PokeWalker is the met location, I know that much. Since the unit is most likely tied to one game's OT, then I would bet that the Pokemon caught there would have that OT.

BTW, according to the Nintendo site, HGSS will be able to communicate with the GBA games through slot-2 (in a DS or DS Lite only), but it doesn't say whether this will be Pal Park, or just a Slot-2 wild pokemon encounter method like in DPP.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/ipkj/index.html

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it must be somehow.... right?

Probably a similar system to how My Pokemon Ranch is tied to a single player.

OH, by the way. The last thing on that site is that My Pokemon Ranch (even with the Platinum update) is NOT compatible with HG/SS. I suppose that could be fixable with an update, but I'd guess most people have their ranch too full by now to make any use of it.

Perhaps Nintendo is waiting to release Heart Gold and Soul Silver and then an update to the My Pokemon Ranch. The update will surely up the finances of the Ranch and Pokemon of America has not made an update for Platinum. I hope that they were just lazy and now they are not.

However i might be thinking this, but i do believe it will not happen.

I'm still waiting for a PBR update to accomodate the changes in Platinum, like the Rotom Forms, Skymin, and Origin Giratina. I doubt they'll do much about that, but maybe they'll make another PBR dedicated to HG/SS like they did with Pokemon Stadium 2. :D

Won't ever happen. Though Plat is compatible with PBR, but Wi-Fi compatibility for new forms, just like in the game, are not.

Nintendo USA is really pissing me off with not giving us the Platinum patch for Ranch. I have uploaded all of my Kanto, Hoenn, and Orre Pokemon to the ranch and I'm still about 100ish shy of filling it the second time around. Providing the Platinum patch would allow me to upload all my Sinnoh Pokemon (I won't do it if I can't deposit all the forms) with the extra 500 spaces. After that, all that is missing is the Jotho Pokemon, and those will have to wait till HGSS, but then i still couldn't upload them without another patch and more upload space (500 like Platinum, or another 1000 since there are two versions?). -.-

Their desire to keep the patch from us has seriously made me consider homebrewing with my Wii, but I prefer to keep that to the handhelds.

On topic anyway,... I have to wonder just how many Pokemon will be available via the Pokewalker... I may have to start another collection for them similar to the way I did for Orre.

On topic anyway,... I have to wonder just how many Pokemon will be available via the Pokewalker... I may have to start another collection for them similar to the way I did for Orre.

That's a really good question. So far, that hasn't been stated, of course. There will be different Pokemon on different courses, but we don't even know how many of those there will be.

The course selection screen has five slots (see picture)

img_pokewalker_01_04.jpg

And we already know about five courses. BUT perhaps the list can scroll down to make room for more.

So ... basically, I have no clue. :)

That's a really good question. So far, that hasn't been stated, of course. There will be different Pokemon on different courses, but we don't even know how many of those there will be.

The course selection screen has five slots (see picture)

img_pokewalker_01_04.jpg

And we already know about five courses. BUT perhaps the list can scroll down to make room for more.

So ... basically, I have no clue. :)

1/1p stands for Page 1 of 1. I'm sure there will be a few more than 5 courses. :D

Here's some.... BIG news.

Just saw some new Japanese TV commercials.

There is a section talking about wi-fi...

And it shows a shot of the Wi-Fi Plaza.

And then... it shows a video of something that looks like a blue Union Room.

And then... the player checks the screen, and is asked "What kind of opponent would you like to recruit?" with the choices: Single Battle, Double Battle, Trade, Plaza Game. There is also another character standing by in a circle on the ground, similar to the GTS during search.

If this is what it looks like, that means that HGSS could feature random wi-fi battles and trades... fascinating.

The trailer also showed some areas that haven't been shown before (routes, etc), Lugia on a PokeWalker, Lugia battling Ho-oh in a battle, the establishing (entrance) image of the Tin Tower (it has some Ho-oh statues inside), a trainer catching a Munchlax on the PokeWalker, the girl character walking towards Suicine who is standing on a route somewhere, some new gym stuff, and Jasmine's battle sprite.

It also showed Entei headbutting a tree.

Another large pokemon news fansite reported on these videos and only seemed to notice the headbutting part. That site also said that it appears ALL trees are headbuttable (??) and I personally think that's a pretty BS claim since there was nothing to indicate that in the video, AND it's highly unlikely.

Hey, so... I made a mistake.

Evidently, the thing I thought was random battles actually turns out to be the normal wi-fi room.

It has the same design as what was in Platinum, and I didn't realize they had updated that part of the game for Platinum.

So it looks like I was mistaken on the whole "random battles" thing.

My mistake, sorry guys. :(

Did you see the all trees are headbuttable thing on Serebii? It showed a picture of a Pokemon headbutt a normal tree

Please don't cite serebii.

But let's talk about this.

The tree sprite DID look the same as other trees, but the tree being headbutted was out in the open by itself.

Does anyone remember how it worked in GSC? Was it all trees or only specific trees? I honestly can't remember that well.

edit: SCV just told me you could only headbutt some trees. ;)

It's kind of sad that Nintendo hasn't opted to put a random battle function on the Wifi Room for the handheld games. It'd be a hell of a lot easier than having to exchange friend codes and whatnot. If the structure were more like PBR in the sense that you could opt for a random battle based on certain specifications and then choose to exchange friend codes at the end of the battle if you so chose to do that, I think more people would be interested in actually battling and communicating and such.

I think the reason they're neglecting to add this kind of feature into the handhelds is due to the whole "child-friendly" aspect of the Pokemon Line. Being that the DS has a verbal means of communication between two players while on Wifi, it allows both users to interact and such. I think because of the whole possibility of people getting overly aggressive (Much like players in Halo and Gears of War) while in an online fight, Nintendo continues to ignore the option to include random battles.

That being said, I think that it would be a major improvement on the games if they allowed random battles within th hand held games. The only thing you'd really need to do, after all, is disable the microphone function before heading into the search for a battle. They could either have people choose whether or not they would like to have the microphone on during the battle (Much like what people already do) or they could have it disabled. If that doesn't work, they could just disable the microphone for random battles to ensure nothing bad happens. Look at PBR. You don't need a mic to battle. :P

All in all, I'm super sad that they didn't add that function like it was believed that they did. It'd be one hell of an improvement if they did, but I guess Nintendo has their reasons for everything. Oh well. This is still going to be a great game. :D

That's actually a pretty good idea.

It could be done that way (just with a basic machine) and no mini-game. That would keep it separate from DPP, but... maybe it would just be one more feature they'd copy over. Who knows.

I like the idea of trading,

But I'm guessing they may add more freatures,

Like minigames that existed in RSE or FRLG but you need it in slot 2 to activate,

And other stuff,

Cause if its just dongle and pal park,

It gets old quick,

and I don't really see the point for them to mention it.

At least like what you said,

They may add something to set HGSS apart from DPt.

Personally, I believe they will add something new while copy the old stuff over.

So with Underground gone, what will happen to replace that?

I mean, they are always good at replacing stuff, such as:

Trading was limited to link cable - WiFi trading around the world

With DSi, slot 2 migration becomes less common - Almost every pokemon can be found in Gen 4

Legendary beasts cannot be found in RS (first releases of gen 3) - Then FRLG and now HGSS

Those without Col/XD cannot get Gen 2 starters - Solution in Emerald and now HGSS

Deoxys Form exclusive to Cart (troublesome for strategy) - DPt comets

No loamy berry ground - berry planter

No non-event then Lugia in RSE/FRLG - Pokemon xD

Apricorns not compatible with DPt - Apricorn Case

No headbutting, must have special tree - Honey Tree

Headbutt Trees not possible in DPt (and not in gen 3) - headbutt returns to ANY TREE

Dragon Trio orbs not exactly tradable (at least for Griseous orb) - Arceus Event in HGSS

Like yellow version, with pkmn tailing behind, must stop a pikachu family from evolving - Gizamimi Pichu

So what happens to Sinnoh underground, honey trees, Rotom formes or Diving and other stuff which I haven't mentioned?

Will there finally be a new Sandstorm Castform,

What interesting additions and stuff will they include?