IR-GTS-BW Release

Excuse me for reviving this semi-dead thread, but I really need help. I'm currently using Windows 8 and when I try to connect to IR-GTS with my 3DS, I enter the real GTS. I know I put in all the right DNS's and I even tried every "solution" I found. So can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or if IR-GTS is even compatible with Windows 8?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me for reviving this semi-dead thread, but I really need help. I'm currently using Windows 8 and when I try to connect to IR-GTS with my 3DS, I enter the real GTS. I know I put in all the right DNS's and I even tried every "solution" I found. So can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or if IR-GTS is even compatible with Windows 8?

It should be compatible with Windows 8.

Try removing all connections on your DS, then remaking only the active connection you're using. Edit both the Primary and Secondary DNS to your own GTS. If this still fails, your router may be doing some mumbo-jumbo that stops the DNS from changing despite what you set it.

Also try using Shiny2: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?22310-Shiny2-Distribution-System

It should be compatible with Windows 8.

Try removing all connections on your DS, then remaking only the active connection you're using. Edit both the Primary and Secondary DNS to your own GTS. If this still fails, your router may be doing some mumbo-jumbo that stops the DNS from changing despite what you set it.

Also try using Shiny2: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?22310-Shiny2-Distribution-System

It's weird though. It works on my desktop that's running Windows Vista, but not on my laptop.

Check your Router settings, could be an issue there. Maybe it's routing all Port 80 connections elsewhere.

I doubt it. The only thing that I have that uses port 80 is Skype, which I currently have disabled. I just checked my computer and there's currently nothing using all of port 80's connections (Nothing's even USING port 80).

If Port 80 is in use on the computer you'd see an error when trying to start the GTS.

What I meant was to look at your router and see if it's port forwarding Port 80 in a specific way.

But that's the thing. I don't get an error. It just brings me to the normal GTS and everything works fine. It can't detect when I enter the GTS, so it's probably something with my IP address.

• 10 months later...

Hello, I am new to this site.

I am having an issue with connecting to the IR-GTS-BW.

I am trying to bring a Gen V Pokémon to my retail copy of Pokémon Black from my PC. My PC OS is Windows 7 Starter. I have tried both Shiny2 and IR-GTS-BW but none works. I have correctly opened IR-GTS-BW and have gotten to the point where it tells me the DNS server IP address, and has told me that I could enter the GTS.

My issue is that once I get into the GTS the bars will go green for a few seconds and the turn red and won't connect. I have viewed a You Tube tutorial on the IR-GTS-BW and followed it to the "T" until it gets to the point where is tells me to connect to the Nintendo WFC through the internet section on the C-Gear but the message that I get when I attempt to connect to the Nintendo WFC with the C Gear it tells me that I have to check my internet connection in the system settings.

I have done that. I have changed my 3DS setting as well as the DS setting. Nothing seems to allow me to connect to the Nintendo WFC and the IR GTS to bring my .pkm to my game.

points on my connection

My internet password is a WEP setting

I have forward my 80 and 53 ports

I have a 3DS

Retail copy of Pokémon Black

both the 3DS and the DS connection test are successful but still don't connect to Nintendo WFC

Any help would be great.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by TheCanadianTrainer
punctuation mistake

I feel so silly.

First off, thank you RoC for getting back to me. You helped me realize that when I figured out that I had to create a DS connection as well as a 3DS connection, I forgot to disable my security settings as well and try it again. My fault, I'll blame it on being three in the morning.

I disabled my security and tried again and I am back in business. I haven't been trading since Heartgold and Soulsilver where I was collecting like mad, and after my computer and external hard drive crashed at the same time and I lost over 15,000 events. A lot of them received myself from real events around the world, going all the way back to R/S/E, I haven't had the drive to start again. It was a sad day, but at least I got some back from my original retail games and e-mails. I am just now trying to play them all again and collect enough to fill my Pokedex.

Anyways, everything works the way it is supposed to, and thank you again.

Edited by TheCanadianTrainer
info correction

• 1 month later...

Greetings,

with the advent of Poké Transporter, i am one of many who desires to exaggerately duplicate his results from successful PRNG manipulation, so please excuse my pitiful attempt at thread necromancy. I was previously using IR-GTS successfully, so i assume that this is indeed a problem with my internet service provider/router. However, i am not certain, and therefore set out on a journey to get a hold of the seemingly enigmatic information of what exactly is blocking my port 80 and 53, which ultimately led me here.

Now for the synopsis. Python 2.76 was installed after IR-GTS was initially downloaded. I am trying to send .pkm files to a Nintendo 3DS system from a computer using Windows 7 (can provide specification on request). The program itself opens without problems, and the same applies to executing actions within it, as well as the drag-and-drop mechanic. I took preparations and disengaged the firewall for a quick test. The internal connection test withing the Internet settings menu usually fails in communication between the Router and the Internet, but sometimes manages to succeed, with the latter case being much more rare. Now, when i try to access the GTS in-game after the primary DNS was customized, i get the error code of 21000 after the initial attempt - which should be irrelevant since i need to exit the GTS at least once to make it work - then it permanently changes to 52110, who both aren't listed in the common issues directory. Adjusting only the secondary DNS let's me connect to the actual GTS, and with both customized it behaves identically to having only the primary one set. An IRC session later, i discovered that both of the ports IR-GTS uses are blocked, noting that this is the same computer i used before i had to move. Then i executed a "netstat" command to be flooded with seemingly cryptic information i consider myself unable to interpret properly. There have been many users who managed to protocol the connection process through Python, a process i also failed to initiate.

It is nothing urgent, really. I would just like to trace the problem back to the source, for the primary purpose there are more than enough alternatives. Many thanks in advance for reading.

• 2 months later...
it wont connect you to NFC as its using your computer as a fake GTS server so your not really connecting to NWFC it tricks the game to thinking that when you go to the GTS it wont show up when you try connect in th NWFC menu

I dont understand..that sentence is confusing....

But anyway, I have the same issue.

goes through flawlessly in the connection testing (The setup after entering the DNS)

but then when I try to do it in the actual game, it comes up with a "Cant Connect to NWFC" blah blah blah...

I dont understand since it worked at my friends house...but wont work at MY home?

perhaps it could be the diffrence in the two DNS?

(192.168.001.104)

(192.168.001.003)

oh, and I almost forgot, when I tried accessing the internet with it, it didnt display its usual "If you switch to this network, your Pal Pad data and friend code will be reset" kind of thing.