Which Starter Are You Going To Choose?  

360 members have voted

1. 1. Which Starter Are You Going To Choose?

• Chikorita
    • Cyndaquil
    • Totodile

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They all have their cute sides. I fell in love with Ferali after receiving a holo card with it half submerged in water.

47-feraligatr.jpg

Chika is now tempting for the challenge, and Cyndaquil again was my original Silver Starter (though I used the reset duplicating trick to get all three, and chose Toto last so my rival could get stuck with Chika xD) and it kicked total butt. Sadly with the plysical special split in moves it might get very rough at times and Hidden Power may be its only hope, which is sad. I have an HP Ice Typh and he is all sorts of pwnage, but maybe I'll soft reset for an HP Dragon since it will be a powerful attack that is only resisted by steel types, which take an ember instead xD

Chika on HG still sounds like I'll be trying to kill myself if I dont have some sort of sweeper. Hopefully the pokewalker will solve that so long as I can transfer a pokemon before the first gym. Walk Chika to level 20 or something for the defence boosts, maybe catch something useful in Pokewalker and transfer them back. I wonder if the wild pokes in pokewalker contain an electric poke like Pikachu to encounter and catch for the gym?

Chikarita:

May just be saved via Pokewalker

Cyndaquil:

Most likely to be saved by Hidden Power

Totodile:

Already enough type coverage, doesnt need to be saved

ive got that card too!

Im getting both games so im going to trade all the starters to one game

How are you going to get all three? I don't think this game will have any cloning glitch or anything like that. I'm gonna get two, Chikorita in HG and Cyndaquil in SS, but I'll just dump my ROM of SS to get a Totodile. So I guess I'm gonna get all three as well.

How are you going to get all three? I don't think this game will have any cloning glitch or anything like that. I'm gonna get two, Chikorita in HG and Cyndaquil in SS, but I'll just dump my ROM of SS to get a Totodile. So I guess I'm gonna get all three as well.

How am I going to get all three? It's a new feature in Heart Gold and Soul Silver! I hear that it is called "trading". ;)

I can easily restart the game three times and send each starter to one game, or maybe, just maybe, cooperate with my friends and hatch some eggs.

There's always been the "Disconnect at the precise moment when trading" which has existed in some form or another since Gen I. It's just now there's no link cable to pull off.

And for on topic-ness: I'll play through with Cyndaquil. And on cart #2, I'll SR to get all of them completely untouched. I'll even throw the rival battle so I don't gain any experience.

Why would you want them untouched? Why not clone them and train the clone and keep the original untouched like me? Well I'm going to do things a little different. I'm gonna get my Pokemon, win that fight with Silver, make a clone and trade it to DPPT and clone it with Pokesav, put its experience at UT and I'll have all three of them legal, and legitimate. They don't have a difference so it really doesn't matter.

In the orignal Silver version that I had purchases nearly 10 years ago, I ended up choosing Totodile. He was indeed a helpful starter and I swept through the entire game with him single handedly. However, I have decided on choosing Cyndaquil as my starting Pokémon.

I think it'll be a pretty good choice and change in game play, so I'm interested on how it'll turn out. Plus, I've always had a little liking for Cyndaquil before, I just never chose to use it.

As well as the base stats being a bit for favorable for Typhlosion :(

Feraligatr:

HP 85 / Atk 105 / Def 100 / S.atk 79 / S.def 83 / Spe 78

Typhlosion:

HP 78 / Atk 84 / Def 78 / S.atk 109 / S.def 85 / Spe 100

The makers of Pokémon favor the fire starters too much.

Now let's look at Meganium's monstrous(ly horrible) stats, shall we? :)

Meganium:

HP 80 / Atk 82 / Def 100 / S.atk 83 / S.def 100 / Spe 80

Amazing, Meganium can totally sweep away every single Pokémon =D

If you highly disagree about Feraligatr and Meganium being inferior to Typhlosion, please show me Feraligatr/Meganium sweeping. <3

Meganium are very useful in the game. The healing moves are great for supporting, and it is very good for defending the team from special attacks. Totodile is by far the most useful in the game, but I like Chikorita for the challenge. Doesn't mean Chikorita is useless.

Meganium are very useful in the game. The healing moves are great for supporting, and it is very good for defending the team from special attacks. Totodile is by far the most useful in the game, but I like Chikorita for the challenge. Doesn't mean Chikorita is useless.

People actually use team support in game? ....<_<

I think in-game really only needs one strategy: sweep. You just fly through the game w/ your starter.

And seriously though, all Starters should be powerful, I don't know why some are them are so weak.

They are weak to add challenge to the game. That is why you need Pokemon that can support your team, and relying on sweeping will only blow up in your face. No one is really going to allow you to set up in game, I'm pretty sure the AI in this new game will be much better.

He meant if people actually used support strategies for the game's storyline, which some do. It makes the game much easier then just relying on sweeps which can be countered easily. Since the best supporter is Chikorita, I am going to get him and give him good supporting moves so the game will be easier and a challenge at the same time. It's sad to see that Chikorita has the lowest vote, because it is really good and should be considered as a partner for your game.

Ive said this many times before but i think people should always choose the fire starter because fires are so rare when compared to waters or grass', plus i hate water and grass types anyway.

Cyndaquil FTW