No, Ho-Oh is exclusive for HG, Lugia is exclusive for SS, why in the hell would they include both off them in one game? And then release TWO VERSIONS?

Seriously..use common sense next time.

I did use common sense and I still do.

Firstly, both of them were available in the 3 games in the G/S/C days. It just depends when on each game.

Secondly, the difference doesn't have to be the main-story legendary. As you know Plat, for example, has it's legendary and the 2 others. D/P have their main legendary and Giratina. Same story with R/S/E and G/S/C.

And thirdly, there is another couple of legendary pokemons to catch this time around - Groudon/Kyogre, which WILL only be in one game each. There's a limit of the number of things you can change in a remake just for extra cash, especially when we're talking about legendaries, IMO.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Ho-Oh is exclusive for HG, Lugia is exclusive for SS, why in the hell would they include both off them in one game? And then release TWO VERSIONS?

Seriously..use common sense next time.

Seriously, did you even play the original games? You can get both, but different levels depending on the game. The main Pokemon would be level 40 and the other would be 70. And why would we need to buy both games? Because like any other, THEY HAVE DIFFERENT POKEMON. That's how you complete the Johto dex.

Seriously... use common sense next time.

Wait, I was thinking differently..

I take back what I said Shiny.

Man, I don't know why I said that aswell, guess I was in a bad mood.

Anyway I've just recently started my Gold and Silver games again.

Now I feel retarded >_>;

Confirmation long ago that both birds will be available in each game, it was in like the second or third news blurb that we received about the games.

Mhm, just had another look at them.

Man I don't know why I even said that earlier though..guess it was because I got annoyed with something in my life =\

I don't get it. This game looks pretty good but why is everyone creating a real fuss over it?

I mean its only a remake but everyone seems to be going crazy over it.

Can someone enlighten me?

You mean besides that it is a remake of what is considered the best pokemon game ever? They seem to be adding in a lot of new features. If you check over the thread you will see about your pokemon being able to follow you at any time *which only happened in yellow and only with pikachu* and a bunch of other cool features. I myself am excited for the pokewalker. Go to the first post and read over what is confirmed and what is speculation and you will see why there is such a "fuss" over it.

You mean besides that it is a remake of what is considered the best pokemon game ever? They seem to be adding in a lot of new features. If you check over the thread you will see about your pokemon being able to follow you at any time *which only happened in yellow and only with pikachu* and a bunch of other cool features. I myself am excited for the pokewalker. Go to the first post and read over what is confirmed and what is speculation and you will see why there is such a "fuss" over it.

I am fully aware of all the new features but why is pkm gold and silver the best pkm games?

Plus I think d/p/pt is the best games so far and PBR of course

I am fully aware of all the new features but why is pkm gold and silver the best pkm games?

Plus I think d/p/pt is the best games so far and PBR of course

Did you ever play G/S/C? When these games came out it was cutting edge. What would D/P/PT be with out the staples? Genders, Breading, pokemon happyness, shinys, night and day based events, specific day events. All of that was introduced way back in G/S. D/P/PT may have the graphics, but G/S started it all.

I have played pokemon since it came out when I was 11. I still have every single pokemon game *loser I know* and I feel that Pokemon would not be what it is today with out all the advancements G/S brought to the table.

NOW back to speculating so I am not off topic. Who here remembers the barber shop under Golden Rod city? Do you think they will have that again? I use to love taking my eevee's there so I could evolve them into Espy/Umbreon.

I never herd of the barber shop this will be my first time playing in jhoto

i wish i had played the oringnal..

i know from experince that iam deffently geting soulsilver by import from japan and then heartgold from us when it comes out here.

The barber shop was kinda like the lady who massages your pokemon with how it increases your Pokemon's happyness. Except with the barber shop some days a really good lady was in and you got charged more, and on other days you had a lady who was cheaper but not as good. The more expensive lady increased your happyness more then the cheap lady.

Maybe they could have both in this game. Kinda like, have a spa for your pokemon x3

That would be kinda of neat i guess but they will probly have something biger then a barber shop you know to show that jhoto has grown all these years i know there going to have why more things in these games.

hmm... maybe the barber shop will have moved aboveground into an actual shop and you can get your pokemon's hair cut at either the cheap lady or the expensive lady's chair. I speculate, however, that it's still gonna be an operation in the underground, but there will be other stuff there (maybe poffin making or seal vendors or something else).

Did you ever play G/S/C? When these games came out it was cutting edge. What would D/P/PT be with out the staples? Genders, Breading, pokemon happyness, shinys, night and day based events, specific day events. All of that was introduced way back in G/S. D/P/PT may have the graphics, but G/S started it all.

I have played pokemon since it came out when I was 11. I still have every single pokemon game *loser I know* and I feel that Pokemon would not be what it is today with out all the advancements G/S brought to the table.

NOW back to speculating so I am not off topic. Who here remembers the barber shop under Golden Rod city? Do you think they will have that again? I use to love taking my eevee's there so I could evolve them into Espy/Umbreon.

I have never played G/S/C, my 1st pkm game was coloseeum, so thats why i'm not familiar with it

I have never played G/S/C, my 1st pkm game was coloseeum, so thats why i'm not familiar with it

Then no offense, but you simply won't understand, even if we explain it to you.

Playing from the original RBY generation, and then getting GSC, there was nothing like that fresh jump into the new era of Pokemon. None of the other games have given me the same feeling of excitement on the first play through.

Gen 1 was mysterious, I didn't know exactly what I was getting into when I first got Red.

Gen 2 was just pure excitement. I had already played Pokemon and gotten familiar with it. The idea of a new region with new Pokemon, and TONS of new features, it was great.

Gen 3 I wasn't even originally going to pick up. But once I hear FRLG were coming out, I picked up Ruby to see how much had changed in preparation for my return to Kanto. It was good, but it was more like only a feeling of curiosity.

Gen 4 was a mixture of Gen 2 and 3. Excited to see how they would handle the transition to the DS, and a bit curious on what would happen to all the Pokemon I caught in the 3rd Gen, as trading between generations had seemed to be a lost art before hand.

I have to agree with DanteKoriyu on this as well. You weren't there to exp that jump from one generation to the next. There just has never been that big of an advancement in pokemon since that time of going from Gen 1 to Gen 2. Sure they added contests and expanded on the berries, but really those are minor things. Nothing like the first time you hatch the Togipi egg or finally having genders in your pokemon. And who can forget the first time being able to choose genders? They seem so simple and boring now, but back then it was HUGE. I really didn't have access to the internet, so I had NO clue what a "shiny" was. I literally almost crapped my pants when I found a pink Whooper of all things.

The remakes are bringing back some of what made the originals so good while throwing in new stuff at the same time. I never got to have a Pokemon Pikachu so the pokewalker coming with the game makes my day. I will so pimp that thing out. Having a poke fallow you again is awesome! To finally have any pokemon I want run around with me is the best add in for me. And I am sure there is more that we haven't seen yet.

Besides the barber shop, what else do you guys think they will still have? I really want to see how they handle the bug catching show. That was always so much fun. It use to drive me nuts waiting for a certain day for it haha. Ah the days before you could manually changes the dates on your hand helds.

Besides the barber shop, what else do you guys think they will still have? I really want to see how they handle the bug catching show. That was always so much fun. It use to drive me nuts waiting for a certain day for it haha. Ah the days before you could manually changes the dates on your hand helds.

Maybe a black market underground? That would be pretty interesting to see in a child's game :3 If not, make it link to the Goldenrod mall for more shopping products >.<

It'd be so sweet if the Bug Catching contest gets more prizes x3

Maybe a black market underground? That would be pretty interesting to see in a child's game :3 If not, make it link to the Goldenrod mall for more shopping products >.<

Heh and then it's left out in the european versions XDDD

The bug catching contest needs big improvement. So it's worth to do it after you already have your sun stone and a scyther O:

I would like to be able to keep all caught Pokemon, but only submit one for the contest. Granted it was cool to have a fun event to do every couple days, but I didn't like having to choose between which uber-bug I wanted. lol Terrible choice for competitive people, catch shiny Caterpie, or win contest with Scyther...choices, choices. =P