True, it does have the color. But it is just part of an event. That reminds me! The Red Gyarados will obviously have it own colored sprite, so why wouldn't normal shiny Pokemon have it? So I guess they will have shiny overworld sprites. Now, I think that they will use the time capsule to trade with gen III games as a way to substitute pal-park.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rudeness. I wouldn't infract you for your own choices.

I think shiny pokes will have their own overworld sprites. It won't be like Mystery Dungeon where there were none aside from Celebi.

Aight then. Yeah, shinies would make sense, because if they're gonna put the effort to put overworld sprites in the game, then they may as well go all the way with them, to make this the BEST POKEMON GAME EVER. Plus, the fans would love it.

It'd be quite a horrible marketing strategy to make it DSi exclusive. It eliminates the market of anyone who has a DS/Lite and doesn't upgrade, and there are tons out there. DSi exclusive games are probably going to be limited to games that can use a LOT of DSi features. Though HG/SS is easy enough to imagine to have a handful of DSi features, not almost certainly not DSi exclusive.

Yeah, I don't want any exclusive features, mostly because I want the time capsule to be compatible with it which will allow you to get gen III Pokemon. But would it be a bad marketing idea if they bundled it with a special DSi? I think that would probably increase sales. But hey, it is possible they could do both, have exclusive features for DS and DSi. It would be pretty cool.

Yeah, I don't want any exclusive features, mostly because I want the time capsule to be compatible with it which will allow you to get gen III Pokemon. But would it be a bad marketing idea if they bundled it with a special DSi? I think that would probably increase sales. But hey, it is possible they could do both, have exclusive features for DS and DSi. It would be pretty cool.

Like having Dongle method for DS-lites and DSi features? I was thinking that...

Bad marketing idea is if it only works for DSi. DS-lite is the standard now... expect DSi to be in... about a year or so.

Bundling a special edition DSi with it... might not be a bad idea...

I wonder if there will be differences to the Jagged-Ear Pichu available within HGSS depending on if you use the Pikachu-Colored Pichu or one of its evolutions, kinda like the ZAPRONG Elekid available in Pokemon xD.

The official website says a Shokotan Pikachu or Raichu will still activate the event, so I'm wondering if the JEPichu will have a different moveset or something if you don't use the PCPichu like originally intended, and instead use one of the evolutions.

Hm, sounds possible. Maybe if you evolve the Jagged Ear Pichu, it will become a Jagged Ear Pikachu, or Raichu. Hm, I think this form isn't only exclusive to the event. I think there will be other ways to get a Jagged Ear Pichu, and probably with a different gender too. One thing is for sure, since there was a Pichu hiding behind the shrine, that must mean that the shrine will be used later in the game. So Celebi will probably be in the game!

No, I'm pretty sure they were specific that the JEPichu is to be female. I'm not ruling it out, I just doubt it.

As to the multiple JEPichu, I'm sure there would be. I'd expect it from breeding at least. But since Pichu can't breed, you'd have to evolve it, and if it evolves into a normal Pikachu, well then I dunno. They'll do something? lol

To be able to obtain one in the first place?

An evolved JEPichu would still keep the possible hex values that change it to that form, so breeding from that JEPichu would be the only way to obtain another one? As I'm sure none of the wild Pokemon from the Pikachu line would have the hex values for the Jagged-Ear form.

Alright, you mean we'd be able to get more by breeding the first one... that's a cool idea then. =)

I wonder what changes would the evolutions of JEPichu be... Their ears aren't really candidates for being jagged.

Alright, you mean we'd be able to get more by breeding the first one... that's a cool idea then. =)

I wonder what changes would the evolutions of JEPichu be... Their ears aren't really candidates for being jagged.

I can completely imagine both Notched/Jagged Ear Pikachu and Notched/Jagged Ear Raichu.

Look at this fanart! Wouldn't a Raichu like this be hilarious?

what_doesnt_belong_by_Zhampy.png

But I have serious doubts that the special Pichu can evolve, just like the Pikachu in Pokémon Yellow.

I can completely imagine both Notched/Jagged Ear Pikachu and Notched/Jagged Ear Raichu.

Look at this fanart! Wouldn't a Raichu like this be hilarious?

what_doesnt_belong_by_Zhampy.png

But I have serious doubts that the special Pichu can evolve, just like the Pikachu in Pokémon Yellow.

LoL! That would be a fun idea~ Jagged-Eared Pikachu and Raichu :)

If HG/SS lack JEPikachu/Raichu, my likes of the game will drop by 1.

This is to much. This is even more than I expected. Hoenn legends? Sinnoh legends? Add that with the Johto legends already in there and we a lot of legends in one game! I think they might even add Mewtwo so we can all forget about pal park!

It is highly probable because the HG/SS has not only Johto region but also Kanto region. If you recall from old games of Gold and Silver version there was a cave with Mewtwo hiding inside near the city with 2nd Gym Leader Misty. I miss her at the animes... xD

It is highly probable because the HG/SS has not only Johto region but also Kanto region. If you recall from old games of Gold and Silver version there was a cave with Mewtwo hiding inside near the city with 2nd Gym Leader Misty. I miss her at the animes... xD

Mewtwo wasn't in Gen II. Though the cave is still there, and it's like he left some item behind.

He... moved to another place? :)

Yeah, either "Red" caught him in the Kanto games, or when you defeat him he "flew away, deeper into the cave".

Anyway, some people on Serebii have been playing around with the Johto Map in Photoshop and they managed to remove most of the clouds that are covering the new area west of Olivine. Seems to be the returning Battle Tower from Crystal, or a watered down Battle Frontier(less likely), or something totally new(very doubtful).

Ed_and_Al_scrap_by_SunshineCasy.jpg

Well, it could be a battle tower. All the newer games have one, and since the DS has wi-fi compatibility, then why not take advantage of it? It would be a very good addition to the game.

i agree but i think there will be more ther than just the tower

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

New gameplay footage showing ho-oh and lugia, aswell as more pokemon following you, check it out!!