We all know that. Serebii himself did not hack anything, but others did and they informed him about the Celebi Event being changed from capturing one, to requiring one for the new shrine event.

Just because Serebii himself is not THAT techno savvy doesn't mean he doesn't have some reliable informants.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty depressing that no GS Ball was found in the game's programming... but we have to stay optimistic! Maybe the Rock Capsule has something to do with it. Hypothetically, is it possible to download an item that wasn't originally in a game's programming? Isn't that what they do with downloadable content for the PS3, or am I way off? Maybe a Pal Park Ball will somehow be worked into an event. I originally hoped that the time machine from G/S/C would make a return, and an event involving getting a gold and silver Poké Ball sent to you through it with using an event would solve this. Unfortunately, Pal Park came back instead. I think they only excluded the GS Ball to not remind the people who watch the anime, not that anyone's forgotten. That, or they wanted it to be like the originals, while including only some features from their third games, just like FR/LG. Did anyone check the game's RAM for a possible Celebi event, or have they all been found?

You are correct with the download content bit, but you have to consider the fact that the PS3 has a hard drive to which it can store this extra downloaded information, unlike the DS.

Anyway, Most of the games internal data has been checked for any events with specific text that relates to anything special, and everything "special" has been found. Now there may be a minuscule chance that the Celebi event is in as long as the text for the event is the same as a normal wild encounter, ie. "A wild Celebi attacked", and there is no extra dialogue. Otherwise, the options are slim and none.

We all know that. Serebii himself did not hack anything, but others did and they informed him about the Celebi Event being changed from capturing one, to requiring one for the new shrine event.

Just because Serebii himself is not THAT techno savvy doesn't mean he doesn't have some reliable informants.

Serebii doesn't like techno; I can assure you.

Chalk it up to regional barriers then. 'cause around here, unless you are using tech to describe something specific (ie. a computer would be tech, you call for tech support, etc.), then techno is often substituted. (ie. techno geek, techno literate, techno savvy, etc.)

Don't ask why, its just what I grew up with.

surely celebi is the rarest of all pokemon, ok arceus is really but arceus is new and has had a huge event already, its still going i think, jirachi is actually very common due to that bonus disc and other releases, mew has been released loads of times now, deoxys has had various in game appearances and been given away at events, the new legends are being handed out all the time, lugia and ho oh have shown up quite a lot, i know celebi has been released a few times as well but 100% real celebis seem very hard to come by, europe didnt get the event item in gen 2 (i think), maybe gamefreak want celebi to remain very rare and only roll out a few celebi hand outs later while the new games are still popular.

thats probably why an event has been put into the game that needs a FE celebi, they plan on releasing a few soon obviously.

looks like no in game, soft reset-able celebis. :(

Chalk it up to regional barriers then. 'cause around here, unless you are using tech to describe something specific (ie. a computer would be tech, you call for tech support, etc.), then techno is often substituted. (ie. techno geek, techno literate, techno savvy, etc.)

Don't ask why, its just what I grew up with.

I've never heard it regarded as that in my life.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I don't know. Wasn't the GS ball only available in Crystal? If this is indeed a remake, they might not include it and go the lazy way and make it an almost LITERAL remake like FR/LG (lol at Golbat evolving to a Question Mark). But I'm hoping there will be some way to get Celebi legit...

the new movie is going to release the movie celebi than with that you can trigger the celebi event

that let us get one

I don't it will be for these versions. Most probably there will be a crystal version(what might it be if there's already a heart and soul.....hmmmmmm) and gamefreak will be all greedy again and make the celebi event exclusive(duh). thank you pokesav.

• 2 months later...
I don't think Serebii knows how to do that.... But he did find out there was a Celebi event that you do not catch. Serebii just had a friend hack him a Celebi with the fateful encounter flag checked so it would activate a certain shrine event. I'm gonna put the rest in a spoiler, click at your own risk of spoilage.

Nintendo will give out a Celebi event that you must take to the shrine following you. Katone will come over and then Celebi floats in the air and takes you three years back in time. You see Silver arguing with his dad, Giovanni. Celebi then takes you to a cave with Giovanni and a radio inside. You battle Giovanni and then he tells you that you remind him of someone who took him down three years ago. Celebi takes you back to the present and that's the end of the event.

Wait a second, that can't be right.

If you are brought back 3 years in the past, that would be right after Giovanni was defeated. So he can't say "You remind me of this kid who took me down three years ago".

Also, I'm kind of disappointed with no way to catch Celebi. I'm sick of not being able to nickname my legendaries.