IR-GTS-BW Release

can someone post their ir-gts ip? i want to see if my ds can connect to theirs.

if it can, that means that its a problem with my computer.

EDIT: i had someone else try to connect to mine, but it didnt work. i guess this means that my computer is the problem? i have a norton firewall (not windows), maybe thats it?

Edited by Gannondorf929

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that are getting to the actual GTS, make sure that you put your computer's IP into the first DNS slot. If that doesn't work, say what happens (Communication error, IR-GTS crash, etc.). Also check to see if the IP that IR-GTS gives you is the same as your computer's. I'm really curious as to how this is happening, because it shouldn't be possible if the DS is sending DNS requests to the computer running IR-GTS.

If you're using a USB device or something similar for DS connectivity, though, that may be the problem. In that case, try setting your computer's (not the DS') DNS to 127.0.0.1 while using IR-GTS.

i noticed that ir-gts just crashed when someone connected when i gave it my pkm with the full file name. when i renamed it to "test.pkm" it sent fine.

What happened when you tried with a longer name? There might be something wrong with how it reads in filenames. If the filename has actual Japanese characters, though, it almost certainly will not work; you'll have to rename those using Roman letters.

What was updated in ir-gts-bw-v0.03? I can't seem to find a changelog or anything like that.

Also, Thanks alot for creating this incredible tool.

Tried something to see if it would fix the problem with connecting to the real GTS. It's no longer available, since it didn't work, and I wanted to avoid that solution.

At least one person found that their DS was connecting to a different network than the one their computer's on. Try deleting all other connections in the DS options if you're getting forwarded to the real GTS. This has also failed for others, so YMMV. Edited the OP to note this issue.

testing now

EDIT: Crap. Still getting the real GTS. My computer is on a different network than my DSi tho. My Dsi is on "8888888" and my computer is on "88888888888" (not real network names). could this cause a problem? WHen I try to connect using "888888888888" I cannot on my dsi. "88888888" is what all my portable devices are on.

testing now

EDIT: Crap. Still getting the real GTS. My computer is on a different network than my DSi tho. My Dsi is on "8888888" and my computer is on "88888888888" (not real network names). could this cause a problem? WHen I try to connect using "888888888888" I cannot on my dsi. "88888888" is what all my portable devices are on.

If possible, try putting the DS and computer on the same network. Otherwise, try forwarding port 53 and 80 to your computer and connecting to your external IP. If you have a guest network setup through your router, it may not work. Can anyone confirm whether they got it working with this setup?

I cannot. It isnt "compatible".. :(

Any other fix?

What I mean by not compatible is that a grey lock appears by rhe network when I try to connect to it through the DS.

Should I attempt it on another computer...as theres no way itll work with this one. I have a laptop available that is on the same network as the device.

TBH thatll probably be easier. I run my AR on my laptop so..yeah. easier. Trying that now