• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take a better look at it later when I have more time, but at first skim, it looks like he's just saying the same things we are: "It looks like the three birds are in HGSS, but they were already in Platinum, so blah blah blah." It'll be nice to have the links to the proper 2ch threads, though. I'll take a better look later today.

Edited by Guested
moved some info

Probably, in the original games you can. Or at least that is what i know. But i am thinking that you receive one after the pokedex is complete.

That was Emerald. You had to use the Gen 1 games to get the Kanto Starters, Kanto Fossil Pokemon, Bird Trio, Mewtwo, and possibly Mew on the Gen 2 games.

That sounds like quite a hassle. I never imagined that they would make you buy the games from days past to obtain certain Pokemon... As for Emerald i am aware of that. I have completed the Pokedex. But that is why i mentioned it. Thinking that it could be this was since from G/S/C. Oh well i think that we will see if this is going to happen in Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

That sounds like quite a hassle. I never imagined that they would make you buy the games from days past to obtain certain Pokemon... As for Emerald i am aware of that. I have completed the Pokedex. But that is why i mentioned it. Thinking that it could be this was since from G/S/C. Oh well i think that we will see if this is going to happen in Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

To obtain the Johto starter in Emerald, you only need to complete the National Dex (minus Deoxys and Jirachi)... which only requires trading with Ruby and Sapphire, for a total of 7 missing Pokemon; so not that much of a hassle. The national dex did require that you use Fr/Lg to obtain the remaining Kanto and Johto Pokemon, though. You could also use the Gamecube games to get the Johto ones, however all the Johto Pokemon are catchable if you have access to all the Gen III GBA games (preferably 3 copies of Fr or Lg, since you can only catch 1 of the Legendary Beasts in each).

Ah, yeah. I suppose that was a hassle. Although I do imagine that most people who were playing Gold or Silver had also played the originals, and hopefully still had one. As long as they were willing to restart their game and play through for a few minutes 'til you were able to trade, I suppose it wasn't too bad getting the Kanto starters, though. I have to admit, it wouldl've been far more convenient had there been such easy methods of backing up and restoring a save file as there are now, and were with the GBA games. Restarting for the other starters isn't a hassle at all now, because you can always restore your original save afterwards.

Guested saves the day again!

It's not an instruction manual! It's an advertisement booklet (a quite large one) that you can pick up on the shelf of most video game retailers.

Nothing inside really stands out apart from all the pretty pictures (it is pretty sweet having a nice hard copy of that neat Johto map). The first page inside is an enlarged screen shot of GSC, too, haha.

Still not sure what to think of the birds. It COULD be related to FRLG, but it COULD mean they are in HGSS.

This advertisement is from Nintendo, so it's an official thing.

090908_1846~01.JPG

583dcd4930be0_090908_184601.JPG.e728db0f

Dante the Latios and Latias are also included. However i am disappointed that Mewtwo is in the same place... But i can trade right after i obtain the PokeDex to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

I figured the Lati twins would be, though I wasn't sure the Kanto Bird Trio would be included after their "escape" to Sinnoh. I am glad they are indeed included in Kanto (As long as Serebii's source isn't just lying his ass off, not that he is.), though I'm not as happy with Moltres' location in Mt. Silver (Serebii says Silver Cave, same thing?). I wanted my Sevii Islands included with Kanto since this is a sequel to FRLG, even if the Sevii Islands were just a way to put Johto Pokemon in Kanto durring the 3rd Gen.

As for Mewtwo being in Cerulean Cave, I'm ecstatic about that. It IS Mewtwo's dungeon, and canonically, it makes the most sense. If Mewtwo is in the cave 3 years later, its most logical to assume that Red never discovered that Mewtwo was within the cave and the creature was left undisturbed. Or if Red did disturb it, it was Mewtwo's only home after destroying the lab, he may have returned for sentimental reasons. =P Honestly Mewtwo doesn't belong anywhere else, unless he might have been encountered in the lab he destroyed once upon a time ago, but it was supposed to be destroyed with the eruption at Cinnabar Island...but who knows if that still happened since Articuno is supposedly at the Seafoam Islands WITH Blaine? Not likely, but impossible? No.

I really don't know what to think right this second, we'll have to wait and see what develops in the next few days.

I am hoping for more Legendary Pokemon via Wi-Fi event items. Specifically Celebi, Mew, Deoxys, and maybe Shaymin (Oak's white rock reference from Sinnoh.). I would have added Jirachi in there as well, but it seems less likely since it was just released as a actual Wi-Fi Pokemon before HGSS. And now that the Sevii Islands are out, Deoxys looks to have a grim fate too. Mew is in Ranch, but he wants an in game event for the 4th Gen like he had in Emerald. =P

i tought the birds being in the game was werd

anyway how long do you think it takes play asia to ship out these games i just payed for my copy today. :)!

If you pick overnight, somewhere around 2-3 days due to time differences and times the mail operates. This 1.) assumes you live in the US and 2.) that you picked overnight.

If not, it may take up to a couple of weeks for order processing, going through customs, actual shipping, etc.

Though some collectible stuff I order from Japan can take a month to arrive, while some may take less than a week with just regular shipping, its odd, but I dunno what goes on behind the scenes.

So apparently the Ilex Forest shrine holds two events, one for the Jagged Ear Pichu, and the other for Giovanni. While the Pichu one is just something they gave us, the Giovanni one is pretty cool. But seeing as it is activated by a Celebi, does that mean that the shrine no longer summons Celebi (with an item, rather it be GS Ball or not), or whill they only distribute it like they did with Jirachi? No in game event location and only available via mystery gift?

Has anyone looked into the data for this? I know we've found data for trainers and their rosters before anyone got that far, but has anyone looked for event data?

So apparently the Ilex Forest shrine holds two events, one for the Jagged Ear Pichu, and the other for Giovanni. While the Pichu one is just something they gave us, the Giovanni one is pretty cool. But seeing as it is activated by a Celebi, does that mean that the shrine no longer summons Celebi (with an item, rather it be GS Ball or not), or whill they only distribute it like they did with Jirachi? No in game event location and only available via mystery gift?

Has anyone looked into the data for this? I know we've found data for trainers and their rosters before anyone got that far, but has anyone looked for event data?

Serebii has a bunch of information on his site. According to him, it's activated by an eventual release of an event Celebi.