I mean you were fighting the strongest Pokémon ever. To take something out like that, well that's just stupid.

Mewtwo's not the strongest Pokémon ever anymore though, and I think the original idea was that Mewtwo was already captured / defeated / whatever by Red. But who knows?

As for the Daycare thing, I would expect not to see overworld sprites like in RSE and DPPt. But if they do have them, I'd be willing to bet Wailord will be shrunken down. I mean, look at the final evolutions of the starters in Amnity Square in Platinum... they were shrunken down, right?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mewtwo's not the strongest Pokémon ever anymore though, and I think the original idea was that Mewtwo was already captured / defeated / whatever by Red. But who knows?

As for the Daycare thing, I would expect not to see overworld sprites like in RSE and DPPt. But if they do have them, I'd be willing to bet Wailord will be shrunken down. I mean, look at the final evolutions of the starters in Amnity Square in Platinum... they were shrunken down, right?

I think we need a fully EV trained Mewtwo and Arceus showdown. A best two out of three.

I think we need a fully EV trained Mewtwo and Arceus showdown. A best two out of three.

Well, I didn't necessarily mean it like that, but even in a battle between the two, Arceus has its Bug and Dark Formes.

What I really meant about Mewtwo not being the strongest is that the metagame has become more balanced overall. Mewtwo (and other Psychic types) used to dominate the gameplay, but in GSC they introduced Dark types (Psychic's foil) and Steel types (resistant to Psychic among other things), as well as some Pokémon geared specifically for taking down high power, low Defense Psychics (Heracross ftw).

And before you point out that Heracross is part Fighting, I certainly had no problem destroying Mewtwo in Stadium 2, even after a Psychic attack (I played my own Pokémon against each other).

The manga does not have much in common with the anime and games.

The manga has more in common with the games than the anime though, though, it all depends on which manga you're talking about, because Special has been said to embody the ideal of Pokemon by the creators of the game, whereas Electric Tale is closer to the anime, being based off of it.>.> I prefer Special however, I mean seriously, when do you see Pokemon that violent?xDD

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

What I really meant about Mewtwo not being the strongest is that the metagame has become more balanced overall. Mewtwo (and other Psychic types) used to dominate the gameplay, but in GSC they introduced Dark types (Psychic's foil) and Steel types (resistant to Psychic among other things), as well as some Pokémon geared specifically for taking down high power, low Defense Psychics (Heracross ftw).

And as for this, they also further balanced the meta in Platinum too, with new Bug-type moves, and the changing of the move system, whereas before one type would be either special or physical, now there's a whole possibility of things.xD Though, if there were a really epic battle between leg trainers, damn nubs, I'd go for the one with Mewtwo, I mean, Arceus just sucks, it was a terrible idea to begin with, Nintendo wouldn't have gotten away with that 15 years ago, god of Pokemon, puh-lease, religious groups would've been on their arse like flies on crap.xDDD

I volunteer for Mewtwo. However i no longer have wi-fi. So i can only battle from Friday to Sunday. (If anyone is confused about this PM me)

Then we can Shoddy it. I personally like Mewtwo better (he's my favorite Pokemon), but I'm going to play devil's advocate and we can test it out. 6 Mewtwo vs 6 Arceus :P

Anyhow, I don't know if Cerulean Cave will open... or if Kanto will be in this game to begin with. I certainly hope so... or perhaps Mewtwo migrated or there might be a secret entrance to Cerulean Cave later on. I blame those :bidoof: at Gamefreak for being lazy in G/S/C. Silver Cave's level 51 Golbats and the whole cave looked too small to be an end-game cave :-/

Do you think they'll expand Mt. Silver's map? I really hope so. I want a challenging cave... although going in and encountering a whole bunch of useless Gravelers and Golbats (pardon me) without repels to reach Red was annoying.

And as for this, they also further balanced the meta in Platinum too, with new Bug-type moves, and the changing of the move system, whereas before one type would be either special or physical, now there's a whole possibility of things.xD Though, if there were a really epic battle between leg trainers, d**n nubs, I'd go for the one with Mewtwo, I mean, Arceus just sucks, it was a terrible idea to begin with, Nintendo wouldn't have gotten away with that 15 years ago, god of Pokemon, puh-lease, religious groups would've been on their arse like flies on crap.xDDD

Yeah, I want to kill Gamefreak for trying to have a llama impersonate my God :P

Oh, and welcome back :D

Then we can Shoddy it. I personally like Mewtwo better (he's my favorite Pokemon), but I'm going to play devil's advocate and we can test it out. 6 Mewtwo vs 6 Arceus :P

Arceus would win in that fight. One of Arceus' strengths, if not it's greatest, is adaptibility. It should just be a one on one fight. For more authenticity.

Anyhow, I don't know if Cerulean Cave will open... or if Kanto will be in this game to begin with. I certainly hope so... or perhaps Mewtwo migrated or there might be a secret entrance to Cerulean Cave later on. I blame those :bidoof: at Gamefreak for being lazy in G/S/C. Silver Cave's level 51 Golbats and the whole cave looked too small to be an end-game cave :-/

I firmly believe that Kanto will be in the game. If not than they would have to really improve Johto in terms of content.

Do you think they'll expand Mt. Silver's map? I really hope so. I want a challenging cave... although going in and encountering a whole bunch of useless Gravelers and Golbats (pardon me) without repels to reach Red was annoying.

I felt as though the caves were empty. Most of the caves did not have a single trainer, honestly I can only think of one which had twelve relatively low level trainers. Even Victory Road was barren, except for the "surprise" visit from your Rival...

One on one it is then :-/

It's just my wishful thinking that Mewtwo will win. That is, if Arceus is holding Poison Plate or something... who knows?

And yes, me too. I believe Kanto will be in the game, but those :bidoof: at Gamefreak CAN and WILL disappoint in some way. I REALLY hope it's not cutting Kanto off. But they are going to improve Johto (at least they should).

Yes, most caves had no trainers. Victory Road was very disappointing... it was only a shadow of its former glory. If that's really Victory Road, then why is it that no trainers are in there striving to reach the Pokemon League? They probably didn't bother because the highest Pokemon in that league is a level 50 Dragonite. Yeah...

Mt. Moon of all places became the most disappointing. No, scratch that. Seaform Islands was the most disappointing place of all.

Because i raised mine on a DS not shoddy and i prefer to see the attack images, and listen to the music that to have a plain old battle program like Net-Battle. I stoped playing net battle because it started getting boring with these aspects missing.

I prefer the original DS battles. Not Shoddy.

Me too. But people without Wifi only have this option to test stuff out. And Shoddy is NOTHING like real competitive battles. Shoddy has Pokemon with perfect IVs across the board, which is BORING. You see the same Scizor everywhere, same Metagross, same yadda yadda yadda... and stuff pack random Hidden Powers which just annoys me.

And DSi camera? I wonder what they'll use that for. Back in Pokemon Yellow you were able to print Pokedex entries using the Gameboy Color Printer.

And DSi camera? I wonder what they'll use that for. Back in Pokemon Yellow you were able to print Pokedex entries using the Gameboy Color Printer.

That option would be cool, but maybe having the camera take your picture for your trainer card? The possibilities are astounding for what the camera might do for the game series in the future.

That option would be cool, but maybe having the camera take your picture for your trainer card? The possibilities are astounding for what the camera might do for the game series in the future.

Maybe not even just the trainer card. Some other cool stuff can also be taken, perhaps a snapshot of the trainer and his/her 6 Pokemon or something. They had a photo place in Cianwood back in G/S/C... but I had NO idea what it was for. Or am I thinking about the wrong game again? @_@

My expectations for these 2 games

1. New move tutors that teach the following moves

Hypnosis, Eruption, Water Spout, Nasty Plot, Head Smash, Dragon Dance, and Ice Shard

2. The ability to capture Celebi, Latias, and Latios

3. You can use the new formes from platinum

4. Finally, you can design the costume of your character

My expectations for these 2 games

1. New move tutors that teach the following moves

Hypnosis, Eruption, Water Spout, Nasty Plot, Head Smash, Dragon Dance, and Ice Shard

2. The ability to capture Celebi, Latias, and Latios

3. You can use the new formes from platinum

4. Finally, you can design the costume of your character

1) Yeah, there will definitely be new move tutors, I think. But they'll disappoint us again by not giving Nasty Plot but instead stuff like Snore or Defense Curl. But the elemental punches should be in (those TMs were invaluable back in G/S/C).

2) Celebi might be an event. As for the Lati twins, who knows? If they get in though, that'd be great.

3) I wish... but :bidoof: of Gamefreak may disappoint. You CAN use the new forms in link battles, but just not Wifi.

4) This would be cool. But it's not happening :(