IR-GTS-BW Release

Hi!

I am having a problem. I created a pkmn using pokesav. I have set up my connection at the NDS.

I can send the pkmn in irgts. The test connection of the NDS does work (where you can configure the access points and such stuff). However, I cannot connect to my "faked" GTS. I dont get a connection.

The windows firewall is turned off just to be sure.

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

I've had similar issues with every type of GTS faking/spoofing software I've used, even with pokecheck. In my case, it turned out to be an issue with the Verizon FIOS router in my house, so I configured both the router and my DS to use a static IP, and now GTS software works perfectly.

So... try configuring a static IP and see if that helps.

Cheers, :)

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to be running into a problem with both this AND Shiny G/DTS

I haven't tried to recieve Pokemon yet, but I for sure can't send them to the DNS server and create a .SAV of them. For legality concerns whenever I sav a Pokemon I simply catch it wild and modify it as needed, so when I try to send it in I simply get the message saying something along the lines of the network connection has been broken, telling me to shut off the power. (No error code) I've already checked to make sure I have the right download, I have my Firewalls disabled, and nothing on my computer has changed since I was using HyperGTS in Gen-IV (Which still works actually) with the exception of the OS, which is now Windows Seven 32 bit (From Vista 32 bit) I have Python version 2.7.2

I have not forwarded my ports, but I know that they are unblocked, I haven't needed to forward them for Hyper GTS though, so I don't see why I would need to start, this is entirely for personal use. I will test later if I can send Pokemon, and edit this message if I can.

SABEDIT

I can indeed send Pokemon to myself, but it's fairly useless until I can Recieve them and find my SID.

Edited by Sabeta

Is there a set by set guide how to use this program? How do i change my dns, and i just change my dns to the one its telling me too?

When i go to change my dns settingings on my ds, it tell me to put in primary dns so i do. But what do i put in for gateway, subnet mask, and ip address?

just change your DNS the other stuff just keep it auto-obtain

I can only connect with the fake DNS when its in secondary but i can't send pokemon and I don't understand when I send a pkm file with 236 B it wont send.

Did you create a pkmn using a savegame editor such as pokesav? You need to create it as a boxed pkmn then, I had the same issue.

Hi!

I ran into issues again.

I was successful with transfering a Victini, Serperior and Emboar. Victini didnt have an ability, the other two not a nickname set. In the game, those both have a very long nickname, filled out with question marks.

Now, however, I am not able to connect to my GTS anymore. It seems that I am not able to connect with it to my network, either. I am getting the error codes 51302 (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=51302&system=DS&locale=en_US) and 52102 (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=52102&system=DS&locale=lang).

It just stopped working suddenly.

Any ideas?

//Edit: OK, I can at least connect to the normal GTS with a new access point config.

////OK, it works again. It seems to be that the NDS has got a problem with getting an IP or sth like that, so I use DHCP for it now.

I ran into my problem once again, but was able to solve it. I dont know if it is router-related, but I guess so...

It seems that everytime I connected to the real pokemon servers, be it GTS or random battle match by accident, somehow my NDS wasn't able to connect to the network anymore. THe problem got solved by changing the IP.

I don't know why this is happening, has somebody else encountered such a problem or can explain me why it is happening?

Sry, no offense intended, but I think you missunderstood my posting. I am not even sure if I had connected with the "real services", but everytime I tried to connect to sth else than the GTS or visited the real GTS, I somehow wasn't able to connect to my faked GTS. I wasnt even able to join my WLAN network - Till I have changed my IP adress everytime I visited one of the real places above then.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This works great! I did have the 52100 error constantly but for some reason making the primary and the secondary DNS the ip that ir-gts gave fixed it oh well good work my friend I do have an issue of the pokemon's name being all question marks is this due to pokegen?

• 2 weeks later...
I'd actually recommend installing 2.7.2 from here. After that, you can just follow the instructions in the readme to get IR-GTS-BW to work.

updated at site

////OK, it works again. It seems to be that the NDS has got a problem with getting an IP or sth like that, so I use DHCP for it now.

I use dhcp & i put the primary ip as pc and secondary is my router

Edited by link1s

• 2 months later...

Every time I open ir-gts-bw it quickly closes down the window. I've tried redownloading it and command prompt. I don't get ANY of the main error messages, instead I get:

'Program must be run as superuser. Enter your password below' + \

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I have tried safe mode and still nothing. What is the problem? (Yes I have python)

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, new here and having trouble with IR GTS BW on Mac OS X 10.6.8. I've set the primary DNS in my game to the one displayed in the script, chose "send .pkm to game" and got a "ready to send .pkm" from the script, but when I enter the "GTS" and it connects to the fake NWFC, I get three bars and after a few seconds it drops to zero and says "Unable to connect to Nintendo WFC". The script didn't say "connection established" either. Can anyone help me?

• 4 months later...

OKKKKKK HELP!!! This thing worked for me but now it isn't . I enter the GTS after entering the DNS code to 192.168.1.101 but i go to the regular gts and i dont get my pokemon and i can search for and deposit a pokemon. WHATS going on it use to work. I dont get connection established on ir gts. I only have one wifi connection on DS . it just stopped working now so how do i send pokemon to my ds now?

I got it working by using ShinyGTS's DNS server and IR-GTS BW.

1. Open ShinyGTS and Start DNS server. http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?14416-Shiny-GTS-Now-with-Gen-V-support!-%28Now-announcing-Shiny-DTS!%29

2. Open IR-GTS and follow the instructions

I was able to send and receive Pokemon as usual using IR-GTS

I actually recommend Shiny2. It's more developed, stable, and supported by me. ShinyDTS and GTS are not supported anymore because the source code that powers them is an absolute mess.

• 2 months later...

I know a lot of people have problems similar so sorry but I can't get it to work still. I keep trying to open ir-gts and it closes immediately. when i try to open in cmd window the error message stays with out closing. the error message says:

File "C: \Users\Admin\Desktop\pokemon\ir-gts-bw\ir-gts-bw..py", line 22 print 'Program must be run as superuser. Enter your password below; + \

Syntax Error: invalid syntax

By the way I run on Windows 7. I have python 2.7. firewalls are off. i dont have skype of steam running. Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...
So i fixed my last problem, but now i have a knew one. Everything was working fine, i was sending and receiving just fine. Then i tried to receive again awhile later and i got this error message:

"unhandled exception in thread started by <function dnsspoof at 0x020f39bo>

traceback <most recent call last>:

file "C: \users\merf\desktop\pokemon\ir-gts-bw\pokehaxlib.py", line 77, in dnsspoof

r+dnsserv.recvfrom<512>

socket.error: [errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

What does this mean, and what should i do?

I've been having this issue as well. Unfortunately, I'm just as stumped as you are. I'm using a 3DS, and I know I've configured the DNS the way IR GTS tells me to. And when I test the connection, it's always successful. However, when I try to enter the GTS in the game, this EXACT SAME MESSAGE appears.

Does anyone have a solution?

• 3 weeks later...
I've been having this issue as well. Unfortunately, I'm just as stumped as you are. I'm using a 3DS, and I know I've configured the DNS the way IR GTS tells me to. And when I test the connection, it's always successful. However, when I try to enter the GTS in the game, this EXACT SAME MESSAGE appears.

Does anyone have a solution?

Did some looking and poking with Wireshark. This is caused by the DNS server that your computer uses not accepting the connection. (the DNS goes from.. DS>Computer>Real DNS Server).

The solution that I found was....

Go into /src

Find pokehaxlib.py

Replace any "4.2.2.2" under "def dnsspoof" to "8.8.8.8" (Changes the Real DNS Server to Google's Open DNS server.. worked for me)

(Hate to bring up an old thread, but 2 weeks doesn't seem to bad, and I hate to find dead end threads with no solutions)