Heart Gold & Soul Silver - Good Names?

Fallen

With the recent confirmation of the long awaited Pokemon Gold and Silver remakes a question came to my mind when they announced the names, are they good names?

Fire Red and Leaf Green go very well together, but Heart Gold and Soul Silver? I get the Heart Gold cause people say you have a heart of gold sometimes, but Soul Silver?

Your thoughts?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was fantasizing for a G/S remake, I always thought of "Glimmering Gold" and "Sterling Silver". But that just sounds really feminine now that I think about it. Of course, it doesn't get much more feminine than "Diamond" and "Pearl".

Whatever, I'll play them anyway. x]

Johto is the best region of them all, hands down.

I believe it has somethin' to do with the plot, Lax? It just doesn't seem like it would make sense without the names tying in with the plot, Lax? Maybe they'll make it so that the Heart Gold and Soul Silver will be the things that unlock Ho-oh and Lugia instead of the wings, Lax?

Munch Bro Squintin': Genius boss! You always know what tuh say, Squint?

Munch Bro Alert: Perhaps it is just the Japanese being strange in the way they use English words, Hey?

The Snore: Yeah, dat makes cents boss! Alert, as usual, you're bein' stupid! ... Hey! I made it tru the entire message withou... *Snore*... dang it... Oh well, Snore?

I actually like the names, the names fit quite well in my opinion, soul silver as in Lugia has a slightly silver color to it, while soul, it requires soul to capture Lugia? yeah that sounds cheesy, but Pokemon itself is cheesy, and most Anime are cheesy, Dragonball Z I'm looking at your direction.

I liked Soul Silver. :<

Heart Gold seemed to cheesy for me. It just reminded me of Kingdom Hearts, and I never liked that game. :/

Heart of Gold anyone? I guess that's what it's after... you need a pure heart to see Ho-oh or something. Soul Silver sounds nice though :)

Heart... Soul... what next? Mind Crystal? :P

Since I already played Gold, I think I'll get Soul Silver.

<--- Clicky

@ PokeDaemon... What the hell?

@ Everyone else... I guess I sort of like it. It comes down to if we can associate Ho-oh with Heart and Lugia with Soul. I can do it with Ho-oh I guess (He revived three dead Pokemon and turned them into demi-gods, just because they resided in Ho-oh's tower. Maybe they tried to help stop the flames, I dunno). Also, Ho-oh flies around the world seeking trainers with pure hearts.

I associate Lugia more with... water... and whirlpools... What does Lugia do again?

Heart of Gold anyone? I guess that's what it's after... you need a pure heart to see Ho-oh or something. Soul Silver sounds nice though :)

Heart... Soul... what next? Mind Crystal? :P

Since I already played Gold, I think I'll get Soul Silver.

<--- Clicky

I was actually talking about the Mind Crystal thing with a friend earlier.xD But Suicune doesn't really have anything to do with the mind. It purifies lakes and stuff... Hm.

And yeah, I was also a bit iffy over the fact that it doesn't follow the previous naming conventions much. Sterling Silver makes since. White Gold and Sterling Silver?xD

I like the names especially Soul Silver (welp I like more Silver Soul)

And I thought they would use the name ... I don't know... Golden Sun or something... wait... there is a Golden sun... oh the memories

Sunny Gold and Moonlight Silver sounds better. At least to me it does. But still I can live with these names. I'm just glad there's going to be a remake.

Sunny Gold is a bit cheesy. Moonlight Silver sounds decent though. I'm ok with the names. Dawn Silver and Dusk Gold sound better than anything though.

Soul Silver is just a fine name, normally souls are thought as of a white blob, so that kind works out.

Heart Gold, though, i dont know.

I personally dont have a problem with the names. And America will probably rename them to: Silver Soul and Golden Heart, but still think that Dust and Dawn are better that ''Soul'' or ''Heart''.:bidoof:

Sunny Gold is a bit cheesy. Moonlight Silver sounds decent though. I'm ok with the names. Dawn Silver and Dusk Gold sound better than anything though.

The makers of Pokémon have never been know to reuse a name, apparently. Dawn is a person, and Dusk is a type of ball.

When it comes to US, there is a chance they might change the names a bit.

Heart Gold -> Gold Heart

Soul Silver -> Silver Soul

OR, they will keep the exact same names.