Generating Gen V PIDs From Scratch?

SteveBob

So, I've been using Acanto's Guide (which is awesome btw :) ) but it's got me wondering about something.

If it's true that Gen V PIDs only relate to gender, ability and shininess then does that mean something like a Legendary could theoretically have any PID you wanted and still be legal if you don't care about shininess?

I mean, they have no gender and usually only one ability (other than the hidden one) so they can be either type/class.

Does this mean I could pretty much put in a PID like 777777777 (which comes out as an 8 digit hex code and seems to conform to the rules in Acanto's Guide) and still have the game think it's perfectly legal or is it just wishful thinking? :P

So, I've been using Acanto's Guide (which is awesome btw :) ) but it's got me wondering about something.

If it's true that Gen V PIDs only relate to gender, ability and shininess then does that mean something like a Legendary could theoretically have any PID you wanted and still be legal if you don't care about shininess?

I mean, they have no gender and usually only one ability (other than the hidden one) so they can be either type/class.

Does this mean I could pretty much put in a PID like 777777777 (which comes out as an 8 digit hex code and seems to conform to the rules in Acanto's Guide) and still have the game think it's perfectly legal or is it just wishful thinking? :P

Yes Lol. I did a 1234567890 and 0123456789. I didn't test it out but It does give you an Ability, Gender, and Shinyness so I don't see why it shouldn't.