I don't understand how to use Pokegen at all

roku

Eh, well I suppose I kind of do.

I'm currently running Pokemon Black on Desmume, and it works fine.

Whenever I try to load my files from a desmume save file onto Pokegen, it says the save file is invalid, and can only support files with different extensions. Whenever I save a game, the extension is always .dst or .duc from Gamefaqs saves that I tested with.

So when I change the extension (disregarding the warning that the file could possibly be negatively affected) to one that Pokegen supports, it STILL doesn't work and says the safe file is invalid.

Do I have to have a save on a different emulator to make Pokemon in Pokegen? Because No$gba isn't working for me and comes up with a blue screen that says the cartridge isn't working.

Or do I have to have an NDS file from a DS played Pokemon Black save in my computer to do anything with Pokegen?

Thanks for the comments in advance!

So I had a saved .dst file from Desmume and changed it into the No$GBA format.

Where do I put this now? Battery file? I run the .nds game afterwards but it just remains a menu with nothing but a screen with new game and no continue option.

Edit with pokegen, good sir.

Just trying to actually add in one pokemon as well; would I have to do anything specific to add in a completely different pokemon? I don't completely understand what you do with the generated code after it's made; I use No$GBA, but can use Demusme if needed for proper explanation.

Then try this. In Desmume start your game then go to file then click on export backup memory. That should make a .sav file then simply open pokegen 3.0b21 i think it is and load your save and you should be good to go.

Awesome, thank you! It works~!!

I really appreciate the help, sorry for being such a noob.

• 5 months later...

hey there fellas! srry 2 bother but i have read like a hundred times your explanation and done everything you directed. as I am now really upset for not being able to add any pokemon with pokegen I have 2 adopt some kinda of drastic measures... I'm gonna describe all I have done kk? pls help me =)

so, i have desmume (most recent) and it's extracted in my desktop with all the directories and shit =). I load my save (.dst file). then exporting it so I may use it in pokegen. so far so good. now after editing my pc box while adding the pokemons(note that I did all the stats and pids and stuff, then clicked set on the pc box and indeed my new pokemon appeared). however after saving everything after I have no idea WhAtsOeVeR how to access it... Cause the type of the file cant be read by desmume!! What now?? plz good ppl aid me =(

Hey, even i have the same problem! I get the .sav file from desmume via export backup memory, it gets detected in pokegen, i edit it, then save it. Then i import the .sav edited to desmume and no change happens! (i.e The edited data remains the same!) What to do? I deleted all savestates!

• 5 months later...

Do the pokemon generate in place or do they have to replace another pokemon? I try to do all of this but it doesn't seem to work like this. can someone maybe post a quick tutorial on from openind desmume, saving a save file, putting it onto pokegen and then make a small change and then putting that change into the game?

edit: NEVERMIND!!! HAHA right after I posted this I got it to work. thanks guys :)