• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But why would the Poketch even exist? it didn't even get invented till Pokemon Diamond, and Pearl.

That's not a Pokétch that is a Pokégear. A Pokégear is essentially a radio-enabled phone in the Johto region, Lax? For convenience, Gold kept it on his wrist (It also appeared to have the ability to send a live stream of the person on the other line in the anime.), Lax? The Pokégear is Johto's Pokétch, and, for the sake of just adding in other things, the Pokénav is Hoenn's Pokétch, Lax?

Edited by SCV
Erased useless spam.

But why would the Poketch even exist? it didn't even get invented till Pokemon Diamond, and Pearl.

Well, I figure (like a lot of people do) that FR and LG take place at the same time as RSE, and to the same token, that HG and SS take place at the same time as DPPt.

Don't forget, when HG and SS come out, they will be compatible with the Sinnoh Pokémon, which "weren't discoverd" until DPPt either.

That's not a Pokétch that is a Pokégear.

Right, but if it's controlled with the touchscreen now (unconfirmed) then it stands to reason that it would support the same features as the Pokétch, and it would be nice not to lose some of those apps in the transition from DPPt to HGSS.

Well, I figure (like a lot of people do) that FR and LG take place at the same time as RSE, and to the same token, that HG and SS take place at the same time as DPPt.

Don't forget, when HG and SS come out, they will be compatible with the Sinnoh Pokémon, which "weren't discoverd" until DPPt either.

Right, but if it's controlled with the touchscreen now (unconfirmed) then it stands to reason that it would support the same features as the Pokétch, and it would be nice not to lose some of those apps in the transition from DPPt to HGSS.

Realistically, HG/SS probably won't have very many new additions in terms of something that most people just used to tell time. There are somethings that I may miss, like the Counter App so that I can track EV's, or the Snorlax Cooking Timer App (For reasons I don't feel the need to be discussed, Lax?), even the Kecleon Color Changer is fun to mess with. Other Apps would include the Day-Care App and the Tracking Map App, Lax? It's possible, if a TV were implemented, for those Apps to continue; the Day-Care App would actually be a live stream for example. Or the Tracking Map App would a reporter reporting the location of a rare Pocket Monster, or the Beasts, Lax?

the Day-Care App would actually be a live stream for example.

...I don't think it's safe or healthy to go there.

Anyway, you named off some fairly useful apps there, and I still feel as though at least some of them will make it, probably with aesthetics to more closely resemble the PokéGear.

Either way, the apparent importance of the touch screen could be a good thing. (I keep wondering what they'll do for Gen V, if they don't keep the dual / touch screen functionality.)

I think that the Day-Care App is certain to appear because it was in GSC that the Day-Care was introduced to the game.

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

More scans are here! This time it's from famitsu.

"In regards to the shiny Pichu that you can download for preordering a 12th movie ticket, "Pikachu-Colored Pichu," it is now confirmed that it will activate an event when transferred from Platinum to the games. The magazine says, "It looks like having Pikachu-Colored Pichu in your party triggers an event with Notched-Ear Pichu." So the Pichu will definitely be a special one like the movie Regigigas last year, which unlocked the caverns of the other Regis in Platinum. This information also confirms that the Notched-Ear Pichu will be in the games and is not just a movie-exclusive character. Considering that the event takes place in Ilex Forest, and this is just speculation, one of the Pichu might have something to do with the GS Ball.

The Arceus section in the scans is just showing its different PokeDex entries in Diamond and Pearl. It also says that in Platinum, you can hear the legend of Arceus from a hiker in the Oreburgh Mine and then later in the Canalave Library when you have the Arceus from the movie event in your party. The legend just summarizes what we already know about the legendaries of Sinnoh in that Arceus is the creator and Dialga, Palkia, and the lake trio were born from it."

...I don't think it's safe or healthy to go there.

Anyway, you named off some fairly useful apps there, and I still feel as though at least some of them will make it, probably with aesthetics to more closely resemble the PokéGear.

Either way, the apparent importance of the touch screen could be a good thing. (I keep wondering what they'll do for Gen V, if they don't keep the dual / touch screen functionality.)

Hmm.. If Nintendo do decide to lose the touch screen functions, they'd have a lot of unhappy fans on their hands. The ability to save will also be better, i'm sure it'll help those who forget to save.

Also, on the subject of changing the Radio Towers to TV Towers, I highly doubt they'd implement them, as they play a very important role throughout the game. They may introduce TV-like functionality, but probably won't remove anything to do with the radio.

Hmm.. If Nintendo do decide to lose the touch screen functions, they'd have a lot of unhappy fans on their hands. The ability to save will also be better, i'm sure it'll help those who forget to save.

Also, on the subject of changing the Radio Towers to TV Towers, I highly doubt they'd implement them, as they play a very important role throughout the game. They may introduce TV-like functionality, but probably won't remove anything to do with the radio.

Ah, yes, the Phone Calls. Anyone still remember it? xD

"Oh, I almost caught a RATTATA the other day! Oh it was soooooooooooooooooooooo close! See ya later!"

*beep beep*

LOL I was just thinking the same thing xD I would HATE it when they would call me with such useless stuff like that. I would be like, OMG I DON"T CARE ABOUT YOUR STUPID RATTATA! KTNX BYE!

I remember I would always call Professor Elm just to see if he would say something different. Young minds are so easily amused :bidoof:

I actually liked the phone calls, they immersed you into the game more.

Of course, it was annoying when they repeated themselves.

If they put some more time into the phone call system though, it could be great. They could update you on locations of legendaries, rumors that could lead you to secrets, and give you interesting stories. Perhaps even comment on things they've heard about you.

The gameboy and gameboy color Pokemon games had an internal battery to store your save games. Once that died, any saves you made would disappear.

BTW, there's a guide to replace that battery.

http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15464

In case any of you were interested....I've never done it myself, but it should work if you're careful enough. Wouldn't recommend this to any kids >_>