IR-GTS-BW Release

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It happened the same to me, the first time I could recieve a pokemon but right now I don't receive anything and it works as the usual GTS

Edit - I tried it with both the Primary and Secondary and it work perfectly

Yea Ive tried secondary, primary, both DNS and they all dont work. When I set up the WFC at the menu, it says successful but when I go into the game and try to get into GTS it gives me communication error...

EDIT: just tried both again and it worked...

It worked for me. I used the DNS it told me to in both Primary and Secondary slots. As long as IR-GTS says "Ready to send" when you try and connect in-game, there shouldn't be a problem... the only time I had a "Communication Error" message was when I forgot to confirm my Pokemon selection in IR-GTS.

Am I to assume that there is currently no way to use this program to do mass-distributions over the GTS? I did a fair few GTS Giveaways using HyperGTS back in 4th Gen, but looking at this I'm guessing that isn't possible just yet in BW?

Great program either way.

edit:... having just said that, it is now hanging and giving a "Communication Error" during the "Checking GTS..." stage in-game. Strange, because IR-GTS reports that the connection is established.

I am trying to run it on my Mac. I'm using Python 2.7.1. When I try to open it I get this message:

Warning: 'with' will become a reserved keyword in Python 2.6

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Users/Ryan/Downloads/ir-gts-bw/ir-gts-bw.py", line 12, in <module>

from src.getpkm import getpkm

File "/Users/Ryan/Downloads/ir-gts-bw/src/getpkm.py", line 45

with open(fullpath, 'wb') as f:

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Anyone know how I can fix this?

I'm having the same issue as this man.

Oqv5M.png

And yes, I only have Python 2.7 installed.

Updated to v0.02. See OP for details.

For those with Macs running into the 'reserved keyword' error, let me know what version it shows if you type in '/usr/bin/python' into the Terminal. If that is anything less than 2.7, try 'whereis python' and post the results.

I'll be fairly busy for the next few days, so I won't be able to check this thread very often. I'll answer the questions I can, but I can't make any guarantees. I'll try to keep the OP updated with a list of common problems, so keep an eye on that as well.

I basically have the first problem you mentioned

File "C:\Python27\lib\socket.py", line 224, in meth

return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)

error: [Errno 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium and was wondering if anyone knows how to allow the port to be used, as I don't think it has anything to do with administrative issues.

Any chance to make ir-gts online? I would like give away free pokemon.

This would be marvelous, but I guess Willaien is getting ahead of the game and making it possible for people to send pokemon to themselves without setting up an IR-GTS.

I'm having the same issue as this man.

Oqv5M.png

And yes, I only have Python 2.7 installed.

I think I found the problem. My computer has only Leopard, not Snow Leopard, so I think there may be a problem with Terminal not being a new enough version. I tried it on my brother's MacBook, which has Snow Leopard, and now it works perfectly.

I've installed python 2.7 and download IR-GTS, and when i open IR-GTS, a window pops up for half a second and says some words but before i can even read the first word, it closes down on me and i can't get it to stay open..

EDIT: Never mind, I re downloaded IR-GTS and extracted properly. It works now.

I basically have the first problem you mentioned

File "C:\Python27\lib\socket.py", line 224, in meth

return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)

error: [Errno 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium and was wondering if anyone knows how to allow the port to be used, as I don't think it has anything to do with administrative issues.

it sounds like something is already using the port. do you have skype or steam or IIS running? if so, kill them and try again. if not, go ahead and reboot and immediately run the app once the PC boots. if that doesn;t do it, you should probably go into msconfig and disable anything that isn't vital(basically, disable almost everything) and then reboot and try again. at that point it should work. then you can go through msconfig re-enabling stuf again until you figure out what was doing it.

It does not support .pkm which is named in Japanese.. ><

you can send japanese pokemon to your DS just fine. i just had a dozen people download a japanese snivy from me. if you'e erroring out, try decreasing the file name of the .pkm file. i noticed that ir-gts just crashed when someone connected when i gave it my pkm with the full file name. when i renamed it to "test.pkm" it sent fine.

Well the acctual application works, but now im having trouble acctually sending pokemon, I get an error code when trying to connect to the gts ... i'm going to try some basic solutions first and ill check back if Im really stuck ... again thanks for your help

I am not familiar with this forum, but I've used ir-gts for long. I've listed few solutions that really helped me

* Make sure nothing else is connected to the wireless, that your computer and the DS.

* Close all applications that use the internet (etc. Spotify, Skype) and of course, your internet browser.

* Shortening the name of the file helps sometimes

Hope that I helped!