Yeah, the new girl is a new characater.

Just like they did with FR/LG.

Similar to Kris (look at the hair... style... shape?), but a new character.

She's not Kris! This new wench has no sense of fashion at all.>.> I wanted them to keep Kris! I loved her, now I'll be forced to play the boy character.>.> Ugh! I shall call this new girl Poop Jr!>=]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone remember what the scans showed? The links are either deleted or don't work. Darn my curiosity xD

EDIT

Never mind xD I checked the news and they are posted there. Thanks anyway :3 I get lost way to easy on forums >.<

Ugh! I shall call this new girl Poop Jr!>=]

Who's Poop Sr?

On another note, I really hope that the skateboard isn't included -- it kind of destroys the originality of the games having a bike. Also, the new female character shouldn't have been added -- I was looking forward to what Kris would look like in Gen IV gfx :P.

She's not Kris! This new wench has no sense of fashion at all.>.> I wanted them to keep Kris! I loved her, now I'll be forced to play the boy character.>.> Ugh! I shall call this new girl Poop Jr!>=]

Woah! Temper. She looks like a cute female Mario. She looks like she will be a great addition. Although I would've preffered Kris, this girl is fine. I'm a boy anyways so I don't care.

Who's Poop Sr?

On another note, I really hope that the skateboard isn't included -- it kind of destroys the originality of the games having a bike. Also, the new female character shouldn't have been added -- I was looking forward to what Kris would look like in Gen IV gfx :P.

Everyone knows Poop Sr. was Leaf, ugh, she had no sense of fashion either.>.> Neither did Hikari though, and, I'm a guy too, I just have gender issues that still need working out.>.>

Everyone knows Poop Sr. was Leaf, ugh, she had no sense of fashion either.>.> Neither did Hikari though, and, I'm a guy too, I just have gender issues that still need working out.>.>

Leaf looked fine in my opinion. The winner of the style clasher is no other than... Gardenia! Seriously... what is that? For a plant type leader... that outfit just isn't right! o_O

Leaf looked fine in my opinion. The winner of the style clasher is no other than... Gardenia! Seriously... what is that? For a plant type leader... that outfit just isn't right! o_O

the girl looks fine i mean shes not Kris but she is still ok

BUT THE WINNER OF THE BEAUTY CONTEST...CYNTHIA!!!:grog::creep::D:D

About Pichu

It chould be part of a new scenario involving the ilex forest....
Hardly.

Uhhhhh.... take a close look at the scans. I can't be sure (the scans suck and are cut off at the folds, so I can't properly read everything), but I'm pretty sure that's the notch-eared Pichu in the Ilex Forest with the Pikachu-colored Pichu. And since Protokoll says that (from what he was able to read) that the P-C Pichu does activate an event in-game, then that's probably what's happening in that picture.

Rant about translations:

Also (on a separate rant), thanks once again, Serebii.net, for giving us a crappy translation! A notch in something is when something is MISSING from something (an INDENTATION). If those pointy angles were pieces MISSING from the Pichu's ear, then I would call it a notch-eared Pichu. HOWEVER, "ぎざぎざ" doesn't ONLY mean notched, it can also mean serrated, jagged, or pointy (with that zig zaggy kind of feeling). SO, I would call the Jagged-eared Pichu, or something more fitting like that.

In fact, from now on, I will NOT be referring to it as the notch-eared Pichu.

(More blantant ranting)

The only thing that sucks more than Serebii's English ability is his Japanese ability. And I'm pretty sick of him giving everyone crappy translations that everyone runs with "cause serebii says so."

I could make a list, honestly.

(back on topic)

About the girl's outfit

For those of you complaining about the new girl's outfit...

I think I MIGHT know why that style was chosen.

Johto is based on the Kansai area of Japan. And ... it's kinda seen by "city-folk" as being the... I dunno... backwater (?) area of the country. A lot of traditionally-minded people. So you could kind of connect that with a farmer/cowboy image, so maybe that's why she's got overalls on.

Another possible reason could just be because overalls have kinda come back into popularity in Japanese youth fashion.

ALSO (10 points for me)

I totally called this!!

Check out the Pokegear! It looks more like a cell-phone than before!

I totally called it!

Now, let's just see if I was right about whether or not the radio towers will be replaced with TV towers.

:D

I'm thinking that the Radio function on the Pokegear will be replaced with a TV. And that the radio towers (in Johto and Kanto) will be TV tours.

And that the pokegear itself will more closely resemble a cell phone.

Since 10 years ago, cell phone usage has exploded in Japan (and everywhere), and the major broadcasting towers in Japan are now mainly Digital (and analog) TV towers. And most people can pick up these digital broadcasts with the digital tuner on their cell phones and watch TV anywhere they're within range. People can even watch TV on their DS if they buy the tuner package.

The only people with portable radios these days in Japan are old people.

So that's my prediction.

Edited by Guested
added afterthought on clothes

You mean the Pokegear on the arm? Well it does but if you look at it... it wouldn't flip open but rather the front panel would split apart or slide open. I could be wrong. We will have to wait till more comes out to know for sure.

You mean the Pokegear on the arm? Well it does but if you look at it... it wouldn't flip open but rather the front panel would split apart or slide open. I could be wrong. We will have to wait till more comes out to know for sure.

Yeah, there's the one on the guy's arm, and the one hanging from the girl's bag.

You think it does that? I was thinking that the cylinder thing on the end was like a hinge, and that the square section (with the half pokeball designs) would flip open that way like a clamshell cell phone.

What do you think?

I hope they don't change the radio towers with TV towers and make it so you can't listen to music on your Pokégear anymore. In fact I think this will come to the advantage of DSI compatibility, such as being able to play your own songs on the Pokégear. That would be pretty cool. And the radio tower is too big to change. It's what Team Rocket had to take control of for another important plot.

is anyone else in the US preordering i no im gona:kikkoman:

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

well we can only hope at this point! but dsi comp would be great

According to the CoroCoro scans the touch screen will be like this:

corocoro-clearer-1.jpg

You can see the bag, your pokemon team, your trainer card, save and options.

From the space that is left in the touchscreen must be for the pokegear. I think it will be easier to access to the menu from now on.

According to the CoroCoro scans the touch screen will be like this:

corocoro-clearer-1.jpg

You can see the bag, your pokemon team, your trainer card, save and options.

From the space that is left in the touchscreen must be for the pokegear. I think it will be easier to access to the menu from now on.

It would appear so. And under the leaf to the right is a red button, there will obvious be another use for the touch screen.

I don't think they would do that. If we get a "TV" add-on to the PokéGear, I imagine it would still retain radio functionality.

I'm not really expecting a pocket TV though. If anything, it'll just be the normal PokéGear functions + some (if not all) of the Pokétch functions.

But those wishing to hear their own music through use of a DSi and an SD card are probably out of luck.

Flootenkerp:

I don't really thinking changing it from radio to TV would change the functionality of the device in-game all that much. I think it will just be a change in name. Think about what happens when you watch a TV in a house in D/P/P. I'm sure we'd still get the music and "radio program" type things just the same way.

Also, when I said that they could change the radio tower to a tv tower, I didn't mean that they'd change the PLOT surround those things. Read the post I did about that originally and you'll see that the towers in Japan are mainly TV broadcasting towers these days. If Team Rocket hijacked one of those, it'd be basically the same thing.

Flootenkerp:

I don't really thinking changing it from radio to TV would change the functionality of the device in-game all that much. I think it will just be a change in name. Think about what happens when you watch a TV in a house in D/P/P. I'm sure we'd still get the music and "radio program" type things just the same way.

Also, when I said that they could change the radio tower to a tv tower, I didn't mean that they'd change the PLOT surround those things. Read the post I did about that originally and you'll see that the towers in Japan are mainly TV broadcasting towers these days. If Team Rocket hijacked one of those, it'd be basically the same thing.

Actually they would have to change one thin', and that is that the Gyarados in the Lake of Rage were evolving rapidly due to the radio signal; now I'm not to sure, but Gyarados don't normally watch TV, Lax? Honestly, I don't see the practical reasons behind changing the tower, but I can see that as a nice feature.

Anyway, to the topic at hand. Well, the TV could be used to regularly communicate with the more important members, but that may mean voice acting in a game... Would, or even could, Nintendo dare put voice acting into a game, Hey?

Edited by SCV
Erased things not needed.