EDIT*

Just downloaded the program from the attachment and tested a Pokemon with special characters in its name and it translated the name perfectly fine.

Ekans_Transfered.png

It's not totally correct, for instance this won't work for japanese special symbols (which are different from the half-width english ones, and should be translated differently), also you don't translate ♂ (replaced with B?) and ♀ (replaced with japanese full-width ♀) correctly.

I included a lot of details about special characters in the Wiki page on B/W data structure to help you fix the problems.

Also, as a side note, I think this is exactly why PokéTransfer is region-locked. Character translation is different in games with short (i.e. japanese) and long names.

I don't have what it takes to test it on a real system but from what I saw in the gen5 charset the correct Table.tbl file you want is this.

I may have missed some errors however so make sure to test it on everything you can. I also didn't fix the wrong translations of characters that can't be used in names.

Table.tbl.zip

Table.tbl.zip

I have already fixed the Table.tbl file, I am just waiting for someone to transfer those nidorans for me to see if it uses the Gender symbols that is in the name in screens, or if there is special one that matches the ones form 4th gen.

English 4th gen nidoran when transferred uses the gender symbol found in the Japanese game since it matches, not the smaller ones used in the B/W name in screen, this may be true for Japanese nidoran as well, there could be a special character that is used for the old 4th gen Japanese gender symbols.

In all the pokemon I've created/transferred it was just a cookie cutter method and some worked some didn't.

I've been getting pokemon met at lv. 105 after using transfer.

Before - [ATTACH]8072[/ATTACH]

After - [ATTACH]8073[/ATTACH]

Also getting boxes in the OT.

Before - [ATTACH]8074[/ATTACH]

After- [ATTACH]8075[/ATTACH]

Edit* Added another issue I came across.

Your Lucario has 1250000 exp while it only needs 1059860 exp to reach level 100.

and your Groudon's OT name has a bunch of white spaces in front of the name

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Program was updated to V1.0b

nice work.. I'll like to know how does it handle held items and hm moves? As pokemon with these cannot be transfer over to 5g.

What are some of the known bugs in version 1.0? If you need help, do pm me.

Thanks.

Items and most HMs are removed.

Hey, found a .pkm that doesn't go through for some reason, thought I'd share it.

Don't care if it's transferred, just contributing.

It has 1250000 exp but max is 600000. It was causing the program to go in to an infinite loop, I fixed it in V1.0b