Pokegen Pokedex issue

Krumweede

I use Pokegen to get pokemon without training them but their data isn't entered into the Pokedex. I tried clicking the check for Pokedex under code generator but I think the file became too big. Is there anyway around this or will my Pokedex be incomplete?

• 4 weeks later...
I have the same problem, however spliting the code is not helping me at all >.>

It doesn't sound like it's going to matter, but did you actually apply the button activator line to each one? If you didn't, they're just going to be writing non-stop from the second the game ROM is loaded, which can cause problems.

It doesn't sound like it's going to matter, but did you actually apply the button activator line to each one? If you didn't, they're just going to be writing non-stop from the second the game ROM is loaded, which can cause problems.

No I didn't, can you give me the button activator line so I can add it? and would I add it to the begining of the code/s? also where should I split the code at? (at 10/20/30/etc lines?) would be much appreciated. Since I'm slowly losing my sanity SRing for a shiny Snivy... >.>

Sorry I'm new to pokegen lol

Edited by Lynxx

The first line of all codes generated by PokeGen is the button code. The last line of all PokeGen codes is a closure kind of thing. Split the Pokedex code up into at least 3 segments and place each segment between copies of those two lines. I don't know if that'll solve the problem of freezing though.

well I'll give it a shot Right now, and see if that fixes the problem.

EDIT: well I tried the code split into 3, and that didn't fix it, tried it split into 4 that didn't work either, then i tried it split into 17 (22 lines for each part) and that didn't work either...>.>

any possibility that pokegen is generating the code incorrectly for the pokedex?

Edited by Lynxx
Update

any possibility that pokegen is generating the code incorrectly for the pokedex?

Yes, but it most likely wouldn't be wrong in a way that would cause the AR to freeze. One more thing you might want to try is removing all of the lines (they're only at the beginning) that don't start with 0, 1, or 2. However, keep the first (starting with 9) line and the very last (starting with D2).

• 2 months later...

I know this is a couple months past, but I've been really wanting to be able to use the Dex code too, since the standard one is just an All-fill (which, as we now know, blocks the PGL by having the last three entries), which is fixed by the All-empty code.

Anyway. I was wondering: perhaps Lynxx is doing it not quite correctly? As I understand it, the problem is that too many lines of code are being input all at once for the AR (it's the same as doing codes through Gecko for Smash Bros. Brawl, only there is an easy fix for that).

Is it possible that the code needs to be split up and then each segment activated completely separately from the others? However, I'd think that means you'd have to find the point where a portion of the code comes to a proper end so you don't cut off part of any entry. Of course, that's assuming that the code generates the data on an entry to entry basis, in which case it wouldn't be so huge to just do one entry at a time. However, even that is humongous... is that because it is telling the rest of the Dex to be empty perhaps?

I think it would help a lot if we understood how the code is generated in the first place... is it possible Codr could let us know?

Sorry for bothering you.

edit: I can confirm that you can't break the code into parts (at least, not in any way that's easy to divide).

So, I figured I'd just take a look at the code itself and try to figure it out:

-The code generated is 343 lines long, regardless of what you want to have it generate. I guess that's the whole set of Dex data.

-The left half (first set of 8 digits) are complete matches for each code variant. The right half (second set of 8 digits) is where the actual changes to the Dex are identified.

-There are several "segments" in the code, which I will list as I suspect them to be, as well as what I suspect they designate to be affected:

--Line 001: "Trigger" (Whatever you set the code's trigger button(s) to be)

--Lines 002-009: "Features" (Obtained, National, Search/Form Viewer)

-I'm pretty certain this is accurate, as it's the only difference between a code with/without those on/off. (In other words, don't just remove them, unless you don't have the Pokedex yet.)

--Lines 010-031: (Last line relates to Keldeo, Meloetta, & Genosect, hence the section break.)

--Lines 032-052: (Last line relates to Keldeo, Meloetta, & Genosect, hence the section break.)

--Lines 053-094: (Last line relates to Keldeo, Meloetta, & Genosect, hence the section break.)

--Lines 095-136: (Last line relates to Keldeo, Meloetta, & Genosect, hence the section break.)

--Lines 137-154: (It's mostly "00000000", though the it has some numbers throughout.)

--Lines 155-199: (No idea; it's ALWAYS "00000000" here.)

--Lines 200-220: (I have no idea. It's ALWAYS "00000000" here.)

--Lines 221-327: (Again, no idea. I didn't test much here, but it looks like it might either always be "00000000" or "FFFFFFFF"; I didn't see any change with Keldeo, Meloetta, & Genosect turned off.)

--Lines 328-342: (Beats me. It DOES has some direct relation to which Pokemon are selected however, since it was different with Keldeo, Meloetta, & Genosect turned off.)

--Line 343: "Finish Line" (As described by Codr")

Note: Lines 010-342: If it's an empty Dex, it will be "******** 00000000" for the rest of the whole code.

I tested by creating three codes:

-one with EVERYTHING completely unlocked

-one with everything completely unlocked except for Keldeo, Meloetta, & Genosect

-one with NOTHING unlocked whatsoever.

Each had the same trigger (Select) and target game/region (Black/Japan)

Sorry if this was a big waste of your time to read, but I had fun putting this together. >_<;

Edited by jariesuicune

• 11 months later...
I use Pokegen to get pokemon without training them but their data isn't entered into the Pokedex. I tried clicking the check for Pokedex under code generator but I think the file became too big. Is there anyway around this or will my Pokedex be incomplete?

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?11703-B-amp-W-Have-pokemon-no-pokedex-data

FINALLY! regardless of whether or not i'm "Late", it should still be on record. To get rid of this little glitch you need to sort of "jump start" your pokedex, by way of egg hatching the pokemon, or going to the day care lady, dropping your pokemon off, walking outside, then going back in and picking them up.

There's absolutely no need to do anything like that, considering PokeGen can flag everything necessary related to the Pokedex. The codes are short enough to work on AR hardware as well.

not trying to sound like a jerk, but why couldn't it "flag" the squirtle i wanted before, but after taking that said squirtle to the day care the information popped up in the pokedex?

• 2 weeks later...
Was there a procedure, that if missed, would cause a pokedex to not read a pokemon created by PokeGen?

if you're using pokegen without codes (means sav editing),

You can simply view the data of your pokemon, then right click and set onto a box space or party. Upon setting your data will be entered into the pokedex

To do this however, under options, you must have the "Update pokedex on set" ticked.