Well if they use the GS ball like the classic ribbon where you can't trade it over the GTS, but instead to non-HG/SS games by just trading. This might be an interesting way of keeping the ball in just HG/SS games and not D/P/Pt.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Gamefreak is going out of their way to make a lot of things unable to be traded lately, like the Griseous Orb and Origin Giratina as well as the Rotom forms and their items in Platinum, and more recently the announcement that the Jagged Ear Pichu can't be traded. I'm starting to think there wont be any reason to worry about the Apricorn Balls, as they probably won't let them be traded.

The GS Ball won't be a Pokeball to catch anything in though. Its supposedly made of a Rainbow and Silver wing to put forth an energy to summon Celebi, but there is no proof of that in game. If its introduced it will only be a key item, and unable to be traded anyway.

I don't think it's a matter of them deliberately keeping the "special" things on the latest game, but a fact that the data for new forms and items just aren't present on Diamond or Pearl.

And since the Jagged-ear Pichu is not programmed into DPP, it only makes sense that it can't be traded... although I'm not sure why it can't be traded to other HGSS games... maybe cause there's only just one and it's that special...

But the new forms can't even be traded between Platinum games. Rotom jumps from its item (and it magically returns to the lab O.o), the Griseous Orb returns to the bag, and the Gracidea is a Key Item anyway. So unless they provide the 7 items within HGSS, we won't be seeing those forms (without hacking).

Now they are doing it with HGSS. the JE Pichu can't be traded, even between the remakes themselves. I'm sure there will be HGSS exclusive items, Rage Candy Bars? Apricorns? Now I'm not saying these mass items, so much unlike the "one of a kind" Griseous Orb will be unable to be traded between HG and SS, but there is a chance any important normal items may not be able to.

Just seems like a new trend. I really do hope I'm wrong though.

The GS Ball was a Crystal exclusive and only available in Japan, so the event IS going to turn out like the Rotom Secret Key event and Held over Wifi for Japan first, then USA, eventually Korea and what not.

There is a VERY VERY High chance that the GS Ball is in Pokemon HeartGold and Soul Silver, because

HG and SS= ALL Crystal features and MUCH more.

I'm not too concerned about the GS Ball, but what I foresee is a Wi-Fi event where you receive the GS Ball or something to trade with Kurt, and the GS Ball is in fact a key item, which would solve all the nitpicking, and you could catch Celebi with one of your own balls.

Would seem sensible to me anyway.

Dante is right, we HAVE talked about this before.

But how do you know THIS?

Well, Crystal didn't have a whole lot of features to begin with:

Sub plot with Suicune and Eusuine

Animated Spirtes

Gender Change

Unown

Battle tower

and we Already know 4/5 are those are confirmed

(battle tower not confirmed, High chance, not confirmed however).

Subplot is confirmed:

Check the map of Johto pictures with Raikou, and Entai, and you can see there is No Suicune, Im not jumping to conclusions but Eusuine's purpose and only purpose is to get you involved with Suicune and if he wasn't in the game, then Suicune wouldn't even be a part in the story, so YES Suicune is going to be a part of the story.

We already knew that too... Though there is no evidence to the extra Unown parts yet, but I don't doubt they will be in. And the Battle Tower was confirmed as well, as we have been able to Photoshop the Johto map art and reveal the tower under the coulds at Olivine. The tower may have extras and changes, but its there.

thay might have it in game and do like ther doing with arceus <-if i spelled it right and give it in a event with moves that it dont normaly know and leave off the gs ball

as for why it stayed in japan in 1st place thay only gave it out throw a pokemon cell phone sevice thing wich failed rather fast so thay scrapt the event in game :frown: all in all i hope that thay bring it out in event so i can have a legit shiny celebi :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

I think we'll see the GS ball, as I've stated before. This game seems to be taking a time machine approach to things if you catch my drift. While I understand the upset that would happen if you had to time machine them over it makes a lot more sense then "the normal Pokeball you're Pichu's in won't trade because.... umm.... it had AIDS, that's it yah the Pokeball has AIDS and now you do too so some of your Pokemon won't trade!"

• 2 weeks later...

Like Z Master sai, I think it'll be a Key Item events, much like Oak's Letter, the Member's Card, etc. It'd make the most sense out of everything else. HOWEVER, if they did indeed reintroduce the GS Ball as an actual pokeball that can be used to capture pokemon, I believe I would be speaking for the better majority of people when I say, "I would dance around like a little girl for days." That being said, if it was introduced as a useable pokeball, would it have any special effect? Would it only be useable on Celebi? Would it be as useful as a Master Ball? Or would it be like a normal Pokeball on everything else? All these questions and more at 11PM.

Edited by Guested
mildly inappropriate content

I doubt it'll happen, but do you think they should? I mean we all know the original plot that they wanted to use for it and how they just dropped it. Questions and speculation will in fact pop up once again about it now that Heart Gold and Soul Silver have been confirmed.

They should reintroduce this side quest as a Mystery Gift Wi-Fi distribution, similar to the Secret Key and the Member's Card. Celebi and it's charming side quest has been shoved under the table long enough. There is no problem with allowing people to encounter Celebi.

Heck! The shrine is even in an official screenshot!

I agree that they should distribute the GS Ball (or some kind of Celebi event unlocking thing), whether via Wi-Fi, local wireless, or both. Will they? Maybe. Maybe they'll just distribute Celebi as a straight PKM download.

It is interesting that the Jagged-Ear Pichu event takes place at the Ilex Shrine... but it may not be foreshadowing something else.

• 4 weeks later...

We knew there would be a Celebi, every generation has its event legendary given out at some point. It was just a question of if the Celebi would be given directly by Nintendo, or if there was an item that would unlock an encounter in game for the Pokemon, like how Arceus, Shaymin, and Darkrai have.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think Serebii knows how to do that.... But he did find out there was a Celebi event that you do not catch. Serebii just had a friend hack him a Celebi with the fateful encounter flag checked so it would activate a certain shrine event. I'm gonna put the rest in a spoiler, click at your own risk of spoilage.

Nintendo will give out a Celebi event that you must take to the shrine following you. Katone will come over and then Celebi floats in the air and takes you three years back in time. You see Silver arguing with his dad, Giovanni. Celebi then takes you to a cave with Giovanni and a radio inside. You battle Giovanni and then he tells you that you remind him of someone who took him down three years ago. Celebi takes you back to the present and that's the end of the event.