IR-GTS-BW Release

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe I've just come across an amusing fact: the pokemon I transfer all appear to be traded from Tanzania.

Hah, they must have changed the location data; it used to be East Midlands, England.

Finally got this to work , is it a bug to get the pokemon with??? in stead of the name ?

Were you sending or receiving? If sending, could you send me/post the .pkm you were using? If receiving, what was its nickname?

Hi IR!

1st, thank you for this wonderful update on the IR-GTS. I have not had problems using the new program at all to download files, but when I try to use it to give out pokemon similar to what bond has done, it will not work at all for me. I get connected to Nintendo's GTS. Bond said to forward my ports like I do for Hyper GTS, but it still gives me my private IP rather than a public one for folks to connect to it who are outside of my LAN.. Is IR-GTS meant only for Personal use? can It be made to give out a pokemon to those not on my PC? I did everything as I would for Hyper GTS, but still not working.

any help or insight you can give is appreciated.

Hi IR!

1st, thank you for this wonderful update on the IR-GTS. I have not had problems using the new program at all to download files, but when I try to use it to give out pokemon similar to what bond has done, it will not work at all for me. I get connected to Nintendo's GTS. Bond said to forward my ports like I do for Hyper GTS, but it still gives me my private IP rather than a public one for folks to connect to it who are outside of my LAN.. Is IR-GTS meant only for Personal use? can It be made to give out a pokemon to those not on my PC? I did everything as I would for Hyper GTS, but still not working.

any help or insight you can give is appreciated.

You can do it, certainly, you'll just have to ignore the DNS that IR-GTS tells you to use. Instead, use your public IP. Sites like whatismyip.com can help you find this.

IR-GTS v0.42 and IR-GTS-BW v0.03 now available. BW was logging incorrect natures into statlog.txt; fixed that, and changed the order of EV/IV output for both versions.

receiving , these are the promotional pokemon xD lugia came with name ????? OT ?ce??CE

OBLIVIA dioxis

name ??????

OT ???????

What is its actual nickname, in-game? Could you send me a copy of the .pkm that IR-GTS-BW created for you? I'm curious why that's happening too.

Hi, I've been having problems with this. When at first I downloaded this, it would close right away. I ran it through the command prompt and it asked me to allow access or keep blocking it. I unblocked it and it stayed open. I then tried to send a pokemon to the game, but each time there is an error saying "Communication Error. Please turn the power off." I tried putting the DNS it gave me for primary, secondary(along with using my ip for the primary and without), and both. Anyone have any idea what is wrong? I'm using python 2.7 far as I know but it may be 2.7.1.

there the event pokemon from project pokemon site ,since they have a special ribbon gts wont allow me to send it to my pc.

as for the actual nickname in game

in the the summary the name comesup as normal but when in theparty view of all your your pokemon the name is in? marks .

I updated to version 03 from 02 and tried it up this appears.

Then i restored the 02 version, tried and got the same.

C:\Users\name\Desktop\Pkm\GTS>C:\Users\name\Desktop\Pkm\GTS\ir-gts-bw.py
IR-GTS-BW, v0.03
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "C:\Users\name\Desktop\Pkm\GTS\ir-gts-bw.py", line 29, in <module>
   initServ()
 File "C:\Users\name\Desktop\Pkm\GTS\src\pokehaxlib.py", line 92, in initServ
   serv.bind(("0.0.0.0",80))
 File "C:\Program Files\Python27\lib\socket.py", line 224, in meth
   return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
socket.error: [Errno 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forb
idden by its access permissions

C:\Users\name\Desktop\Pkm\GTS>

also noticed the" serv.bind(("0.0.0.0",80))", which isn't my local ip of course.

Note: I am the administrator of my computer.

Hi, I've been having problems with this. When at first I downloaded this, it would close right away. I ran it through the command prompt and it asked me to allow access or keep blocking it. I unblocked it and it stayed open. I then tried to send a pokemon to the game, but each time there is an error saying "Communication Error. Please turn the power off." I tried putting the DNS it gave me for primary, secondary(along with using my ip for the primary and without), and both. Anyone have any idea what is wrong? I'm using python 2.7 far as I know but it may be 2.7.1.

What's the version number that IR-GTS reports?

there the event pokemon from project pokemon site ,since they have a special ribbon gts wont allow me to send it to my pc.

as for the actual nickname in game

in the the summary the name comesup as normal but when in theparty view of all your your pokemon the name is in? marks .

Wait, so you sent this .pkm to your DS? Did you do conversion from GenIV to GenV first? IR-GTS-BW doesn't do that yet.

Thank you for your answers! one last question IR; will this newer version of the IR-GTS give out 1 pokemon over and over, or will it just do one pokemon, then I have to reload the file for the next person? I don't want to have to sit at my PC and do this! That's why I ask!

It won't do that by default, but you can get it to send one .pkm repeatedly by changing line 90 of sendpkm.py ("while not sent:") to "while True:" Note that Bond has been having trouble with it dying after a while when using this variant. IR-GTS is mostly meant for one-shot sending/receiving; it doesn't do sustained transfers very well, unfortunately. Something to do with how it's handling its network sockets, but I'm not sure what I can do to fix that.

I updated to version 03 from 02 and tried it up this appears.

Then i restored the 02 version, tried and got the same.

Check the OP.

Do u mean the filze size conversion tool?? if so yes some of them were put thrue that .

You'll have to be more specific than that - do you have a link to this conversion tool? If it just changes the file size, it won't work properly. There's actual data within the .pkm file that needs to be changed. Based on what you've said, it looks like at least the nickname/OT name was not converted to the new format. I'm pretty sure both Pokesav and Pokegen can do 4<->5 conversion.